SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 07:04:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 20163 times)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2013, 06:55:38 AM »

I'm not sure how many we will have tonight but I wanted to clarify that if someone doesn't show and doesn't have a prearranged sub then the teammate with the lowest finish will get the points from the highest finishing sub. This will only apply if we have multiple no shows.

If we only have 1 no show then that team will get points from the highest finishing sub.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »

I plan on racing in this race. But I currently still don't have internet at home. This will be Day 5 of my second outtage in the last 30 days. ATT shows up at 4pm to see if they can fix it ... again.

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »

I should be there tonight and can substitute for another guy as needed.. substitute, my points for yours.. :)

The Who - Substitute

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2013, 08:44:16 AM »

I have no idea if I'm racing tonight. Busy, busy, busy.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »

I should be there tonight and can substitute for another guy as needed.. substitute, my points for yours.. :)

The Who - Substitute

Was just listening to this a few days ago one of the songs by them that doesn't get as much airplay bit I like a lot.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »

Just realized...Indy Road...it would be a sin for me to miss it. I hope everything is smooth tonight.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »

Well that was strange. I know it didn't effect me as I was a solid 9th. If everyone can let me know their finish we can close this one. The only issue I can see is if we had some close battles.

Let me know the order and I hope we're ok.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:31 PM »

The whole room imploded.  Everyone got booted.

A few of us hopped back in the room and agreed this should be the finishing order...

1. Fried
2. soks
3. Wiz
4. Psycho
5. Grumpy
6. Feldynn
7. Dawson
8. Dude
9. LLF
10. MX-5
11. Charlie

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »

Other than the implosion, fun race.  Had a good battle with soks until I spun out like a dumbass.  A while later I came out of the pits between dawson & psycho and had some good laps with them as well.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:59 PM »

ya fun till the implosion. Coming round the last curve smiling cuz completed another race, then ..........
WTG Fried. Good race for awhile Wiz, you caught me steadily until your spin, there was no catching fried tho
Nice finish Grumpy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:29:37 AM by nosoks »
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2013, 07:42:11 AM »

That was quite possibly the worst race I've ever run. Wish I could figure out this car. No amount of practice seems to make a difference. I'll give it another shot next week.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #311 on: June 06, 2013, 09:24:41 AM »

I had a pretty dire start myself, managed to off track a handful of corners into the first lap though at least I did manage not to spin the car and just ended up slowing down some so I didn't end up too far behind.  Ran a couple of laps with MX and Charlie, caught up to Dude for a lap or two (sorry about the bumps Dude!) and eventually found Grumpy and Dawson / Wolfpack playing with eachother :).  Last few laps were pretty intense with 3-way battle for 5st place, a little friendly bump n grind and then with a couple of corners to go and Grumpy probably just out of reach the room went splat!  I'm sure it was followed by a simultaneous chorus of..

echoing around the world :).  Thanks Wiz for coming back and taking down the last known positions / finishing order!

MX, what sort of problems were you having with your car last night?  It looked like it might have been a bit too tail happy or kind of squirrely coming off the corners a couple of times when we were close, I'm hardly the best person to give tuning advice since I usually have arse backwards numbers to everyone else :) but maybe we can figure out something for the next race.  Ironically I ended up having problems myself in the few practice laps at Indy right before the race and reset half my suspension to mostly default settings at the last minute which seemed to really help out and even worked well in the test laps I did a bit later with Soks and Grumpy at Rome.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »

MX, what sort of problems were you having with your car last night?  It looked like it might have been a bit too tail happy or kind of squirrely coming off the corners a couple of times when we were close, I'm hardly the best person to give tuning advice since I usually have arse backwards numbers to everyone else :) but maybe we can figure out something for the next race.  Ironically I ended up having problems myself in the few practice laps at Indy right before the race and reset half my suspension to mostly default settings at the last minute which seemed to really help out and even worked well in the test laps I did a bit later with Soks and Grumpy at Rome.

Well, you are very observant. Most of my problems with the car exist between my ears. I spent a week practicing and tuning for this event, and then didn't have internet for 4 plus days. My connection literally went green right before the qualify. The last time I touched my car, it was still understeering more than I like. So I gave it a little tweak to make it looser with the expectation that I would have some time to test and tune after that. I didn't. So I get to the race, do some practice laps and then we start qualifying. I'm about a second and a half behind my best time. So I exit and tweak. Then it takes two laps to get one good lap for qual. Still too slow. Exit and tweak. Two more laps. Exit and tweak. Coming down pit lane the race starts. Since I exited, I'm starting at the back. Ok, no problem, I think I have the tune back to where it was. Leroy Jenkins, here I come.

When we start racing, I start moving up through traffic a bit. We get half way around and I try to gun it pre-apex. Car drifts wide over the rumble strip into the painted section on the left hand side. All of a sudden, my cold tires can't grip on the painted surface, back end comes around and I lose the main pack. Now my attitude is all jacked up and everytime my tail gets a little loose, I just dime the throttle and try to do a donut in anger. LOL.

Did a couple of laps trying to smoke my tires. Got tired of that, pitted, drove by myself for a while and calmed down. Last half of the race I was actually driving pretty well. I was just praying for the torture to end by that time.

In terms of handling issues with the car, I am clearly overdriving the tires. It wants to understeer like a pig for me. But I'm pretty sure that's because I'm not braking enough. So I'm actually trying to make the car more loose. On corner exit, if I dime the throttle, the back end swings out. I just need to use a little throttle discipline there and roll on the throttle as I'm unwinding the steering. When I do that right, it's ok. If I can solve the corner entry plowing, I think I can get a bit faster.

Edit: also want to add, taking 5 pounds off the car made very little difference.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:46:52 AM by MX5#98 »

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »

I'm with you MX5. I haven't had the car the way I like it at all. I had a descent start but every time I see a car creeping up from behind I know it's only a matter of time and every time they get by I'm amazed how within 1 lap they are pulling away. I saw Feldynn gaining and he blows right by. Then Dude spins out and within 1/2 lap he goes by pulling away and MX5 with about 3 laps to go does the same.

I'm having a really hard time being competitive and basically gave up the last 1/2 dozen laps. I gotta work for next week to try to help my poor teammate out. By the way I think Dude was struggling as well last night.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #314 on: June 06, 2013, 10:31:45 AM »

I was having a bit of a pushing problem too MX, that's why I did the suspension reset and it seemed to help out some.  The other thing I noticed regarding pushing was that it helped me to be in the lowest gear I could be when entering a corner even if it meant almost bouncing off the limiter but downshifting to 2nd while braking / turning in then quickly shifting back to 3rd once it's pointed to go through and out, felt like it gave the rear end a little extra turn / flick but without trying to come around.  Guessing that is mostly down to the way I have my LSD set up though perhaps a bit with toe / camber too that stopped it from trying to kill me LOL.

I ran the exact same set up at Rome (but with less top speed) and it seemed pretty good there.  When I fire up the PS3 later I'll note down my settings and post them if you (or anyone) want to give them a try :).

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36   Go Up