SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 05:08:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98457 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »

Thanks!  A few of the explanations of features have already given me an idea of what to change later when I get home!  :thumbs

The following answers my gripe about the perspective during the shaking of the car... though I can't remember actually seeing this setting in my copy... will have to double-check.
Lock Onboard Camera to Horizon

Changes the way your view reacts to bumps on the track. When checked, your viewpoint will stay fixed but the car will bounce.

When unchecked the car stays fixed but your viewpoint will bounce. Ideally you’d probably want some combination of the two.  We slightly prefer the immersion from leaving this unchecked, but some of the movements can be a bit harsh.

Some people have reported that turning this off can help with blurriness.

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

Ex,

I can better answer some of your question later, but for now, give this article a good read - http://simhqmotorsports.com/assetto-corsa-hints-tips-part-1/

Thanks for the link Tuna. Hope to find some time over the weekend to try some settings and runs.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »

New update today...

Assetto Corsa - Development Update 0.7.5
Hello from the Assetto Corsa development team.
Assetto Corsa Early Access v.0.7.5 has been released today. This version includes the new Pagani Huayra Model Year 2013: this awesome hypercar has been modeled and reproduced in cooperation with the R&D department at Pagani Automobili, that also provided the algorithms needed to feature the active aero system performed by the Huayra: seven aerodynamic devices simulate drag and downforce, four of them are movable, controlled by sixteen telemetry channels.
All of this, plus the precise suspension kinematics taken from official Pagani IGES data, the engine twin turbo simulation and the advanced tyre model, makes for an exciting driving
experience, second only to the real counterpart.
This new version of Assetto Corsa includes minor improvements and optimizations to the UI functionalities, AI driving lines and performances, as well as some workaround for AI collisions
that guarantee a better race experience while our development team continue to work on bigger and complex tasks with the aim to reach the 1.0 version of the game soon enough.
This week our development team had the pleasure to meet Aaron Davies, Head of Developer Relations at Oculus VR, working closely with him and his staff at our R&D office to improve compatibility and performance of Assetto Corsa with the Oculus Rift technology, in order to provide the best support to Oculus VR for future updates.
Changelog Early Access 0.7.5
- Pagani Huayra new car (turbo related sounds still wip)
- TC now does not engadge until a car specific speed when launching from stand still
- Aero fixes for Lotus Exos T125, corrects nose up excessive top speed
- Option for player selective collisions. A small workaround until we properly fix the AI.
Collisions only occur around a small distance from the player. All other cars do not collide,
limiting CPU occupation
- Fixed replay audio bug
- Fixed GUI on some apps
- Fixed race output
- New APP :: Track Description
- New APP :: Real Time X360 car controls debug
- Damage OFF option
- Fixed some glitches in mirror rendering
- Improved CPU performance on Monza
- Reduced launcher RAM and VRAM consumption while the simulator is active.
- Added French translation.
- Collision fixes at Monza and Silverstone gp
- Physical mesh at Silverstone gp more detailed.
- Fixed Concrete size at S-Schumacher, Nurburgring GP
- The launcher now keeps a rotating backup store of the local database (found in
Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\backups)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »

Why when I start a race is there no good indication of when to shift into 1st and hit the gas?  I see the lights -- I get that, but after the lights are all lit up, it seems like it's making me guess when the race will actually start?  I always start many car lengths back because of this.

You start when the lights go out.  You can't shift until then.  With an h-shifter, press the clutch, put the car in gear, when the lights go out drop the clutch and go.  With sequential, I don't think you need the clutch, just shift when the lights out and go.  Unless they have fixed it, drag racing is different, if you go on the lights you will get a horrible reaction time and lose.  You time it based on when the car beside you starts reving its engine.  I think its a split second after.  Kind of stupid.

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2014, 08:13:11 AM »

Is it a 'pro' drag tree (all yellows change at the same time?) or do the yellows count down the sequence?  If the latter, IRL the advice is usually to launch when on the last yellow, if it's a pro tree you have to learn the timing a little more, I'd start a mental countdown when the yellows activate - wait for green and it's over before it started. 

I missed the sale(by like 15 min., damnit), waiting for the next one or an influx of cash.. really cool that A/C uses proper starting for races.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2014, 03:58:20 PM »

it seems to be a random, undetermined amount of time before the lights start to turn red, (there are only several reds, no yellows or greens) and then a random amount of time after before the cars start.  I just have to keep hitting upshift until the actual time comes.  Hopefully they come up with something a little more intuitive

on the clutch... I have a DFGT so no clutch, but there is an "auto-clutch" setting.  I see that some cars get mad if you don't let of the gas though, and some shift smooth no matter what.

Is this supposed to be modeling a difference between the cars?
Elise: if you hold gas and shift up, it screams at you for a second, then shifts.
z4: same action results in ultra smooth fast shift.

BTW: I'm getting this game set up enough to really start enjoying it :D

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

it seems to be a random, undetermined amount of time before the lights start to turn red, (there are only several reds, no yellows or greens) and then a random amount of time after before the cars start.  I just have to keep hitting upshift until the actual time comes.  Hopefully they come up with something a little more intuitive

on the clutch... I have a DFGT so no clutch, but there is an "auto-clutch" setting.  I see that some cars get mad if you don't let of the gas though, and some shift smooth no matter what.

Is this supposed to be modeling a difference between the cars?
Elise: if you hold gas and shift up, it screams at you for a second, then shifts.
z4: same action results in ultra smooth fast shift.

BTW: I'm getting this game set up enough to really start enjoying it :D

Even the drag racing has (or at least had) random duration between the last light and start.

Cars that have a sequential shifter shift smoothly even when you don't lift the throttle.  Cars that do have an h-pattern scream at you if you don't lift when using autoclutch and sequential shifter.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2014, 08:17:28 AM »

Okay thanks That helps.

I guess I'll know that when a transmission screams at me that it doesn't have flappy paddels

Had some good fun in the two formula cars this weekend.

I really like the sounds in this game!  I can see various ways that PD have things "mixed" wrong by comparison.  We need LOTS more bass in general in GT games.  We also need a sound mix that is more uniform in the various viewpoints.  Not as much drastic changes... anyway BOT, this is a good game with good sounds, and they don't even have full 5.1 support yet.  I can't wait for that!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »

If a sale comes up for this again, I'd like to buy in.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2014, 09:40:37 AM »

If a sale comes up for this again, I'd like to buy in.

I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know.  I'm sure it'll go on sale again at some point.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »

If anyone is interested in leaderboards, RSR LiveTiming is the way to go.  Note that laps must be run in either Hotlap mode or Race mode in order to register.

Download app here - http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/RsrLiveTime_ACv2.0.013.rar

Installation instructions here - http://nkpro.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=257&Itemid=115

Example leaderboard here - http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=45&track=15&controller_type=all&tyre_type=all&rank_type=all&community=all&friends=all&p=1

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »

There's a boatload of cool apps to play around with here - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/programming-language-apps-gui-themes.22/

You can find tire temp apps, telemetry/lap analysis apps, better timing/delta apps... all kinds of stuff.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »

There's a group over at the official forum that's working on a United Sportscar Championship Mod.  Looks like it's going to be pretty awesome!

Check out some WIP shots here - http://acusccmod.weebly.com/wip-cars.html

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2014, 10:14:10 AM »

Another tip -  You can enable the Dev Apps by doing the following...

On your install drive, navigate to "Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg" and open the assetto_corsa.ini.

There you have to change ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0 from 0 to 1 and then just save it.

When its activated you get alot more default apps to play with.  For example a photomode app, seat position app, downforce app, suspension app, and a few more.

Enjoy.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2014, 10:18:18 AM »

A potentially useful app is the FFB Graph app found here - http://evosys.free.fr/AC/FFBDisp.zip

Using this in conjunction with the default FFB app, it'll tell you if your FFB is clipping.  I've been doing a lot of reading about FFB and clipping is a big no-no. Spend some time to get rid of clipping and you'll get a lot more detail in your FFB.  

A little clipping may be necessary though, at least it is for me.  When you get rid of clipping altogether, FFB seems a little weak to me.  I like a stronger FFB so I have some minor clipping.  Play around with these apps a bit and find what you like. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:32:36 AM by TunaWiz »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 65   Go Up