• May 08, 2024, 03:50:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98456 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #615 on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »

I spent a few hours on this last night and I have to say, I am absolutely amazed.

The game really feels like a solid product now.

I could not figure out which options settings were controlled by which .ini file, so I copied the entire AC/System folder as a backup.  However, I don't think I'll be using it, because when I went in to play, I took the time to truly experiment with every setting the game has to offer and found what I think is a better set of options for me and my wheel than what I had before.

There's no more simple way to say -- that this game really feels exactly like the real thing (aside from obvious shortcomings of virtual vs reality)

Questions...

What is the actual release date for those not getting in on early access, and what is FMOD?

I noticed that the 5.1 surround is noticably better than it ever has been.  I really wish it had adjustments for each speaker's volume, though.  Maybe one of my other apps will give me that ability.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #616 on: October 21, 2014, 12:30:19 PM »

I could not figure out which options settings were controlled by which .ini file, so I copied the entire AC/System folder as a backup.  However, I don't think I'll be using it, because when I went in to play, I took the time to truly experiment with every setting the game has to offer and found what I think is a better set of options for me and my wheel than what I had before.

While that is obviously great news, I'd be willing to bet you could do even better by messing with some of those ini files.   Graphics can be improved quite a bit my messing with ini files as well.

What is the actual release date for those not getting in on early access, and what is FMOD?

No one knows release date.  If I had to guess I'd say mid to late November.  They were shooting for end of October, but I think the RC has more bugs than they anticipated.

FMOD is the new audio engine they implemented for 1.0   Gives the devs (and modders) better tools & effects for audio production.

I noticed that the 5.1 surround is noticably better than it ever has been.  I really wish it had adjustments for each speaker's volume, though.  Maybe one of my other apps will give me that ability.

There were some bugs with 5.1 surround after FMOD implementation that I believe they're still ironing out.  I'm sure you know this but for those that don't you can adjust some volume levels in the (in game) audio options for better balance.  IIRC you can adjust engine, tire, wind, brakes, road noise all independently.

Happy to hear you're enjoying the game more now.

PS...  I have an Evo I'm working on.  :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #617 on: October 22, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »

PS...  I have an Evo I'm working on.  :)

Sweet...

What is the latest on 4wd in this game?

With physics this good, I'm really hoping there will be good dirt tracks and 4wd eventually.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #618 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:42 AM »

What is the latest on 4wd in this game?

With physics this good, I'm really hoping there will be good dirt tracks and 4wd eventually.

As far I as I know they're waiting on releasing 4wd physics until their Nissan GT-R is ready.

There's a couple of dirt tracks (and a snow track) here - http://actraxx.blogspot.ie/

The snow track is Karlstad Arena
Dirt tracks are Gravel Rally Poland and I think the El Cubilete was dirt as well.
The best track on that page though is the Peyregrosse-Mandagout one.  It's tarmac, but it's great.
All tracks on that page are in beta.  They need a lot of work until they're ready for primetime but there is some fun to be had with them in the meantime.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #619 on: October 22, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »

cool.  thanks for posting!

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #620 on: October 22, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »

Has anyone tried the Career Mode yet.

I completed N1 with 3 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze, but when I try N2 all I get is another Arbarth time trial or a Megane time trial, and getting over 2500 points doesn't show as achieving anything.

Any ideas.

Another question, how do I find "Library" in Steam, its referenced in different places, but I cant find the Tab.

UPDATE:

Got it all sorted.

Did a "Steam cache integrity check" and it is working fine. Also got the Library issue found.

All is good in AC land lol.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:06:02 PM by PeyePete »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #621 on: October 24, 2014, 10:57:26 PM »

Since starting developing, I've been surprised by how much middleware there is out there.  In my naivety I figured that the smaller guys licensed their engines from the bigger guys and that the bigger guys wrote their own engines from scratch.  That's not really the case, even the bigger guys are incorporating middleware into their engines.  Unity licenses fmod and other middleware such as enlighten.  AC also licenses Yebis 2 which is used by Substance Designer.  Substance designer is used by Turn 10, Naughty Dog, Blizzard and a bunch of other companies.  I remember naughty dog talking about how cool it was that Drake got his clothes wet when he entered water; that tech was probably from Substance Designer.  I bet turn 10s damage texturing is from Substance designer as well.  Middleware is all over the place.

I bought the Substance Indie pack.  It is really cool and makes texturing a breeze.  Wiz, if you need any help texturing that Evo, let me know.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #622 on: November 05, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »

Head Dev at Kunos...  not bad!

Deadface (Andy James cover)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #623 on: November 08, 2014, 10:35:37 AM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #624 on: November 09, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #625 on: November 09, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »

Found a fun 2015 Mustang too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdI9f3AO5OU#

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #626 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:30 AM »

MID FRICKING OHIO gawd I want to drive that place so bad. Mid Ohio and G&J Kartway. I could run those for days without being bored.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #627 on: November 10, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »

Not a big NASCAR fan but thought these old school ones were cool...

nascar

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #628 on: November 10, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »

You still doing stuff on Friday nigths, Wiz?

I want to do some online stuff now that I actually sorta know how to drive in this game! :)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »

You still doing stuff on Friday nigths, Wiz?

I want to do some online stuff now that I actually sorta know how to drive in this game! :)

Yup.

Got more news coming soon too.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65   Go Up