SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 11:23:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Future Of Gran Turismo  (Read 16870 times)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
Re: The Future Of Gran Turismo
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »

All of these Ideas are Great!  Keep in mind that what we need to ask for are things THAT CAN EASILY PROVIDED BY PD/SCEA.  My suggestion for tracks is taking the ones that we got in GT4 and expanding them to GT5, Not creating New tracks - that will come in GT6.  We don't want to "tax" the PD staff with things that will involve their full time attention - let them work on six.  Just add to GT5 what they have from GT4 in the way of tracks.  It can be done.  And yes, Virginia, let them provide us with duplicate Online/Offline Physics, oil changes, engine rebuilds, and frame restorations.   So, right there are 5 suggestions that wouldn't take a lot of effort or work by PD to accommodate in the game.  Just keep in mind that we want our requests to be in the order of PRIORITY that we wish PD to address.

And Thanks, MGT...You read my mind,

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »

I've always thought that the Online Lounge needed this capability as well. The way it works today, you have to know which of your friends (like HostTuna for example) is hosting a race or follow the orange dot. I'd love to go into the Online Lounge and click a checkbox that says (show only rooms with friends) or something like that. It would make hooking up a lot easier, I think.

If they did this, they would have to label which ones were "open" and which ones were "personal".

Yeah, you are right. But the more I think about it, the more I think they could simplify the interface. Why do we need two ways to find online races (public and private)? It's kind of dumb and clumsy.

Imagine this. You get the itch to race online so you click "Race Online" or whatever. It shows you the ugly cruel world of public rooms. You decide, no, today I'd like some sanity. You click the "Show Me Friends" option in the drop down. The same Open Lounge screen then filters the list of races to only those that you are eligible for based on your friends list. You see one called "Ferrari Seasonal" hosted by some dude named MastrGT and decide, yeah, that sounds like fun. Click. Race. Repeat.

Now, lets decide I want to organize a race, say of MX5s. I've got friends in my friends list from work, some Tunas, some TPRA folks and some folks over at the death star. I tell my friends about the event, give them an approximate time and fire up the room. Anyone that is interested in racing that night only has to fire up the PS3, filter by Friends and join. Simple. And to keep out the riff raff, I mark the room as private and it never appears to anyone other than a friend.

See what I'm talking about?
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »

Yes, I do. I will pass on your idea, too.

[Edit] done
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:34:13 PM by MasterGT »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2012, 06:04:54 PM »

Updated... I will give this some more time, so that more players can comment.

What is the one thing that GT5 needs now?

1: more tracks (real-world, fantasy or from previous releases)
2: a good livery editor
3: a more stable on-line environment
4: a fully developed custom track editor
5: new cars targeting important missing cars (quality over quantity)
6: full access to our garages, settings, GT Auto, and upgrades while on-line
7: a more complete set of on-line host controls and options
8: better AI & real races against the AI, not always just "chasing the rabbit"
9:
10:

This poll is for all of you, so are these how you want them worded in the poll, esp #8?

Any missing important items to add / should any be removed?

Depending on which one receives the highest number of votes, maybe a follow-up poll can expand upon its terms, but one thing at a time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:10:18 PM by MasterGT »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »

Great. Please also share this idea with them for GT6:

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=1809.msg53108#msg53108

I realize this is a big ticket item, will require a fair amount of work. But I'm convinced it would be a "Blow Their Minds" kind of feature and would make all the track editors in the world look like children's toys.

Think of it this way ... you drive your favorite route around your neighborhood, upload the data, pick a road type and a setting (mountains, beach, racetrack, whatever) and it builds a track off of your data (distance, turns, elevation change, everything). It would not look exactly like the route you take, but it would be fun to see what you could create. Heck, I'd love to map my drive to work and then drive it as a race track when I get home. Would help me alleviate the stress of driving in traffic if I could come home and do it at 200 mph later, lol.

Thanks for passing this stuff along. They can count on me to buy a copy of GT6 when it comes out.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »

Why is a livery editor so important to most people?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »

In response to MasterGT

I don't feel number 8 belongs at all.  Its too broad and arbitrary. It basically just says "give us something/anything to spend our money on.  I believe all other items in your list are better examples of specifics that the community would like to have in GT5 and/or GT6.  If the PD were to provide any of the listed items, it would be up to them to determin how to provide it. (ie. freebie, DLC, expansion disk, etc.)  Or perhaps a second poll to ask how we would like our content.

sigh... Some day I should really take the time to write down and truly articulate my opinions and thoughts on the state of Gran Turismo.  Looking over the past 5 GT games I do feel and fear that GT as a franchise is in or heading to decline. I admit it would probably categorized as a typical nerd rant and fall on deaf ears (blind eyes  :-\) but perhaps it allow me to get past my frustrations with this game.  What can I say? I've been passionate about all forms of racing since I was a kid. GT is just another extension of that passion.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »

Not most, but important to some. This game has something for everyone. I only need the racing to have fun.  :)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »

Sorry for double posting.

I'd say its the same reason I race mostly black cars and when available always use the number 27.  Its a combination of self expressionism, a way to identify oneself from all the other faceless people online.  It also adds variety to the replays and photos that we take.  Its also a form of artistic expression or a way to support a real world team or drive by decorating a car to match a real world race car.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »

1: more tracks (real-world, fantasy or from previous releases)
2A. Online details from full access garages, better hosting controls/options and stability to get 16 into a race without issue.
2B. More DLC cars would not have to be bunches but a few packs of 4 or 5 quality drivers cars once a season. Maybe like a new model, something older and a race car with the fourth always being a wild card.

Track builder and livery editor do not make my abbreviated list as I would like to see them introduced as a sort of piggy back games. I do not want to start over on GT6. I favor evolution of a quality game over starting my cyber driving career over every few years.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »

I thought that it was editing a quoted post, but I ended up editing the original, above.

I deleted the suggestion for more DLC.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »

I like what you have there at 1-8.  I'm finding it difficult to come up with 2 more good ones.  

I'll go with better car/engine sounds for one.  I know that one is going to fall on deaf ears though, as Kaz apparently thinks the sound is "perfect".

Another would be better qualifying procedures.  

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »

Great. Please also share this idea with them for GT6:

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=1809.msg53108#msg53108

I realize this is a big ticket item, will require a fair amount of work. But I'm convinced it would be a "Blow Their Minds" kind of feature and would make all the track editors in the world look like children's toys.

Think of it this way ... you drive your favorite route around your neighborhood, upload the data, pick a road type and a setting (mountains, beach, racetrack, whatever) and it builds a track off of your data (distance, turns, elevation change, everything). It would not look exactly like the route you take, but it would be fun to see what you could create. Heck, I'd love to map my drive to work and then drive it as a race track when I get home. Would help me alleviate the stress of driving in traffic if I could come home and do it at 200 mph later, lol.

Thanks for passing this stuff along. They can count on me to buy a copy of GT6 when it comes out.

MX

I don't think it is necessary to request this one, for two reasons.

As mentioned before, it is doubtful that the technology is "there" yet.

Also, PD is already working with GPS related products and have been for a few years, now. What they are researching, though, is how to get real-world driving data into GT. They were actually working on the second-gen link to GT this year. I am pretty certain that if we can think of inputting tracks for GT from player-generated data, then they could, too. This idea has been around for a few years.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »

Oh another for me would be better/more tuning options.

Caster, tire pressure, brake duct, radiator duct, etc.  

Also, explain in better detail what the tuning numbers represent, not just arbitrary numbers from 0 to 20 or whatever.  Use real life numbers.  For example, instead of using -20 to +20 for ride height, use say 5cm to 20 cm with say 12cm as the default.  On a related note, don't have every single car in the game start with the same exact tune.  An example is the fact that every car starts with +.20 rear toe.  Take real life car data and have that be the default tune.  I realize this is quite the task with 1000+ cars, but even some attempt at this would be nice.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »

I like what you have there at 1-8.  I'm finding it difficult to come up with 2 more good ones.  

I'll go with better car/engine sounds for one.  I know that one is going to fall on deaf ears though, as Kaz apparently thinks the sound is "perfect".

Another would be better qualifying procedures. 

I'll second this.  Some sort of qualifying session for online would be great. Or let us turn off draft in freerun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up