SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 10:39:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 20190 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2013, 10:03:31 AM »

Awesome job Dumbasses and everyone. No race next week then it's Indy Road on 6/5. So lets all get out there and get some practice in and give them Dumbasses a run for their money.  :)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »

Last minute thing screwed me! Didn't even have time to post saying i wasn't going to make the race! Hope that did hold up the race waiting for me! Sorry if it did!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:50:55 PM by GrumpyTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »

I skimmed the replay today. Very nice all, and Fried had a sweet Wizard draft assisted 1'46.xxx fastest lap. Awesome!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

Updated the Op with results and standings.

Dumbasses are well out front (don't look like Dumbasses at this point)

I gave Team Wolfpack the 3 points from Turbo because it was set up ahead of time. Anyone not showing without notice got the last running total points of 10.

I gave Feldynn 9 because he was there and discoed. I don't know what happened to Agent but he was there and listed in the results.

I'm thinking of locking in the 2 throw aways after the 7th race just so we know where we stand before the last race. At least then we will know what to shoot for. The only problem with that may be if race 8 is someones worst result and not counting as a throw away.

I have also been thinking of doing the throw aways after race 8 and then having a final race at the Motegi Oval with very fast tire wear for points or just for the hell of it and making it open to whoever shows up.

I don't want to keep changing things but it really is like hitting a moving target with subs and discoes and such.

Any help at this point would be appreciated.

I could use some feedback on the last point as I don't know what is usually done with these types of things.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »

I'd like to get all my races in and see which I suck at best before throwing any away.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »

I don't know what happened to Agent but he was there and listed in the results.

Not sure what ya mean .... I raced the whole race, well except for 2 laps.  Thats when I was mad at myself for falling for the 'lets bail' at the beginning.  But I'm ok now ....  ;) ;)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »

Not sure what ya mean .... I raced the whole race, well except for 2 laps.  Thats when I was mad at myself for falling for the 'lets bail' at the beginning.  But I'm ok now ....  ;) ;)

It is really cool we fish are all so accommodating, but I agree with Turbo's statement after the race. If it's a points series race or single serious race you should plan on going at the start time.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »

sorry to miss the race, I cannot connect to gt5 servers ...ID.code 1:531, gonna see what the FUCK that is. Rebooted every thing, cleaned the disc, emptied the cache and threw a shit fit. signing in to psn no prob...I don't know

edit.. seems i don't have UPnP now on this modem WTF
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:16:24 PM by nosoks »
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2013, 07:29:31 AM »

It is really cool we fish are all so accommodating, but I agree with Turbo's statement after the race. If it's a points series race or single serious race you should plan on going at the start time.

I only mentioned it because I heard you say that you bailed when you heard retsart but I couldn't figure out how you were still there if you bailed. You must have just slowed.

In the future if we don't have a formal request to delay the start we are going ahead with the start time of 9:30 +/- a few minutes. Everyone knows what the start time is and if you are late then so be it. If we have a major crash at the start due to lag then we may have a restart but until you hear it from me keep going as if it is a good race. Please talk and let me know that there has been a problem and it will only take a second to issue the restart ( basically if I'm at the front we are a go  ).

Just kidding, I use the map and if I hear of a problem and see multiple cars affected then we will start it over but please keep going unless you hear from me.

As far as the schedule we are going to keep going with the series as is and the throw aways will be calculated after race 8 for the final results. I'm sure we will all have a pretty good idea where we stand before race 8. Basically who has a shot at 2nd which is and I'm sure will be up for grabs until the end. The dumbasses will be looking like Kim Kardashian by then with all of the extra weight they will be carrying but I'm not sure it will make a difference.

I'm going to offer up a finale race at Motegi oval after the series just for shits and giggles with very fast tire wear, open to anyone who has the car and at 369hp (I think that's the max) and 1150kg. The series ends on June 26 and with holidays here and down there the 1rd week of July I will look at doing this on July 10st. Come one come all.

I'm having a blast running this thing for my 1rd time and I hope it's not getting too much with the changes as we go. I will try to keep things simple going forward but can't say what will happen if we get any more drop outs. Lets hope for the best but I want to thank you all for making this so much easier and especially my teammate for setting up the room every week, thanks Dude.

Everyone enjoy the off week and I hope to get a lot more practice in before Indy RC and have a much better result.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »

Thank you for a very fun series LLF and you can thank everyone for setting up the room. Usually I arrive and it is all ready to go.  :)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »

I wasn't sure but I thought it was you. Well then I should thank everyone for all of their help.

It is a great car and lots of fun. Should be a great race for 2rd the rest of the way.

Well at least I can thank my partner for doing so well in the races. You are keeping us in this thing all by yourself.

Go Dolts!!!

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2013, 12:35:59 PM »

The only two voices I can distinguish are Feldynn and Charlie. (well, of course Josh. LOL) At the beginning I heard several 'lets bails' and someone said to get the running order so we know where everybody was supposed to start. When GO ensued, 2 cars at the back sat there ... and I figured they were writing the order.  Got all the way to turn #1 where I tried to just drive to the inside and hit the button. I ended up turning in too hard and alittle slide.  Every one went by me without another word to bailing ... so I straightened up and proceeded onward at over 30 seconds behind.  Sure, I'd like to take Turbo's advice Dude, but how many times in this series have we restarted a race for one reason or another?  It was just another restart being called for ... nothing unusual.

Dont get me wrong, I was fine with it after a couple puffs in the garage and then rejoining the race.  I'm not racing for anything anyways, but I really felt like a lone wolf dumb shit for falling for it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »

The only two voices I can distinguish are Feldynn and Charlie. (well, of course Josh. LOL) At the beginning I heard several 'lets bails' and someone said to get the running order so we know where everybody was supposed to start. When GO ensued, 2 cars at the back sat there ... and I figured they were writing the order.  Got all the way to turn #1 where I tried to just drive to the inside and hit the button. I ended up turning in too hard and alittle slide.  Every one went by me without another word to bailing ... so I straightened up and proceeded onward at over 30 seconds behind.  Sure, I'd like to take Turbo's advice Dude, but how many times in this series have we restarted a race for one reason or another?  It was just another restart being called for ... nothing unusual.

Dont get me wrong, I was fine with it after a couple puffs in the garage and then rejoining the race.  I'm not racing for anything anyways, but I really felt like a lone wolf dumb shit for falling for it.

I totally hear you. The Turbo advice was for in the future. I agree some people stated exactly what you said during the count down. Personally I can't focus well with mic chatter and at race start my mic is on the floor so I can hear my tires and car. I was keeping my eye on P1 to see what Wiz was going to do.

Brindle

« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »

Just a thought...  For the first lap only, zero chatter at countdown except for Leaf only?  That way we know who's speaking.  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »

Just a thought...  For the first lap only, zero chatter at countdown except for Leaf only?  That way we know who's speaking.  :)

this^
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36   Go Up