SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 05:11:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday Morning Cartoons  (Read 2807 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Saturday Morning Cartoons
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

You mention running this in an open room

I figured true crime-fighters like Birdman could withstand the criminal onslaught we might face along the way.   ;)

That's great, pm me when you have it open. But someone left a couple pitchers of bloody marys in SHOSHO's fridge and I'm not going to let them go to waste.

Okay, I will find my way there on time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:56:43 PM by DudeTuna »

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »

Wanted: One stock Plymouth Superbird with low mileage. Hopefully one a little old lady drove to the grocery store and back in and the occasional trips to daytona kept to a minimum. If you own such a vehicle and are looking to trade it, I would be interested in a deal. 

james_mikel

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »

Wanted: One stock Plymouth Superbird with low mileage. Hopefully one a little old lady drove to the grocery store and back in and the occasional trips to daytona kept to a minimum. If you own such a vehicle and are looking to trade it, I would be interested in a deal. 

"Tell 'em Charlie sent me..."

Charlie asked me to ship you a vehicle. 

Wile it is "stock" - it is military-grade from Acme and has lots of bolt-on accoutrements. (Oui?)  You just click a few boxes and configure it into whatever type fighting vehicle you need for the occasion. 

As to the "little old lady" aspect - well my sources have it that it was owned my Gen. Patton's illegitimate neice from a tryst he had with a Nazi spy in North Africa.  And aside from the types of trips you mentioned; although it has not seen any action at Daytuna, it has been to Area 51 (where it was retrofitted) and to White Sands Missle Firing Range.   

Check your hauler...  Enjoy!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »

On this morning's docket is case # 1472 - 6118 - 4216 - 8215 - 2379

The case involves two furries who were accosted in the park by a very strange man with an eyepatch.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »

The cars handled quite well together.  Superbirds of a feather I guess...

Man, I didn't know just how much I had missed the old Saturday Morning cartune ritual.  That was FUN!!!

Other logistical info:
[Ronin are you reading this?]

There is an issue with pit road entry that can cause you to miss your crew and do a drive-by instead (they'll wave as you go by).  You might want to pit if tires get below 20% wear left - that way if you miss you'll have a second chance before your tires are gone.

The right side of the car had a big strip of velcro running from the front fender to the rear corner panel.  Unfortunately the right wall of DayTuna Speedway had recently been resurfaced - with velcro...  If you got near the wall your car would stick there.  I wasn't really registering any damage (it was set to light) but with heavy set this may be an issue.

Other than that, you could get about 8 laps out of soft tires, 12 laps out of mediums, and 15 laps out of hards.  There was some chatter about perhaps doing the first weight mod then adding ballast to shift the weight balance and help with conspicuous tire consumption.  (Magically, or should I say mystically, Mystic was able to make his med/hard tire combo last the race.   )

Regarding the weight thingie...  Just fyi, you can set 1750 and you can set 1760, but 1755 is not configurable, Your Honor...

Also also... @Zilla - hate to say this bud, but I think it was your connection hanging the room at the end.  As soon as you bailed, control returned.  

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:08:59 PM by CharlieTuna »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »

The cars handled quite well together.  Superbirds of a feather I guess...

Man, I didn't know just how much I had missed the old Saturday Morning cartune ritual.  That was FUN!!!

Other logistical info:
[Ronin are you reading this?]

There is an issue with pit road entry that can cause you to miss your crew and do a drive-by instead (they'll wave as you go by).  You might want to pit if tires get below 20% wear left - that way if you miss you'll have a second chance before your tires are gone.

The right side of the car had a big strip of velcro running from the front fender to the rear corner panel.  Unfortunately the right wall of DayTuna Speedway had recently been resurfaced - with velcro...  If you got near the wall your car would stick there.  I wasn't really registering any damage (it was set to light) but with heavy set this may be an issue.

Other than that, you could get about 8 laps out of soft tires, 12 laps out of mediums, and 15 laps out of hards.  There was some chatter about perhaps doing the first weight mod then adding ballast to shift the weight balance and help with conspicuous tire consumption.  (Magically, or should I say mystically, Mystic was able to make his med/hard tire combo last the race.  )

Also also... @Zilla - hate to say this bud, but it was your connection hanging the room.  As soon as you bailed, control returned. 

well....um as for the velcro thing, this I anticipated actually. It's an unfortunate side effect of running cars at full power at Daytona. There is a remedy but it depends on everybody involved. Restrictor plating the car breaks the velcro problem and also negates the need for the strong slipstream, but I was trying to steer clear of that for these races. As for the weight modifications, no, that's part of the challenge. These races are a pseudo Nascar race from an era before restrictor plates. It was this very car that began the trend of Nascar slowing down the Super Speedway cars, After the 1970 Daytona race the Plymouth Superbird was mandated to have a smaller engine and more weight added to it because of its brute speed capability completely destroying the car, it was not until 87 when they came to the restrictor plates.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »

Anyone up for a couple of hours of Saturday morning Shuffle racing this Saturday morning?

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »

My apologies for my poor performance in the bird.  I went with what I thought was a generic stock car daytuna tune, but that failed horrible.  I had no idea these things would get that loose going left all day.

Thanks for letting me out, and congrats on those who held it on the course for all laps!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

My apologies for my poor performance in the bird.  I went with what I thought was a generic stock car daytuna tune, but that failed horrible.  I had no idea these things would get that loose going left all day.

Thanks for letting me out, and congrats on those who held it on the course for all laps!

Racing soft tires only lasted 9 laps and racing mediums did about 12. I heard Mystic was on a RM/RH mix and did not need a pit stop. Charlie's LSD of 5/5/5 worked well for me and a top speed shown in upper right box of 251 worked well also.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:26:55 PM by DudeTuna »

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »

Anyone up for a couple of hours of Saturday morning Shuffle racing this Saturday morning?

Depends on if its the new style or the old style.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »

Depends on if its the new style or the old style.

I was hoping to find more cars for the latest and greatest version. (333/444/555)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »

Racing soft tires only lasted 9 laps and racing mediums did about 12. I heard Mystic was on a RM/RH mix and did not need a pit stop. Charlie's LSD of 5/5/5 worked well for me and a top speed shown in upper right box of 251 worked well also.
Yeah, while watching the race that was going on when I entered I saw Mystic's setup, and tried it myself.  Didn't work nearly as well for me.  Although I believe I had my LSD set to something like 15/60/60, so perhaps I went to the wrong end of the spectrum on that front.  Could certainly explain why my ass got out from under me so easy!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up