PC Sims & Other Games > Other PC Sims

Richard Burns Rally

(1/3) > >>

Wiz:
Well, I finally got to install this last night and after a very short time of driving, I can definitely see where all the "best rally sim ever" talk comes from.

Between this and AC I'm going to be a busy boy.  Great game so far, even though I really suck at it.

The game was released in 2004, so it's a bit outdated graphically, obviously.  Though for a 2004 game I think it's looks pretty decent.  Tracks look better than the cars.

The game company went bankrupt so it's no longer supported, but the mod community has been hard at work over the years and has made some really good looking stuff.  Better graphics, new tracks, new cars, etc.  There's a French modding group (RallyeSim) that puts out a ton of content once a year and call it RSRBR.  If I'm reading things correctly, the content from them pretty much rewrites the original game, so I'm going to play around with the original content for a while before installing it.  I'm not sure how long I can wait though, as their content looks awesome.

Here's my run at the Training School track...

RBR School Track

And another run (2nd time around) on my favorite track so far....  (for some reason this one didn't record in widescreen format, so it looks kinda shitty, grainy, distorted.)

RBR

More to come... :)

AgentWD40_FL:
Wish that was on PS .... I'd be all over it.  Love rally, and enjoyed reading about this game when first mentioned a few days ago.

TheHotstepper:
Rally is fun. GT seems to have supported emphasized rally less and less with each game. GT4 (I think) had some AWESOME rally tracks. I'd love to run the ones we have no more, but they just batter the hell out of my wheel and I can't stand it.

Rek:
Did you have to pull out the old DFGT wheel? Seen Logitech pop up a couple times.

Wiz:

--- Quote from: Rek on July 13, 2014, 07:03:57 PM ---Did you have to pull out the old DFGT wheel? Seen Logitech pop up a couple times.

--- End quote ---

No sir.  I think they were a sponsor for the game or something.  All the sector/timing info has their name on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version