SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 12:54:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98433 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #495 on: August 23, 2014, 09:46:55 AM »

After I shut down last night I hopped on the forum only to find out DrDoom released his newest version.  Had to fire the game back up to try it out.

I didn't think the Cobra would be a great car here but decided to try it anyway.  Turned out to be my favorite car I've tried here so far.

If you have a spare 15 minutes, here's my first run with this combo.  Make sure to turn on the HD.

Cobra @ Transfagarasan

Seriously, this combo alone is worth $20.  Had a smile on my face the entire run. :)

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #496 on: August 23, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2014, 03:47:09 AM »

nice Wiz looked like fun. Just curious.... your guy was pretty busy with the wheel, did you have to make those big wheel movements?
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »

nice Wiz looked like fun. Just curious.... your guy was pretty busy with the wheel, did you have to make those big wheel movements?

No.  When the animation is around 360 I'm probably doing around 180 or so.

I think I read that there's a setting somewhere that you can match the animation to your wheel input, I just keep forgetting to check into it.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2014, 08:18:28 AM »

After I shut down last night I hopped on the forum only to find out DrDoom released his newest version.  Had to fire the game back up to try it out.

I didn't think the Cobra would be a great car here but decided to try it anyway.  Turned out to be my favorite car I've tried here so far.

If you have a spare 15 minutes, here's my first run with this combo.  Make sure to turn on the HD.

Cobra @ Transfagarasan

Seriously, this combo alone is worth $20.  Had a smile on my face the entire run. :)

is that track one you have in your downloads page?  I didn't see it.

Thanks

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #500 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »

is that track one you have in your downloads page?  I didn't see it.

No sorry.   You can find that track here -  http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7xclm3poam80a7/tn_th-drdoomslab_v0.4k.rar

I don't want to say I've given up on the Downloads page, but it's kind of a PITA to put everything in there so I'm looking for alternative ways to distribute content.  I really want to use BTSync and may do so in the near future.

In the meantime, almost everything I have (I scour the net almost daily, so there's a lot) can be found at the following links...

Cars - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vjfx0s91t96ov/AC_Cars

Tracks - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3mauusx0c9z93/AC_Tracks

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #501 on: August 25, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »

thanks.  I've been using your mediafire page and it's been useful.

question.  some of the cars I downloaded didn't work at all.  The Lancer Evo and one other would not even go off the line.  they would launch into air when pressing throttle... are those ones just 3D models with no driving physics yet?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #502 on: August 25, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »

Toyota license acquired!

Production:
GT-86
Supra MK IV
Celica
AE-86

Racing:
GT-86 GT4
TS040 Hybrid LMP1

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #503 on: August 25, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »

question.  some of the cars I downloaded didn't work at all.  The Lancer Evo and one other would not even go off the line.  they would launch into air when pressing throttle... are those ones just 3D models with no driving physics yet?

The physics files are there, they're just very poorly done. 

What you mention is strange though, as I've driven the Evo and didn't have the problem you describe.  It drove like shit, but it was driveable.  Weird.

Side note:  Kunos has not implemented 4WD physics yet.  Therefore any car out there that should be 4WD, isn't. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »

Game is on sale again for $20!

Best $20 you'll ever spend!

Seriously, what are you waiting for?

Go buy it!

Thanks for the heads-up on this, but I will have to wait for the next sale (it's full price again). I also don't have a PC near my racing station, so I don't know how soon I would be able to make use of it. I've got a spare motherboard, but it is pretty basic.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #505 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »

After I shut down last night I hopped on the forum only to find out DrDoom released his newest version.  Had to fire the game back up to try it out.

I didn't think the Cobra would be a great car here but decided to try it anyway.  Turned out to be my favorite car I've tried here so far.

If you have a spare 15 minutes, here's my first run with this combo.  Make sure to turn on the HD.

Cobra @ Transfagarasan

Seriously, this combo alone is worth $20.  Had a smile on my face the entire run. :)

tried this in the x-bow, and it was amazing.  This is one of those best road................................ in the world, loca tions from Top Gear.  The one from Romania as  Irecall.  I wonder if anyone will do the one they featured in one of the middle-eastern countries.  Looked similar to this but with no trees.

anyway, I agree with Wiz's statement above that this is worth the money of the game, just this one drive.  It's a LOT longer than you think.!

He needs to work on the boundaries a bit, or have it reset you (does AC do that ?)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #506 on: August 27, 2014, 05:13:29 AM »

New Kunos car to play with in this Friday's update.

Assetto Corsa - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #507 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:05 AM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #508 on: August 27, 2014, 05:37:46 AM »

tried this in the x-bow, and it was amazing.  This is one of those best road................................ in the world, loca tions from Top Gear.  The one from Romania as  Irecall.  I wonder if anyone will do the one they featured in one of the middle-eastern countries.  Looked similar to this but with no trees.

anyway, I agree with Wiz's statement above that this is worth the money of the game, just this one drive.  It's a LOT longer than you think.!

He needs to work on the boundaries a bit, or have it reset you (does AC do that ?)

Yup, this is the Romanian road.  This is only a small portion of it too.  There's another guy working on the other half.  Unfortunately Kunos only supports maps that are 16km x 16km (or 8km in any direction from center point) so I doubt we'll ever see the whole thing in one mod.

I could be wrong, but I think the other road you're thinking of is Stelvio Pass, which is located in northern Italy.

As for resetting after falling out of the map, that's a Kunos thing.   And it's something they need to fix in my opinion, or at least have it as an option that can be turned on & off.   The way it is now, if you fall out of a track and/or flip your car upside down, it resets you to the pits.   I'd like it to be like other sims, where if you fall out it puts you back on track somewhat close to where you fell off.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #509 on: August 27, 2014, 07:16:12 AM »

Here is a little video I made....  enjoy

Reliant Robin tackles Transfagarasan Pt1 Assetto Corsa

why the hell am I still having trouble embedding... wierd.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:22:00 AM by TunaWiz »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 65   Go Up