SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 01:43:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• The Undie-anapolis 500: May 27, 2011
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Undy 500 by Hanes  (Read 5473 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Undy 500 by Hanes
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »

Wow what a great race. Nine guys started nine finished. Many thanks to every racer that came out I still cannot believe 200 laps didn't scare more people away. Great job running to all who came out.

Results
1. Baked
2. dlrws6
3.Thunfisch
4. Spitfuk
5. Nosoks
6. Rick
7. NinjaTuna
8. RoninTuna
9. CharlieTuna

Now we just have to wait til Sunday to see who is the Undy 500 team challenge champion. Be sure to root on your driver.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »

We can't change Undies til Sunday.... hmmmm
Great racing guys awesome times. Thanks Baked for putting us all up for the evening
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »

Congrats, Baked!   Looks like the practice the other night paid off, .

Gosh, I'll bet that was really a fun time....sorry I missed it. :'(  Was it a close finish after 200 laps?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »

I had fun right up untill the last few laps, I appologize for my outburst at the end of the race, I thought my mike was muted. I lost two positions after the race ended. Cars that are laps down should finish laps down not continue to run until they have run the full race, but that is PD's screwup.

Congrats Baked.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »

Good win Baked and congrats to everyone finishing on the lead lap.  Early on I took myself out of contention because I suck.  During various points of the race I got to do some actual racing with a few of the guys and enjoyed it.

Also, thanks to dlrws6 for the tune.  I picked up 2 tenths immediately and qualified 2rd.  Even after grabbing some grass and taking part in a death spin, I was able to start catching up to the lead pack 15 laps in, except I continued to crash.  Lap times for me over the first 105 laps went something like this:

That trend went on for about 75 minutes.  The crashes were not due to the tune.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »

Good win Baked and congrats to everyone finishing on the lead lap.  Early on I took myself out of contention because I suck.  During various points of the race I got to do some actual racing with a few of the guys and enjoyed it.

Also, thanks to dlrws6 for the tune.  I picked up 2 tenths immediately and qualified 2rd.  Even after grabbing some grass and taking part in a death spin, I was able to start catching up to the lead pack 15 laps in, except I continued to crash.  Lap times for me over the first 105 laps went something like this:

That trend went on for about 75 minutes.  The crashes were not due to the tune.

It was most likely tire ware, After about 40 laps and two pit stops I found that stagering the tires reduced the number of mid corner wiggles and spins later in the middle of the tire run. After that I was actually able to run with people and hold lines, wish I had figured that out before messing up peoples races trying to collect a wiggle.

I spent so much time during testing trying to figure out how to reduce the load on the right rear tire I never gave any thought to balencing the front/rear grip, Half way through tires the front was overpowering the back causing the wiggles. It had occured to me and then Charlie and Ninja pointed this out to me and still did nothing about it...:(

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »

My tune was my standard weak attempt. No downforce drop ride height to -5 and racing hard tires each time. Thanks for congrats guys.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »

During the day today a few friends asked me what I did last night. When I respond drove in a race many of them expect that. But when I tell them we did a full 500 miles at Indy since the actual race is this weekend they all look at me as if I am loopy for doing so. But this was exciting watching everything unfold with at least 6 people leading at least one lap and the top five would cycle up and down the leaderboard. I had a blast even if it would of ended entirely different with finishes. I don't know about anyone else but seeing a two hour race or longer once a month or so might be fun.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2011, 05:44:22 PM »

One more thing I woke up at 6 this morning wishing my left arm would just fall off. But I would do it again.  :o

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2011, 06:41:55 PM »

During the day today a few friends asked me what I did last night. When I respond drove in a race many of them expect that. But when I tell them we did a full 500 miles at Indy since the actual race is this weekend they all look at me as if I am loopy for doing so. But this was exciting watching everything unfold with at least 6 people leading at least one lap and the top five would cycle up and down the leaderboard. I had a blast even if it would of ended entirely different with finishes. I don't know about anyone else but seeing a two hour race or longer once a month or so might be fun.
Someone stop this man! He's out of controle I have to say that while testing and only doing 20-30 laps I thought I would fall asleep at the wheel when we ran 200. Not so, I found it to be quite intense. I would have to take turns shaking the numbness out of my hands periodically but other than that it was a blast. Well, that and I had to piss like a Russion Race horse when we had finished :laugh
Good racing guys. Congrats to you Baked. Well done!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »

Thanks again Baked for organizing this event and congratulations on the victory last night and congratulations to all the participants for surviving a difficult and incredibly fun race.  Although I have high hopes for Sundays race, I've got a feeling that we put on a better show last night than the real thing.  I've saved the replay and I hope to spend some time getting a few photos of all the action and studying my mistakes. As soon as I do, I'll post them up. (the pictures, not the mistakes  :P)

I'm all for long races so if you decide to run another I'll do my best to be there. Also if by any chance you wanted to stick with ovals there is always the Pepsi 400 at Daytona in July and the Brickyard 400 at Indy in August.  :D

quack

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:25 AM »

http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=305.0

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 08:21:48 AM »

Thanks Ronin I had forgotten your races were going to be full length features.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 08:29:16 AM »

Thanks Ronin I had forgotten your races were going to be full length features.

The first race did have limited turn out and we only ran half the distance but I am hoping the next one will have better turn out since people don't need to buy a car to participate if they don't want to.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »

Barring any infractions found in post race inspections these are the results of the first annual Undy 500 Tuna Team Challenge.

Undy finish             Indy Finish      Total
NoSoks                   5                         33              38
Spitfuk                   4                         27              31
Charlie                   9                         20              29
dlrws6                    2                         22              24
Ronin                     8                         12              20
Rick                       6                         14              20
Baked                    1                         15              16
Ninja                     7                          6               13
Thun                      3                          10              13

Since I had no plans in place in the event of a tie and there are no real prize money's to be won I am going to double the prize total and declare you co champions congrats to both Ninja and Thun.

Oh and did anyone else see the ending to the race HOLY FUCKING SHIT I didn't see that coming.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:26:16 PM by BakedTuna »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up