SupaTunaGT

• May 13, 2024, 03:04:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh please god no...  (Read 6140 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Oh please god no...
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »

I gotta admit that I think it really sucks when they charge us for content that resides on the disc we've already paid for...  (i.e. Moteggi and I imagine Pikes Peak...)

>:(

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 05:07:28 PM »

Give us the Subaru BRZ

I just saw one on the showroom floor the other day. Pretty shweet.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »

I cannot understand why someone would get angry about possibly getting a new car in the game. Particularly one as impressive of a drivers car as the M1.

I cannot understand why anyone wants more of the same cars with different liveries what is the point in a game whose focus is driving. I don't care how easy it is for PD to knock these out if it is more than two minutes it is time wasted on their part. We have plenty of repeats already.

As for how long it takes for us to get something new to drive well I guess I will just need to see if somehow I can pacify myself with over one thousand vehicles already there for my amusement.

I started all of this with the thought looking at the positive side we might be getting a Group 4 M1.  Then my curiosity carried me, go back reread I had a feeling this wouldn't go well but I was trying understand the different lines of logic.  But I didn't ever think I was aggressive or angry.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:46:02 PM by BakedTuna »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »

Ronin I don't care whether we get other versions of the M1. Don't know where that hangup came from.

And I never mentioned anything about who drove the car. I said it was a driver's car.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »

Seriously, PD hasn't done much for the game lately (o.k, except for the 4 Motegi tracks and the FR-S). 

I really wouldn't call what you mentioned here 'much'. A track from GT4 and a rebadged car.

Attention everyone...Party in Tallstar's lounge when they Give us the Subaru BRZ and charge us $3.00 for two configurations of Infineon.

MOST DEFINITELY!  Iz jest luvz infineon! (yeah, it and seven others are on the disc).  Nice, PD, REAL Nice!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »

Which yall blew completely out of context with this Nascar is a joke and not an appropriate example of my point shit. In fact the Nascar ones are the perfect example, they are no different than the Japanese Grand touring cars in the element they share with nothing more than general shape with their street counterparts. But yet, with the exception of the Diablo each and every JGTC car has it's street variant in the game be it good or bad. NSX, GT-R, SC-430, Supra, Garaiya, RX-7, MR-S, 3#0-Z, Impreza, Altezza/IS...they are all there.

The nascar example is very much different then the Japanese grand touring cars.  nascar cars are completely different than their street counterparts.  They don't have a single frame/body component in common.  The nascar cars may be shaped to resemble the street car but they are not exact and not the same part.  They have to be modelled completely from scratch.  The japanese touring cars do share some of the same body parts often just modified with extra aero parts.  PD can then use the exact same model and modify it by adding aero parts or changing panels.  This cuts the work down considerably.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »

I gotta admit that I think it really sucks when they charge us for content that resides on the disc we've already paid for...  (i.e. Moteggi and I imagine Pikes Peak...)

>:(

Why do people think that the content is on the disc?  The last update was big enough to contain a track and too big for what they said it included.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are extra tracks on the disc that were removed from the game at the last minute.  I think that pd was planning on releasing some "standard" tracks but probably removed them from the game after getting so much flack over the standard cars.  The motegi version we got is probably an updated version.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »

PD can then use the exact same model and modify it by adding aero parts or changing panels.  This cuts the work down considerably.

Then why do we keep getting more non-race cars?     :-\  

Often which are Skylines or else revamped "twins" from other manufacturers.   I have an idea for some "twins"...   '64 Chevelle (very similar to it's Pontiac in-game counterpart) or a '67-69 Firebird (looks like Camaro with basically different grill and lights).  Small block vs. BIG block I know, but PD has proven the ability to pull that off with the '69 Camaros and Vettes.

I'd personally just like more "movie" cars.  Crown Victoria, Aston DB5, Gran Torino, Hummer, BMW 735i, Audi A8, etc...

And maybe it's because I collect Barbies - but I know I'd like a livery editor so I could play "dress up" with what we got already.   Being able to show individuality is important to me...

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:40:52 AM by CharlieTuna »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

PD can then use the exact same model and modify it by adding aero parts or changing panels.  This cuts the work down considerably.

Then why do we keep getting more non-race cars?     :-\  

Often which are Skylines or else revamped "twins" from other manufacturers.   I have an idea for some "twins"...   '64 Chevelle (very similar to it's Pontiac in-game counterpart) or a '67-69 Firebird (looks like Camaro with basically different grill and lights).  Small block vs. BIG block I know, but PD has proven the ability to pull that off with the '69 Camaros and Vettes.

I'd personally just like more "movie" cars.  Crown Victoria, Aston DB5, Gran Torino, Hummer, BMW 735i, Audi A8, etc...

And maybe it's because I collect Barbies - but I know I'd like a livery editor so I could play "dress up" with what we got already.   Being able to show individuality is important to me...

Sorry, I don't understand the question.  Doing several similar models is another way to cut down on the work.  Doing a new version of a car already in the game will often only involve minor changes to some of the panels.  Not saying these changes are always or even usually trivially.  They just take a lot less work then modelling a car from scratch.  The TC cars are particularly bad because the aero addons don't even have to be accurate to a real life car.

All the duplicate cars and TC cars really have me concerned with how PD is doing their modelling.  They really need to figure out how to model much quicker or they are going to be left in the dust.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »

Oddly enough I would not mind as I think Feldynn has outlined a livery editor. But the thought of being fed more of the same car with different paint to keep me amused is not cool.

If we are to believe their(PD) intention is first and foremost the driving give us updates with priority set that way. Give us the drivers cars down through the ages from all price points and from all over the world. And tracks that reflect their real driving simulator motto that they have touted for all these years. Then focus on ancillaries.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:21:53 PM by BakedTuna »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »

Which yall blew completely out of context with this Nascar is a joke and not an appropriate example of my point shit. In fact the Nascar ones are the perfect example, they are no different than the Japanese Grand touring cars in the element they share with nothing more than general shape with their street counterparts. But yet, with the exception of the Diablo each and every JGTC car has it's street variant in the game be it good or bad. NSX, GT-R, SC-430, Supra, Garaiya, RX-7, MR-S, 3#0-Z, Impreza, Altezza/IS...they are all there.

The nascar example is very much different then the Japanese grand touring cars.  nascar cars are completely different than their street counterparts.  They don't have a single frame/body component in common.  The nascar cars may be shaped to resemble the street car but they are not exact and not the same part.  They have to be modelled completely from scratch.  The japanese touring cars do share some of the same body parts often just modified with extra aero parts.  PD can then use the exact same model and modify it by adding aero parts or changing panels.  This cuts the work down considerably.

With your response to charlie I can see that you got my point, so I have to ask. Does that argument hold up for the European rally cars, DTM cars and other non Japanese touring cars that also lack their production counterparts where the Japanese ones do have them?

Oddly enough I would not mind as I think Feldynn has outlined a livery editor. But the thought of being fed more of the same car with different paint to keep me amused is not cool.

If we are to believe their(PD) intention is first and foremost the driving give us updates with priority set that way. Give us the drivers cars down through the ages from all price points and from all over the world. And tracks that reflect their real driving simulator motto that they have toted for all these years. Then focus on ancillaries.

Some of us like some coffee with our cream. PD is putting too much priority on the cream and neglecting the coffee.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Mouse

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »

Some of us like some coffee with our cream. PD is putting too much priority on the cream and neglecting the coffee.

Uhmmmmm, Ronin. I live in the same house as you, brother. The only time you touch the cream is to move it if it's in your way. :-\
PSN ID: Mouse_716

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »

Uhmmmmm, Ronin. I live in the same house as you, brother. The only time you touch the cream is to move it if it's in your way. :-\

Well...I guess that might explain why I want the racing simulation element of the game to be cleaned up regardless of how they do it.

Kaz is a race driver, he made this game with the intent to share with the world what he enjoys, Driving and racing at the highest levels. That said, if this was purely a driving simulator we'd be doing 35mph around city streets and not pushing these cars to their limits on the tracks with other people. As a racing simulator it is reaching a point where it's just not making it. How often does any one here sit down and watch a televised race and actually see two or more drivers driving identical race cars?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »

I agree with your last thought but I am not going to be happy with a BMW V12 LMR in 4 liveries I see through the paint its the same car. This is not good enough. Instead give me one M1 any model or one e30 M3. Quality and substance over quantity and flash.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »

I agree with your last thought but I am not going to be happy with a BMW V12 LMR in 4 liveries I see through the paint its the same car. This is not good enough. Instead give me one M1 any model or one e30 M3. Quality and substance over quantity and flash.

Ok.

Where I have been going is that those cars that are not already in the game are months away. The M1 that started this discussion is literally still in the consideration stages, Can't say it's even reached development yet. It could be anywhere from eight to eighteen months away. I my self, I can't guarantee I'll still be playing GT5 thirteen months from now. I like to believe I will be, but my life is moving forward faster than Gran Turismo is. That said, wile I would like an M1, Porsche 911, Ferrari 250GTO and whatnot, I am not willing and/or may not be able to wait eighteen months for them. I need to be distracted with a little more than speculation and anticipation and I feel that correcting the clone wars is a good start in that effort that would not sacrifice their ability to develop new cars.

One make racing and/or spec racing that looks like this:

is not good enough either.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up