SupaTunaGT

• May 08, 2024, 05:51:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 98440 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #870 on: December 30, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »

It's been a while I reckon. Like 7 or 8 months I think since I have been in a virtual car.

It's been too long man.  :(   Get some fuckin pedals!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #871 on: December 31, 2015, 03:43:01 AM »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #872 on: December 31, 2015, 09:54:40 AM »

I read it, no mention about me getting pedals though :-\

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #873 on: December 31, 2015, 11:11:21 AM »

LOL

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #874 on: December 31, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »

Nice to hear about RHM being "up to spec" once again!

on a related note, I just received my 144hz monitor and have a GTX 970 (EVGA) on its way.  Should be up and running with max settings on just about every game with butter smooth FR in just a couple days :D :D :D :D

we just loaded up PC version of Battlefront (SW) and my son instantly went from being a mediocre player to being one of the top players in a match, just from upping the refresh rate and negating the previous input lag we had with the 32" TV.  I think this will make me a little more precise with my braking points and turning etc. in racing games too.  Doubt it will make me an alien, though :P

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #875 on: December 31, 2015, 03:39:22 PM »

Quit breaking shit around your house and get some damn pedals man!!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #876 on: December 31, 2015, 04:14:51 PM »

I got you covered, you can thank me later.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #877 on: December 31, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »

Maybe something in a wah wah

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #878 on: January 01, 2016, 11:09:33 AM »

I've been wondering when this thing would show up...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #879 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:05 PM »

yeah, I saw a pic of that a little while ago, posted on a previous page, but then it disappeared.  I assumed that SONY or someone got it pulled, but if it was constructed from scratch, it would fall under fair use, I think.

It might be fun to try out :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #880 on: January 03, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »

Still waiting on the new gpu.  Apparently the Newegg people need a few days a year off :)

But in the meantime I am able to notice the improvements on my new monitor.  It is 1080 over my old 768, 144hz, and very low input latency and response time.  It is only 27" compared to the old 32" tv.  The clarity of image is greatly enhanced due to both the resolution and the smaller size.

No more ghosting pixels, and no more noticeable lag.  I was not sure if I truly had lag before, but trying out ac  and seeing the virtual hands move exactly when mine do, shows that I did in fact have some major lag.

I was more able to catch slides and the game just felt a lot more solid.

If anyone out there on any game really, thinks they may have input latency,, I would highly recommend a switch to a gaming monitor vs a tv.  I never really knew how much of a difference it could make until I saw it myself.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #881 on: January 08, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »

You guys want to try something tonight then?  I'd say this is officially "after the holidays" :D

got the new setup configured for 120hz on most tracks.  Except, that pesky set of rally course mods are not optimized well.  I may post something over on their  thread about it... IDK.   IMO, modders should always optimize their tracks (FPS game maps etc.) to perform very closely to the stock maps and tracks.  It is annoying to have to turn down detail just so you can run certain tracks.

pCARS for instance, is notorious for this and doesn't even have their own stock tracks optimized similarly to one another.  Azure Circuit (Monoco) is giving me 80-90fps on average, where Silverstone will give me a butter smooth 120 fps.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #882 on: January 08, 2016, 12:25:39 PM »

You guys want to try something tonight then?  I'd say this is officially "after the holidays" :D

got the new setup configured for 120hz on most tracks.  Except, that pesky set of rally course mods are not optimized well.  I may post something over on their  thread about it... IDK.   IMO, modders should always optimize their tracks (FPS game maps etc.) to perform very closely to the stock maps and tracks.  It is annoying to have to turn down detail just so you can run certain tracks.

pCARS for instance, is notorious for this and doesn't even have their own stock tracks optimized similarly to one another.  Azure Circuit (Monoco) is giving me 80-90fps on average, where Silverstone will give me a butter smooth 120 fps.

You should try it with my card  Azure was one location that was out of the question for me on Pcars. Too many buildings and shadows. Even turned down I could hardly make 30FPS

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #883 on: January 08, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »

It basically falls back to what's a priority. I just spent another $200 stash money last week on ammo  ;)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #884 on: January 08, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »

You should try it with my card  Azure was one location that was out of the question for me on Pcars. Too many buildings and shadows. Even turned down I could hardly make 30FPS

ahh...  see, that is just bad game design.  All they need to do is remove a few yachts, a few signs, fences etc., and it would be good to go.  I don't know why they didn't do this ???

After playing a few other racing games, I can see how the PD-stuff we always hated wasn't quite as bad as it can get :P  We see some framerate problems and small stutters around some tracks in GT6, but nothing that drastically different!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65   Go Up