• May 03, 2024, 12:25:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/30/11 Monday Tuna Touring Challenge - HSR Reverse (276hp/1300kg/450PP)  (Read 7435 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

I think a few people were suffering from excessive lag last night and that may have been the cause of a couple of wrecks but overall I think it was a good night.  I think M3 might be right about 2 rooms, seemed like the room did get full on a number of occasions.

I raced I think 5 races total, each with a different car, and had a blast for the most part.  Some very close / tight racing with the RIP folks when I could keep up with them that is :).  Last race was a lot of fun and surprising too as I made some last ditch untested tweaks to my '02 Silvia Spec R (S15) and I got lucky, didn't win the race and the car itself probably wasn't the fastest but the handling was spot on and I had a great battle up at the front for the whole race.

I'll try and grab some photos from the replays I saved and put them up later.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy

Forgot this was gonna fall on a holiday, so I missed it. Sounds like it was a hit. I'll try to make the next one.

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless

I too missed this event, got home late from the kids soccer practice...

i picked up an inline 6 BMW (M3 CSL) last night that I will begin testing for next Mondays' race night.
found I had the supra RZ in the garage as well, choices choices...

Mike please confim that the beemer is legal with tuning...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:56:10 AM by War_Hound »

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna

I joined in late last night (around 1030pm EST) and participated in (what I think were) the last 3 races of the evening.  Had a blast!  The last two races were run in the normal direction though, not reverse.  Yet I was surprised how similar the lap times were.

Running close with all those cars was a lot of fun.  I was a little bothered by some mid engined vehicles taking part in the races though.  I'm aware there's no way to exclude MR cars but were some of the people unaware of this?  I think I saw a Lexus IS-F Touring race car on my butt a few times as well... :-\

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

Hey strat, sorry the connection was working for ya tonight.  Maybe we can try 2 rooms of 12 next time.  The format is awesome and I would like to see it continue.

Hey M3,

Good racing with you last night. And thanks to everyone that showed up. Hopefully we'll have many many more great races like this in the future. I have a couple of apologies I need to get out there. First, to everyone that showed up, I want to apologize for being unorganized. We had more folks show up than expected. And in the heat of the moment, we went with a plan B that kind of worked out ... but kind of didn't. I know a lot of folks were getting disconnected (myself included). Sorry about that. I agree with M3 above. Trying to run 16 cars is a risky proposition, as we all saw. Next time, we'll do some testing to know exactly how many cars we can legitimately handle.

I also owe a public apology to RIP_Joker. Sorry man. I swear I didn't see you on the track at all. I can only imagine what that was like on your end. Kind of funny ... but ... also sucked. So sorry about that.

Till next week,

Michael

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

i picked up an inline 6 BMW (M3 CSL) last night that I will begin testing for next Mondays' race night.

M3 CSL should be legal.  I used the M3 '04 and thought it was faster.  However, not sure about road course.  We only saw Ronin last night, no other Tunas.  Where were all the Tunas at?  

Great racing last night eveyone, awesome clean fun.  A thousand thank you's!

- "M Powwaahhh!"

PS: Don't worry about Joker, he didn't know you couldn't see him.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

If it's a 6-cylinder, it's legal. Question is ... how do I know if it's a six or an eight? I forgot that the standard M3 is an eight cylinder.

MS

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna

Thanks M3.

I think I have that M3, '04 as well...

I'll be there on Monday for the next race. i didn't want to crash the party by showing up late so i ran some seasonal races and picked up my sauber finally.

I'll be practicing this week as the wife permits.

Hey send me a fr request as well.

M3 CSL should be legal.  I used the M3 '04 and thought it was faster.  However, not sure about road course.  We only saw Ronin last night, no other Tunas.  Where were all the Tunas at?  

Great racing last night eveyone, awesome clean fun.  A thousand thank you's!

- "M Powwaahhh!"

PS: Don't worry about Joker, he didn't know you couldn't see him.

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna

I'll search BMW online to see which cars have 6 cyl powerplants in them.

If it's a 6-cylinder, it's legal. Question is ... how do I know if it's a six or an eight? I forgot that the standard M3 is an eight cylinder.

MS

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car

MS

I can confirm  :D

M3 '04 3.2L I6
M3 CSL '03 juiced up 3.2L I6
M3 GTR '03 4.xL V-8
Premium M3 V8

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna

MS

M3 '04 3.2L I6
M3 GTR '03 4.xL V-8
Premium M3 V8

Thanks M3, it's nice to have the resident expert racing in the series...  8)

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

M3 '04 3.2L I6
M3 GTR '03 4.xL V-8
Premium M3 V8

Awesome!!! That's why I love this site. You guys know your stuff.

MS

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

Running close with all those cars was a lot of fun.  I was a little bothered by some mid engined vehicles taking part in the races though.  I'm aware there's no way to exclude MR cars but were some of the people unaware of this?  I think I saw a Lexus IS-F Touring race car on my butt a few times as well... :-\

I think there might have been a bit of confusion about the cars allowed, I saw was an NSX in a couple of the early races that was fast but there was a Renault Clio V6 that was competitive but not overpowered even though it's an MR.

I agree with M3 above. Trying to run 16 cars is a risky proposition, as we all saw. Next time, we'll do some testing to know exactly how many cars we can legitimately handle.

I think the lag last night might have been just unlucky more than anything, the last race I ran in (was driving the black Silvia with blue wheels) had 15 people cars running in it and didn't seem too laggy to me.  Was a very close race too with a couple of groups of 3-5 cars all jostling for positions for most of the race.

Maybe we can get some practice runs during the week on an off night or something to test out stability.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna

I think the lag last night might have been just unlucky more than anything, the last race I ran in (was driving the black Silvia with blue wheels) had 15 people cars running in it and didn't seem too laggy to me.  Was a very close race too with a couple of groups of 3-5 cars all jostling for positions for most of the race.

Maybe we can get some practice runs during the week on an off night or something to test out stability.

I don't think so. If you think about what a peer-to-peer networked game like that has to do ... the more players, the more packets that have to be sent simultaneously and received simultaneously. Your experience and mine out there were quite different. I would only see 6 cars on the track ... when there were 16. I saw cars mysteriously parked in the middle of the raceway, facing backwards that would then just disappear. I saw several drivers get disconnected. I saw cars floating in the air. And then, once I got disconnected myself, I was never able to reconnect. LOL. So on a scale of 1 to 10, I give 16 drivers with audio a 1.

Here's where I have to give credit to those guys at the TPRA. They do a lot of testing so that when they have a race, they don't have these issues. They have known hosts that, through experimentation, know how many concurrent drivers they can handle. They don't use the in-game audio communications. They instead have everyone connect via TeamSpeak, thus allowing the maximum number of drivers without incident. Just food for thought.

Swerve's a member here now. Maybe he can speak about their process in more detail.    :)

MS

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:28:10 AM by TunaPitReject »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

By unlucky I meant it might have been local or regional network problems that were causing some people to lag or get disconnected rather than a general "too many people in the room" type lag that affected everyone.  I saw a few cars skittering around with a bit of lag from time to time, even got put into the wall on the first turn by one guy who probably thought he'd passed me (but the replay shows he was lagging the whole race), but most seemed to be running smoothly that I saw.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up