SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 03:55:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98456 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2014, 02:07:11 PM »

Great info.  Thanks.  I haven't had a chance to play for a while.

If anyone is interested in leaderboards, RSR LiveTiming is the way to go.  Note that laps must be run in either Hotlap mode or Race mode in order to register.

Download app here - http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/RsrLiveTime_ACv2.0.013.rar

Installation instructions here - http://nkpro.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=257&Itemid=115

Example leaderboard here - http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=45&track=15&controller_type=all&tyre_type=all&rank_type=all&community=all&friends=all&p=1

Is this the one that Gregor Huttu is on?  Gregor is one of, if not the top iRacing driver.  A few of the iRacing aliens have been dominating the top of one of the leaderboards.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2014, 02:23:50 PM »

Is this the one that Gregor Huttu is on?  

Yes.  And he dominates here in AC as well....

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »

We need to do a quick round of Steam friend requests.....

My Steam ID - TunaWiz

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »

We need to do a quick round of Steam friend requests.....

My Steam ID - TunaWiz

I sent a request.  Is TunaWizard you as well?

Mine is smyert_shpionam from my old FPS days.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »

Is TunaWizard you as well?

Probably.  I seem to recall installing Steam a long time ago but never really used it. 

Then when we all bought Race 07 I most likely created a new account.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:08 PM »

Mine is The_Wizards-Apprentice

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »

I've been bouncing around between this, GSC & rF2.  For me, out of all the sims I'm playing at this time nothing else compares to those 3 right now.  I'm really enjoying them.

I think for me it's the FFB.  I know some folks don't like the "canned FFB effects", but I love em.  Every other sim I've played feels dull/lifeless to me in comparison.

Here's my hotlap @ Nurb in the MP4-12C GT3

Nurb GP Hotlap MP4-12C GT3
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:43:36 PM by TunaWiz »

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2014, 10:59:58 PM »

I have to agree with you Wiz, I have been running the BMW M3 GT2 and Z4 GT3 at Silverstone and Nurburgring all evening, and I cant believe how real it feels ( that's what I would imagine it felt like if I had ever raced for real ).

Sitting in the rig, with the T500RS, in cockpit view is just awesome. The sounds, car movement and feedback is beyond belief for an unfinished game that cost $26.00.

I can see me running this most of the time when there's no Tuna events going on.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2014, 11:27:42 PM »

I can see me running this most of the time when there's no Tuna events going on.

Agreed.  And when multiplayer comes, I'll most likely play it even more! :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2014, 11:45:57 PM »

I've been meaning to let y'all know what I'm using to post the videos....

It's a program called MSI Afterburner, which can be downloaded from here - http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/download-bt1.gif

MSI Afterburner is 100% free!

Once installed, there's a few settings that need to be tweaked if you want to capture in HD.

Click on "Settings"

Then click on the Video Capture tab.

The settings that I use and/or need to be changed are circled in yellow.

Some of the settings are user preference, but I'd recommend these and here's why....

1.  The difference when watching youtube vids in 720 vs. 1080 is negligible in my opinion.  Recording in 1080 would increase the size of the capture considerably.  It'll also make your hardware work harder and possibly cause stuttering if it can't keep up.  Not worth it.  It'll also take a long time to upload due to the huge file size.  I highly recommend sticking with 720P.

2.  Youtube videos are only capable of playing at 30 FPS, so recording at anything higher is kind of a waste of time/resources.

3.  Going higher than 85% quality will also cause the same concerns as seen in point #1.  Possible stuttering, huge file size, etc.

The other settings (gamma, decoder) I'm not 100% sure what they are/do.  I found a tutorial online and they recommend those settings.

Set the hotkey to whatever you want.

I recommend using a destination folder on a separate drive if you have one.  It'll help performance as well.

If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Now get to work and post some vids!! :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2014, 12:04:04 AM »

Another thing I wanted to mention is skins/liveries...  if anyone wants to add some, you can find them here - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/car-models-and-skins-modding.24/

Once downloaded, copy the skin folder and navigate to "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars", find the car folder you need to add the skin to, open it, then open that cars "Skins" folder.  Then paste the skin folder in there.

Most skins you find will likely be in zip or rar format.  If zip, just unzip the file into the correct skin folder.  If rar, you'll need a program called winrar.  Find it here - http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm   When going through the winrar setup, make sure to uncheck "ZIP" on the "Use this program to open these file types" screen.  If you don't, winrar will become your default zip extractor which you don't want.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:10:04 AM by TunaWiz »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2014, 12:48:39 AM »

Also wanted to chime in on the start procedure but didn't want to until I went back and tried it in game to see how it was working.  I couldn't remember as I don't race much in AC, just hotlaps mainly.

As far as I'm concerned, it's accurate to most real life standing start procedures that I've seen.

Skip to about 1:20 on this vid....

Standing 5 meters from the start of a Formula One race

And skip to about 3:54 on this one...

DTM 2011 Hockenheim Start

Text version of this rule I found online....

A five-second declaration will be made via radio by the Race Director prior to the start of the light sequence. The starting sequence will begin when the first two rows of red lights on the lighting panel illuminate. The red lights will continue to fill from the bottom of the light panel two rows at a time, for a total of six steps (12 rows).  Once the panel is filled with red lights, there will be a delay between .5 and 3 seconds and the panel will switch to all green lights (or lights off) and the race will begin.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, it's accurate to most real life standing start procedures that I've seen.

Except not being able to put the car in gear until the lights go out.  That's kind of annoying.  And the drag racing starts are wrong.

Did you notice that GSC will let you do the formation lap?  That's kind of cool.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »

Except not being able to put the car in gear until the lights go out.  That's kind of annoying. 

True enough. 

My bad, I should have been more specific.... I was mainly commenting on the random amount of time in regards to when the lights go out on race start.

Did you notice that GSC will let you do the formation lap?  That's kind of cool.

Yup.  rF2 has this and I think Race 07 has it as well. 

I ran a few league races a while back in rF2 and they used the formation lap.  It was neat, but believe it or not some folks had a hard time with it.  Hitting other cars, going off track, not lining up properly.  Stupids.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2014, 12:22:54 AM »

Mine is The_Wizards-Apprentice

Nothing shows up when I try to add that name.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65   Go Up