• May 04, 2024, 06:24:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DRUNK DRIVING- Deal with it  (Read 21612 times)

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
Re: DRUNK DRIVING- Deal with it
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2014, 12:41:47 PM »

Public room vs friends only room? Personally I like the two weeks we ran of friends only much better. Like I said a couple weeks ago, I'd rather have 12 people I know racing than have a full room with a couple strangers. I have another reason for being in favor of the friends only room: The connection/visibility issues  >:(

There were three or four people I could not see all night, no matter how many times I leave and clear the cache - it does no good at all if they don't also leave and try the same thing. I was getting very frustrated Saturday night b/c of the Europeans coming in (knowing full well it is early morning for them and are all sober), running one very fast car over and over and winning every race, and to top it off I can't even see them because of their connections and lag time due to being on a different continent. Yes, I know that sounds a little racist, but I had no issues like these the two weeks we ran friends only.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »

I'll vote for more running in Friends only.

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2014, 01:20:53 PM »

Thanks, Dude! I always enjoy racing and chatting with you, sorry for being such a know-it-all, I think it gets worse when I'm drinking. I know I talk (alot!), but I'm also pretty humble and don't mind being corrected or even told to shut up, lol.

In support of friends only, I have my keyboard connected to the ps3 on Saturday nights and I have no problem messaging folks to come join us and will do whatever it takes to promote the room and get it full as possible (I am not above giving wet willys and indian burns).  :laugh

TrendyTuna

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »

I agree with Biebs.

Racing Saturday nights in a Friends Only room has been way better. I have stopped having a pubic room for my FriNite Drunks room about 6 weeks ago and the racing has much improved.

I know both rooms were built on being pubic, but when you find a bunch of cool people that are also good clean racers, no need to be pubic anymore.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »

Public or private?  Each has there advantages. 

I credit the public rooms for the 25 plus friends I've added because of DD night.  I filtered through the junk and found a few gems.  Maybe I've been lucky.  Thanks again for joining in and coming back week after week.

I credit the private rooms for the knowledge that I'm gonna get good clean racing from everyone all night long. (L. Richie just popped into my head).  Plus, no speech needs to be given. :)

I'm for keeping it a friends only room for a few weeks.  The room will get full eventually.  And if it doesn't, I'll get drunk enough that I'll see a full grid. :laugh

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »

I have not get gotten things sorted out on my end.  Work and being a dad have kept me busy the last couple weeks (archery might be my new favorite sport).  My 10-year old has an archery tournament on Saturday but after I'll have the day to myself and will try to get back online then.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »

I have not get gotten things sorted out on my end.  Work and being a dad have kept me busy the last couple weeks (archery might be my new favorite sport).  My 10-year old has an archery tournament on Saturday but after I'll have the day to myself and will try to get back online then.

Good! It's been way, way too long since we had a chance to GET RICK!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »

:stoopid:

would really love to see ya out with us again.  Plus, i think you'll fit right in with this crowd.

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »

Public or private?  Each has there advantages. 

I credit the public rooms for the 25 plus friends I've added because of DD night.  I filtered through the junk and found a few gems.  Maybe I've been lucky.  Thanks again for joining in and coming back week after week.

I credit the private rooms for the knowledge that I'm gonna get good clean racing from everyone all night long. (L. Richie just popped into my head).  Plus, no speech needs to be given. :)

I'm for keeping it a friends only room for a few weeks.  The room will get full eventually.  And if it doesn't, I'll get drunk enough that I'll see a full grid. :laugh
I know what you mean though, if it wasn't for the Saturday night DD room being public, I would have never found you guys. If I do a public room during the week and meet cool people then I try to advertise our Friday and Saturday night rooms. Of course that means they need to FR Boston and Trendy - if this happens I will send you a guys a heads up, like "so and so should be sending you a FR because I told them to".

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »

I just cannot get the downloads to install.  Once I fire up the PS3 and click on the game, it immediately begins the install process.  I cannot click any of the buttons to cancel or stop the install.  It installs for about 15 minutes with the yellow light flickering the whole time like it's supposed to.  Eventually, I get an error message and am unable to click on ok.  The only thing I can do is hit the PS button and quit the game, at which point all I can do is repeat the entire process.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »

Made it out for a bit of the Drunk Tanks on Friday and Saturday. Enjoyed myself both nights. Thanks to the hosts and those I shared the track with.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »

I just cannot get the downloads to install.  Once I fire up the PS3 and click on the game, it immediately begins the install process.  I cannot click any of the buttons to cancel or stop the install.  It installs for about 15 minutes with the yellow light flickering the whole time like it's supposed to.  Eventually, I get an error message and am unable to click on ok.  The only thing I can do is hit the PS button and quit the game, at which point all I can do is repeat the entire process.

hey Rick, its been suggested doing the updates from the XMB rather than ingame. Just hover over the game icon and press the triangle button to get "options". Some have had more success this way. Good luck
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »

I've tried that and it says I'm current on updates.  If I delete the game from the PS3 and load the disc, will that accomplish anything? 

TrendyTuna

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »

Glad you had a good time, BakedTuna.

What happened Saturday night after Boston opened his drunk room?

I got a chance to race in FFKowalski's pre drunk room with some regulars and it was fun as always, but I was just too tired (From drinking for most of the day long story  :laugh ) to continue to race once Boston opened his room so I have no idea. I did get a PM from Boston on PS3 saying he will not be doing a drunk room for the next few Saturdays but not sure why.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »

I'll give the brief run down of the haps without naming.

The racing was fine early.  Then, slowly it started to get rougher and rougher.  Close to the end I was taken out twice in one race.  I did not get an "I'm sorry Boston", or the 'pull over give the spot back' response.  Nothing.  After that same race a few talked about the rough racing they had. 

I'm a pretty quiet and mello guy but I said something to the effect of "lets not have a fucking repeat of last race.  Remember the one fucking rule I have. You all know it.  It's one fucking rule!"

And what happens next race???  You guessed it, a repeat.  That sent 4 good, long timers out the door for the night.  "Just to rough" they said.  I bid my goodnight shortly after.

I get pissed when 4 great racers leave the room because of the actions of a few who cant or wont respect others.  Unacceptable.  I don't want my room to turn out like that.  It wont turn out like that.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up