SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 04:00:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98437 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #630 on: November 28, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »

I have ran some online and some offline and can say I am impressed and challenged. Running mainly in an e30 M3 and what is basically a lower teired open wheeled race car. Most of my time has been spent at Mid Ohio with some time spent at some other locales most notable of them being Circuit of the Americas. You have to drive properly and well to be successful from what I have seen. But overall I am liking it quite well so far.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #631 on: December 01, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »

I have ran some online and some offline and can say I am impressed and challenged. Running mainly in an e30 M3 and what is basically a lower teired open wheeled race car. Most of my time has been spent at Mid Ohio with some time spent at some other locales most notable of them being Circuit of the Americas. You have to drive properly and well to be successful from what I have seen. But overall I am liking it quite well so far.

cool!  Does that mean you put the game on an older machine or have you built your new one yet?

I have shared the track with Wiz, Rek  and Brindle a couple times now, and that was great fun.  HOpe to see you there!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #632 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

Game is now Gold.  Full 1.0 release was today.

On sale right now too for $35

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #633 on: December 23, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »

Now it's 50% off.   $25 for this game is an absolute steal.  Go get it!!!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #634 on: December 23, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »

Now it's 50% off.   $25 for this game is an absolute steal.  Go get it!!!

It's a short sale and only has about 40 hours to go.  

I'm looking at you, certain forum member that said he was probably going to buy it when it went on sale again.  ;)

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #635 on: December 23, 2014, 06:44:34 PM »

Now it's 50% off.   $25 for this game is an absolute steal.  Go get it!!!

It's a short sale and only has about 40 hours to go.  

I'm looking at you, certain forum member that said he was probably going to buy it when it went on sale again.  ;)

The game is friggin awesome, worth the money just to try it out.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #636 on: December 24, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »

This 787B mod is practically worth $25 all by itself.  Amazing mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcE6syh69FM#

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #637 on: January 09, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #638 on: January 09, 2015, 05:51:04 PM »

LOL a track full of Clarksons.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #639 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #640 on: February 18, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »

Anyone with a decent PC should be able to run this game It works with all wheels and is a fucking blast. I know GT6 is getting stale for a few of you and has been for me for a couple years now. For the guys running anything other than the T500RS you really should look into AC Its a very stable running game and its only been improving. The dream pack that's around the corner even has a laser scanned Green Hell not to mention a shitload of exciting cars. And the game is already full of sweet rides. In the past I seen mention about having to always upgrade your PC but I really haven't seen the necessity to have to do that. Sure a power supply will go bad. and maybe other shit but I have bricked (2) PS 3's so what the hell?

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #641 on: February 18, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »

Anyone with a decent PC should be able to run this game It works with all wheels and is a fucking blast. I know GT6 is getting stale for a few of you and has been for me for a couple years now. For the guys running anything other than the T500RS you really should look into AC Its a very stable running game and its only been improving. The dream pack that's around the corner even has a laser scanned Green Hell not to mention a shitload of exciting cars. And the game is already full of sweet rides. In the past I seen mention about having to always upgrade your PC but I really haven't seen the necessity to have to do that. Sure a power supply will go bad. and maybe other shit but I have bricked (2) PS 3's so what the hell?

Hi Rek, not sure what you meant by that.

I have the game and agree with you, it is a blast, and also have the T500RS... just wondering.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #642 on: February 19, 2015, 06:59:05 AM »

Hi Pete. I wasn't clear I reckon. As of right now the only PS4 wheel support is going to be with the T500RS. AC will work with any of them.  So all the Logitec and fanatic users are screwed for now. And plus I'm being a bit selfish. I miss all my old friends and wont get to race with any of them unless we can get some folks to migrate. While I'm at it those of us running AC hit me up on steam if we aint already friends. We would love to see you out there Pete. Ex and Doc, Send me a friend request. And of course Pete.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:02:09 AM by Rek »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #643 on: February 19, 2015, 08:23:09 AM »

I keep forgetting to send you an inite when we are racing!  I will Rektify that soon ;)
(not kaz soon)

Correction:  The T300RS is the only one so far with PS4 support.  The T500 does not, so perhaps if you have a T500 and you want to play something other than PS3, you might consider AC and or pCARS on the PC...

On PC Specs:  This game can be turned down in graphics quality (I have turned down some) and still be fun in some ways look better than GT and other older PC sims.  When its graphics are maxed, I believe it looks better (as in more real) than pCARS, though it isn't finished.  pCars of course has night time and weather, so it's up to a bigger task in that category...

AC seems to do graphics very well, but limited themselves to only doing daytime so that multiple lighting sources would not be necessary, cut back on graphics engine overhead, adn allow for insane amount of physics calculations to be done in the background.

AC is a professional driving sim turned into a game, whereas some others are games attempting to be a driving sim.

Without playing pCARS yet, I can say that the driving experience in terms of realism and pure emersion in Assetto Corsa is going to be very hard for any other game to match in the next couple years at least.

For those of you who are drivers, first and foremost, this is where you want to be ;) (at least some of the time)

Brindle

« Reply #644 on: February 19, 2015, 10:29:11 AM »

And it get's better the longer I/we work at it.  Tuned the FFB last night and OMG!  The feel is incredible!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 65   Go Up