SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 07:47:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Sports Car Series - Race #3: February 08, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #4: February 22, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #5: March 07, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #6: March 21, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #7: April 04, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #8: April 18, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #9: May 02, 2012
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series! - COMPLETED  (Read 17021 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series!
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »

it's more like 1:30. 

My best at 450pp was 132.257.

you do know by now that it's supoposed to be 480, right?  or is that what you meant?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »

it's more like 1:30. 

My best at 450pp was 132.257.

you do know by now that it's supoposed to be 480, right?  or is that what you meant?

Yes and yes.  ;D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »

1:29.6

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »

That was fun!

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »

Once again it was a pleasure to race with everyone last night. There didn't appear to be any lag, but at least one racer, Baked, got booted during the race.  :(

Goos times!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »

it was fried.  not sure what happened.

but yea it was fun!

madrid is one of the only places I know almost as well or as well as the mega fast dudes, due to being in some races with some fast dudes and studying what they did after the fact.  it would have been a good showdown if there weren't so many collisions and stuff.

lag was okay.  during the pre-race it seemed a little jumpy, and during the main race there was a point where fried got bumped to the outside of the wide circle at the end of the course, and then suddenly appeared to me way ahead of where he was a milisecond before.

so there was SOME lag.  But lag isn't really the issue with this lounge bug, as reported by GTP.

because I saw an improvement after unplugging my mic on Sunday for tuna cup, I decided to go mic silent on this race, and the sluggish buggy feeling was never there.  but how many did we even have in the race.  was it 10 or so?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »

We started with 10 and ended with 9.

Brindle

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »

I have a questions... 

Is there any qualifying procedure, or do you just wing it for this evnet?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »

I have a questions... 

There is supposed to be 15 minute qualifying right before the race. We wanted to check for a lag bug last night and I guess that was used as qualifying?  :-\ I thought it was strange what happened, but whatever.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »

I apologize for the qualifying procedure (or lack thereof).  Running that short 4 lap sortie was good to determine if any bugs were present (thankfully not) but then by the time that was over it was just around 915 and Metal had said he couldn't really hang around past 10 (stated in previous posts).  So that's how we came to that start.

I sincerely hope that nobody was upset by that.

Starting with the next race, Daytona Road Course, we will line up on the grid based on qualifying lap times (viewed through the lounge) and then start that way.

Fried, really sorry to see you get disco'd (I assume that's what happened).  After you were gone I was a Supra Wolfpack of one  :'(

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »

With people not showing as promised, I think we can assume we won't run into the bug from here out.  Especially if mics are not used by everyone.  Besides, it's another month away and it could be fixed or improved by then.

if we DO have to do another little test race to check for the bug, I suggest allowing that to be the qualifying race, BUT those who were obviously faster should be allowed to move to the front of that unofficial race very quickly so they can duke it out.

AND probably most importantly.  Though I liked meeting all of your friends Dawson, if someone hasn't raced in a long time they should be asked to do some serious practicing before joining the lounge on race day and briefed on some more etiquette stuff.  I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but there were some frustrating moments.

On a positive note, when lapping people they did seem to get out of the way pretty quickly... so thanks to those who did that.

Is Metal Phreak the Metal guy from this forum?  either way, he had me nervous the whole time!  If I had more than one or two little wall-bumps, he would have won for sure.  The next race could certainly have a different outcome.

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »

I have a questions... 

There is supposed to be 15 minute qualifying right before the race. We wanted to check for a lag bug last night and I guess that was used as qualifying?  :-\ I thought it was strange what happened, but whatever.

it looks like it used reverse grid order from our test run, cause i started close to dead last, and the people that finished ahead of me in that test race started behind me.

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »

reverse was better than normal order because the pre-race/test race was so chaotic that I never got a clean lap in without being punted...  starting in 7th when fried would be 1st would have not been fair because I had the fastest lap on the course.  At least with reverse order the fast guys had to battle through the same situations...

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »

Ex-xBoxFan, as always I appreciate your constructive criticism.  I don't take it as complaining!  The goal is to have good racing with high participation.  Wish it wasn't so difficult sometimes.

AND probably most importantly.  Though I liked meeting all of your friends Dawson, if someone hasn't raced in a long time they should be asked to do some serious practicing before joining the lounge on race day and briefed on some more etiquette stuff.  I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but there were some frustrating moments.

I spaced out these races with the hopes that everyone will have plenty of time to practice.  With 1-2 exceptions I'm finding out that a few of these people barely race anything in the time between races!  As in don't even play GT5.  I will pass along a mass message that people need to be prepared or do not participate at all.  Obviously we're not looking for racing perfection but some preparation effort is needed/required.  I will say that cecollazo is a good friend of mine, and just moved into a new house.  Before that he was in limo and most of his stuff was packed up for a month, including his PS3 (silly if you ask me!).  Not really an excuse, but I don't mind mentioning it  ;D  He was the permanent back marker but I think he was good at letting people go by.  SonicZoom...I dunno what his deal is.  dmdffkid is not that great (don't know why he continually picks the NSX) and he (wisely I guess) quit after the qualifying race due to his poor performance.

I'll post the race 2 results later today after work (sorry for the delay my home PC is currently broken).  In the interest of keeping people interested I will plan the next race sooner.  Perhaps within the next 2-3 week window?

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Up