SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 02:40:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98453 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2014, 03:14:23 AM »

AI is much better overall.  they look drunk sometimes weaving around but they are less likely to crash into you.  They are also pretty aggressive and make some pretty good passes.  As long as you take the first few corners easy, they are now fairly fun to race.  Better than GT anyway.

I did a quick test looking at Silverstone in the Formula Abarth in AC and the Formula Renault 3.5 in rF2.  15 car grid sunny weather 29C.  rF2 at mostly medium settings, AC at relatively high settings.  At the start fps dipped into the 30s in rF2 while the lowest it got in AC was 58.  For the first lap or so while the cars were close, I was getting low 40s in rF2 and 60s in AC.  Once the cars got some space I was getting low 50s in rF2 and 80s in AC.  The numbers for rF2 were probably the bare minimum that I'd accept, however, at those graphical settings, the game looked like ass.  AC at the settings raced looked really good.  rF2 still has a lot of work to do.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2014, 07:55:14 AM »

Coming tomorrow...

And the rumor is Multiplayer will be ready sometime in March.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »

I'm going to have to figure out a way to get a wheel set up in my office.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »

Build 0.7 released today.  The Lotus Exos 125 is a formula 1 like car that normal people can buy. http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/racing/type-125

- New car Lotus Exos 125
- New upgrade Lotus Exos 125 S1
- New track Nurburgring GP
- Less noisy bodywork sound for GT cars
- Fixed hotlap penalties always on
- Friends Leaderboard :: filters lap for hotlap mode
- Some performance improvements
- Replay size reduced by 25%
- Gui now restoring hidden apps on exit
- Fixed Gui issues on apps
- Fixed smoke issues on replay
- Tuned low-level settings for smoke
- Fixed time attack start
- Some texture update for Autodromo di Monza
- Anticipated pit limiter when entering pitlane for Silverstone and Silverstone International race circuits
- "New" badge in UI cars thumbnails
- New "special tags" filtering. When you select a player car, the AI opponents selection is now suggesting similar cars. You can of course dismiss the special tag and choose more
- New "add visible" and "clear grid" buttons in custom opponents panel UI
- Launcher theme optimizations.
- Personal best lap is now recorded if penalties are off - steam achievements and online leaderboard times are not.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »

I used to love Corvettes when I was a kid.  Since then I've slowly begun to like them less and less.  80s, 90s, 00s, meh.  But these 2014 Stingrays are gorgeous.  If I had the money, I'd seriously consider buying one.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2014, 12:27:09 AM »

If anyone has been thinking about buying this, now is the time to do it.  It's on sale right now until the 10th of March.  33% off.  $26.65

I highly recommend it!

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

Just bought it, it is awesome.
The handling feels great, but I need to do some adjustments to get rid of a bit of wheel shake at high speed.

The sound is unbelievable, the exhaust is so real, especially when lifting off the gas, and when using a headset, you can even hear the tire squeal from the tire that is starting to lose grip, front, back, left or right. I cant say that I have noticed that difference in GT5-6.

Only did 5 practice laps at Monza in the M3 and Lotus, but it feels fantastic, even before making any adjustments to the car or steering wheel.

Thanks for the reco Tuna.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »

Excellent!  Glad you're enjoying it so far Pete.

Not sure what wheel you have, but you might get some good setup info over at the official forum.  They have dedicated threads for Fanatec, Logitech & Thrustmaster wheels.

Logitech

Thrustmaster

Fanatec
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:07:34 PM by TunaWiz »

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

Thanks Tuna, I have the T500RS, so I'll check out the set-ups.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »

Drifting isn't really my thing, but I thought this video was pretty sweet...

Assetto Corsa BMW 1 Series M Coupe Drift Park

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2014, 11:37:01 AM »

It's still the 10th... I may pick it up too.  I was looking at the site a couple days ago, thanks to this thread.  I think it's time to see what a PC racing game feels like :D

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2014, 08:04:01 AM »

I got this the other night, but sadly after the sale was over.  But 39.99 for a game that will probably be great when it's done, and getting to play a good PC sim while I wait for it and pCARS to be finished, is a good deal in my book.

So far the physics seem pretty darn good, and the graphics are brilliant in a lot of ways.  Just having a better ability to see clearly at a distance, is the biggest difference from GT so far IMO.  That, and the grass area and off track stuff is more detailed.

I'm getting used to it and setting up the game.  I have a few questions:

Why when I start a race is there no good indication of when to shift into 1st and hit the gas?  I see the lights -- I get that, but after the lights are all lit up, it seems like it's making me guess when the race will actually start?  I always start many car lengths back because of this.

Can I map my DFGT buttons to do more than just drive?  Like bring up menus and start/stop races?  Do I use the logitech profiler for that, and make it map buttons to the keyboard defaults?

The AI is kind of drunk as Doc said.  But they do show some skill and I guess it is a WIP...

Going back to GT6 after driving this did show me how the FFB in GT is a little less sophisticated (or a lot) but the cars also felt more "direct" and "intuitive" in GT.  That's not just because I'm used to it -- I don't think.  I think in AC you have to slow down way too much to make corners... but I could be mistaken.  I'm also still trying to get the feel for how much brake pressure to apply and when, so that's part of it I"m sure.

I think i'm going to comlpetely disable the feature to have "g-effects" because personally I like how GT shakes the screen as if you're IN The car rather than shaking the car on the screen, making it seem like you are not part of it.  That makes me feel disconnected and immersion goes way down.

Overall I'm happy and I look forward to what is to come.  If there end up being two or three great PC sims, I'll play them all!  (not iRacing just because I hate subscriptions)

Lastly, any DFGT settings advice?  (or settings that translate well across wheels?)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

Ex,

I can better answer some of your question later, but for now, give this article a good read - http://simhqmotorsports.com/assetto-corsa-hints-tips-part-1/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65   Go Up