SupaTunaGT

• May 07, 2024, 09:22:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The guys of the PSN - GolfPro518 Tribute Race  (Read 1487 times)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
Re: The guys of the PSN - GolfPro518 Tribute Race
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »

Unfortunately, the room was not very well posted, nor the event clear.  I DID manage to get into the room and the races were at Trial Mountain and Eiger Nordwand short track  - NOT HSR as was posted at the PSN.

Additionally, you could run any S2000 as long as it had 1250 KG and 246 HP. (Kind of a clone of our Evnet).
It was, however for Gary and it was held to include everyone.  Thank you To SWERVE GRIFFIN for giving us the opportunity to race in Gary's honor.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »

I never did understand if the Death Star event and the 4-letter event were the same or different.  I was going to run at the Death Star, but no longer have a link to the website on my laptop and didn't have the desire to look for it so I visited the 4-letter and found their event.  I was looking for yellow dots so I could find the lounge and my first try showed only 4 guys in whatever lounge it happened to be in.  I went to the 4-letter forum and verified the info and by the time I actually entered the lounge, it had grown slightly.

We did a free run in S2000s at Trial Mountain for almost a half an hour before the first race and at that time, the track was almost full.  I noticed a few guys enter who are currently 4-letter regulars who most likely never raced with GolfPro, but they left in little time, leaving the track filled with familiar names.

For at least a night, it was like GolfPro had aligned the stars and everyone got along nicely.  Moose showed up and almost immediately started talking about earning a t-shirt...something that was taboo to him in the past.  For those that ran with GolfPro back when he was GolfPro, it very much reminded me of the Prologue days.  No qualifying, guys showing up and leaving as they pleased, no drama...in other words-->fun.

I think GolfPro would have been proud.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »

I made in to race with the other guys and the room was full. So after a race i thought i could let someone else in and dropped out. Didn't work so well, because server maintance was going on.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »

I made in to race with the other guys and the room was full. So after a race i thought i could let someone else in and dropped out. Didn't work so well, because server maintance was going on.

It's the thought that counts. :)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »

Agreed...  But it is hard sometimes to fathom the TPRA thought process.    (I just try to remember that they are not the Tuner's Professional Racing Association -  they're the Pits...)

:tsssh2

And I just have to laugh...   :laugh

If you ask me it is a direct reflection on their organization.  They are so "organized" that they can't pull off a decent ad hoc evnet.  Something we Tuna kinda excel in...  Witness all the excellent tribute racing we pulled together in a pinch - in extreme duress and sadness to boot. 

TPRA may not like us, but they could definitely learn from us...   And Gary...

Brindle

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »

Agreed...  But it is hard sometimes to fathom the TPRA thought process.    (I just try to remember that they are not the Tuner's Professional Racing Association -  they're the Pits...)

If you ask me it is a direct reflection on their organization.  They are so "organized" that they can't pull off a decent ad hoc evnet.  Something we Tuna kinda excel in...  Witness all the excellent tribute racing we pulled together in a pinch - in extreme duress and sadness to boot. 

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »

:stoopid:

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »

:stoopid: :stoopid:

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:53 AM »

:agreed
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 06:18:35 AM »

Unfortunately, the room was not very well posted, nor the event clear.  I DID manage to get into the room and the races were at Trial Mountain and Eiger Nordwand short track  - NOT HSR as was posted at the PSN.

Additionally, you could run any S2000 as long as it had 1250 KG and 246 HP. (Kind of a clone of our Evnet).
It was, however for Gary and it was held to include everyone.  Thank you To SWERVE GRIFFIN for giving us the opportunity to race in Gary's honor.

Well that explains a lot.  When we all left the lounge where we were racing GT300s someone said "go to the open lobby and do a search for HSR lounges".  So much for that! ;D

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up