SupaTunaGT

• May 07, 2024, 10:56:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98431 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #750 on: April 11, 2015, 07:02:13 AM »

Looks like there's an update to RHM.  He is now using angular velocity as a reference instead of the wheel angle.  You can also choose between the 2.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-0-9-0.4755/

I finally got some time on AC last night, after probably 2-weeks.

The new RHM is awesome, and once you tweak the settings to your liking, I'll bet it's some of the best driving experience you can have.  I'll say it again, the most beneficial aspect of this tool is not the ability to look towards your apex as you turn, but to make your brain feel like it's in a real car, with more realistic motions.  Yes, turning your head toward an apex is part of that, but too severe of a setting on anything can make your head spin.

Anyone with a single-screen setup may like to try these options for themself.  (I would imagine that triples would work too, but you may want to change a few of these settings in that case)

The approach I used was to keep everything somewhat mild.  Else you get sick.

Here are my settings:

Note: LookDown button is mapped to brake pedal.

Last night with the Alpha 4C on the Nordeschliefe, I had probably the most realistic driving experience I've ever had (not in a car).  Your settings may vary :D

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #751 on: April 11, 2015, 07:08:54 AM »

Someone is going to need to tell me where to get this head motion thing the last time I tried it was months ago and could bot get it to work right. Would appreciate the added realism plus the better sight lines for a single screen.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #752 on: April 11, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »

Someone is going to need to tell me where to get this head motion thing the last time I tried it was months ago and could bot get it to work right. Would appreciate the added realism plus the better sight lines for a single screen.

I'll try to help best I can...

The forum post is in the post above: "the inner hear feels bumps and head motion"  I think this guy is actually a tuna :P

Here is the actual website

Scroll down to the *Download* part of hte page, and grab both the Real Head Motion, and FreePie files listed there.

Free Pie gets installed to whichever folder it wants to, really.
Drag the files in the Real Head Motion Zip file to a directory such as "C:\Games\RHM_AC" or a name of your choice.  It cannot be placed in Program Files, however.  If you don't have a games folder, just make one and a RHM subfolder and place it there.

Then, right click on the RealHeadMotionAssettoCorsa.exe and choose "send to - desktop create shortcut"

In the first dialog box, choose the location you installed your FreePie to.
In the second box, tell it where to find the realheadmotion.py file, which will be the games/rhm folder.

(refer to screenshots on this page or the official one)

Feel free to use my settings as a starting point.

Open before AC each time you use it.  Leave it open.

Post any quesiotns here or hopefully you'll see one of us on the track who can help you out in real time.

Best of luck!

(a couple notes)
RHM can be changed and tweaked while playing AC.  Use Alt+Tab to switch to another program that is open (pausing first usually helps :) ), and change a setting.  click back on your running AC window (named ACS.exe I think), and resume driving to see how your changes feel.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:22:37 PM by EX_stream_tuna »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #753 on: April 12, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #754 on: April 13, 2015, 08:38:36 AM »

Hey Baked, maybe we could commandeer one of them fart smellers one evening and get the new RHM version installed.  It really is an awesome app to go along with AC.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #755 on: April 13, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »

Lol

Brindle

« Reply #756 on: April 13, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »

I was looking at that mod the other day, but didn't download it.  Guess I may have too.   :D

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #757 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »

Was that Richard Hammond? 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #758 on: April 13, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »

Was that Richard Hammond? 
:D good reference

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #759 on: April 17, 2015, 11:55:44 PM »

I spent some time today trying to get my rift up and running again.  The Nordschleife is awesome with the rift.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #760 on: April 21, 2015, 07:26:03 AM »

I bet it is.  Definitely jealous.

With the RHM mod, it is pretty close to real too.  But tell me, how much do you find yourself bobbing your head as a response to what the rift shows you?  Is the camera totally locked to your skull, or is there some more movement effect given by the game for racing sensation?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #761 on: April 24, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »

The sense of presence you get with the rift just can't be matched with monitors.  The camera is fixed to your skull just like your eyes are fixed to your skull.  With a poor triple screen setup, you mostly use the center monitor and just check the side monitors to  see if other cars are there.  With a really good triple screen setup, you mostly look at the center monitor and sometimes sort of look in the side monitors to look into a corner.  With the rift you just naturally turn your head like you would in real life.  You turn your head to look in the mirror, to look through corners, to shoulder check.  It's just a night and day difference.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2015, 08:14:53 AM »

The sense of presence you get with the rift just can't be matched with monitors.  The camera is fixed to your skull just like your eyes are fixed to your skull.  With a poor triple screen setup, you mostly use the center monitor and just check the side monitors to  see if other cars are there.  With a really good triple screen setup, you mostly look at the center monitor and sometimes sort of look in the side monitors to look into a corner.  With the rift you just naturally turn your head like you would in real life.  You turn your head to look in the mirror, to look through corners, to shoulder check.  It's just a night and day difference.
And this is why I am patiently awaiting consumer release. They even have a thing now that you stand in and can walk around while using the rift and the like.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »

Thanks!  Part of what I was wondering, though, is if the game does any simulation of bumps and car motions, considering your head isn't really going through those forces.

Tell me, when you use the OR and go over a bumpy part of track, does the car/or track still move appropriately on the screen?

In essesnce, I'm wondering if there are still things that the RHM mod might do better to real life than the OR, in terms of simulating the whole body motion better.  Sure, head motion is going to be better on the Rift, but that is only part of motion.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »

I also wondered how the peripheral vision is? It would seem to me a triple screen setup would give a more natural sense of not having to look the direction of where I might want to see by just using my peripheral vision. Not sure that I am putting my thoughts to words very well on this subject if I figure out a better way I may ask this same thing later on.  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 65   Go Up