PC Sims & Other Games > Other PC Sims

Richard Burns Rally

<< < (2/3) > >>

NumbSkuld:
Really good stuff.  Nice and smooth in the training video.  I had RBR on my old desktop PC (still running Vista 32bits...haven't switched it on for more than a year) and struggled a lot with my old Red Momo wheel.  Very unfortunate about the big installation warning on the game that it will not run on a laptop without a proper video card (it is my main PC nowadays.  Perhaps I should try and install it on the laptop just to see if it works).   :(  ...Now you got me itching to start up my old PC again to play RBR.   :D

Other than RBR, my favourite rally game was (and still is) "Rally Championship 2000" (aka "Mobil 1 Rally Championship" by Actualize / Magnetic Field) with proper damage, puncture, etc.  RC2K was the first game that exposed me to race against other real players (offline racing though) through a league.

NumbSkuld:
I just downloaded all the RSRBR mod, track packs, car packs and mandatory updates.   Digging around a little bit more and found out rallyesim group will release RSRBR ver 05 in about 17 days.  Damnit, I just used a bunch of my bandwidth that will be obsolete in 2 weeks time.  :'( :'(

Wiz:
Thanks for the heads up on the new version coming soon NumbSkuld.

I almost started downloading the older version last night but decided to check in here first and I'm glad I did.

Assetto Corsa is eating up all my free time right now but I think the new mod will be enticing enough to get me back on this game for a bit.

I think the RSRBR mods have some sort of online component to them.  It'd be cool to get a small group of guys together to do some online racing someday. :)

NumbSkuld:
I applied the patches and add-ons to a fresh BRB installation.  For some reason, I do not have the dashboard.  It was impossible to figure out my speed, revs, gears and what not.  I noticed that the RBR community has Android base dashboard add-ons, which is something that I do not want (at least not at this time).  

I could not get the game to work is with the custom screen resolution (multi-screen set up with my laptop connected to a TV). 

Also, if I use the "Driver" provided with the RBR Community patch, then I can start a race (with a French co-driver....couldn't understand a word he said  :D ).  However, when I start with my own driver name, the game just get stuck with the rotating screen of Richard Burns and his co-driver standing next to the car of my choice from the add-on.

I have uninstalled everything.  When I have some time, I will resintall a clean RBR with no add-ons.  At the moment, I am just too lazy to read everything in the RBR forum to figure out the "perfect configurations", the deciphering of the English translation in that forum is not easy for me.  :(

NumbSkuld:
Mandatory patch #5 (171MB) for RSRBR 2014 has been released on 10-Aug.

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=19503&sid=96dfb5721ddc7979a2f8f76bc4fb03ea

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version