• May 08, 2024, 07:16:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98440 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #705 on: March 11, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »

anyone who has used Real Head Motion App having trouble with it?

I've been making myself sick dizzy trying to figure it out.

It's almost as if AC is now doing by default, some of the settings that RHM/FreePie made possible, even when I have it turned off.  If I have it turned on, it does the same movements, but more like ^2

RHM isn't just good for having your turning motion turn your head slightly, but I find the best benefit of it is to do a better job of simulating how your eyes really adjust to motion.  It makes your game eyes absorb bumps so that your real eyes don't have to do as much.

I have it off now, and tell me if I'm on crack... but I feel like maybe this game is doing some more of that on its own now with this update?  Could that code and the  RHM plug-in be conflicting with one another?

I may find the right thread and let the author know...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #706 on: March 12, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »

RHM has been fixed within a couple hours of this update :D  Wow, some people are really awesome

Haven't tried it yet, but hopes are high.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-0-8-1.4755/

Brindle

« Reply #707 on: March 12, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »

Lots of things to update in order to run them.  I fixed a few mod cars I like most, but will likely wait on the others.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #708 on: March 12, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »

Some dude over at RaceDepartment put out a fix for a lot of mod cars.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/patches-v1-1-for-modded-cars.5525/

Brindle

« Reply #709 on: March 12, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »

That's only for GUID's.  Still need to edit aero.ini

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #710 on: March 12, 2015, 12:03:56 PM »

do you think most car modders will keep their cars current or should we go about doing these fixes ourselves (for reasons other than wanting the fixes sooner)?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #711 on: March 12, 2015, 12:17:03 PM »

No shit?  Well that blows.  I hadn't tried it yet and assumed he fixed both.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »

...and... what does that do for the checksums that verify the cars are identical to one another, in online for instance?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #713 on: March 12, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »

I finally got a couple full laps, and lots and lots of restarted laps in last night, and boy was it a blast.

I say "blast" but really this version of the Green Hell is far more demanding than any other I've been on.

I think a lot of us love this track because it is relatively easy to drive in GT.  But actually with a more precise physics engine and scanning, it is absolutely hellish!

It's really a good kind of pain... cue "Hurt so good" by who was it... Mellencamp?

But actually, I was surprised by just how much the track wasn't different (yes, I'm doing one of those reversal thingies that every Top Gear car review segment does.. ."this car is great!  but wait, it's actually rubbish!") compared to GT's version.

Even though I think we now know that PDI has not been laser-scanning everything, though some comments have been found that ellude to them using some of this tech, it is amazing that PD was able to get as close as they did without doing a full laser-scan with hi-res detail.

(Kunos' claim is that a 2cm sized bump in the pavement is modelled in the virtual track - that's fucking amazing)
"No, it isn't.  I want to feel the ants squish beneath my tires!  That's not sim enough!"  <-- I've been thinking of starting a YouTube video series called "Are you sim enough?"... that line is from the main character, who hates all things not completely sim, wears a helmet when he races, and puts deodorant on his toes so that his slippers don't make his feet sweaty. :D

Long story short... you've got to try out this version of the Green Hell.  It is absolutely wonderful and terrible simultaneously.  Where can you find such S&M for $10?  Last I checked, and it's been a while, the going rate for a dominatrix is much, much higher!  LOL

Brindle

« Reply #714 on: March 12, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »

I thought PD did a great job on there's.  I can only note 3 spots that seem slightly different.  However...  The bumps, undulations and banking are non existent in GT.

I didn't try a mod car with just the sound fixed.  AC crashed after loading the car and upon checking .log, it gave an error for the aero.ini, but the crash was actually caused by an FMOD error.  I believe it will still crash if .ini is not changed though.

Brindle

« Reply #715 on: March 12, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »

Yup, it crashes with only a sound fix and no aero fix.  So both sound and aero.ini need to be fixed together.  The sounds are a bit involved for me, so I've been using placeholders.  The aero is easy for the mods without a data.acd.

Sound placeholder:
Pick a car you like the sounds of.  Go to your contents\sfx folder and open the GUIDs.txt file.  Copy every "event" that has the name of the car you chose for sound.  Copy every "bus:" and vca:".  Also make sure you copy "bank:common" and "bank:car_name".  Paste all of this in a notepad file, save as GUIDs.txt and copy to your car_folder\sfx..  Now go to the placeholder car_folder\sfx and copy the car_name.bank to your car_folder\sfx.

Aero.ini:
Go to the car_folder\data and open the aero.ini file.  Change the top line to version=2 and delete all of the data section, header included.  It's the lines that say "data is obsolete, but needed to stop acs from crashing".

Happy driving.  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #716 on: March 12, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

all over it

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #717 on: March 12, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »

I thought PD did a great job on there's.  I can only note 3 spots that seem slightly different.  However...  The bumps, undulations and banking are non existent in GT.

I remember when I first started racing on Laguna Seca on iRacing.  I kept thinking that bump isn't on GTs version nor that banking etc.  I then went back to the GT version and all of it was there.  The car just didn't react the way it did in iRacing and that was the bigger stuff that you could see.  I think that is one of the great things about GSCE.  Even though their tracks aren't laser scanned, they add a lot of little details so the tracks really feel great.  I don't know how accurate they are.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #718 on: March 12, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »

I opened it up and it's all aero.ini files.  :-\

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna