• May 03, 2024, 09:57:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176955 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »

I would like women with bouncing bOObs...

Ask and ye shall receive...

8)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2011, 11:39:47 AM »

I think the way they use to do the Seasonals in the beginning was the best way. They had restrictions you had to conform to, which made for a very good challenge, and the pay out was awesome. Then a week later when a new event was out, they lifted the restrictions on the old one. I liked that, because some of them were so difficult, I couldn't win them with the restrictions on. The best of both worlds, challenging racing, and big money, ...uh credits.

I have to more or less agree. I preferred the earlier events with tight restrictions. It made the races a little more interesting than the current events that have little to no limits. But I'm sure there are many who need or prefer the open regulation races. So why not offer both.

...and since the question was asked.

I play offline just as much or more than I play online and I'd like to see sliders or options to incease AI strength and/or race distance for all events seasonal and offline. With prizes adjusted appropriately for the increased difficulty. Perhaps something similar to what GTPSP had. That way, those of us that like 20 lap races and hate 3 lap races can have what we crave and those that don't have the time or desire for longer races get what they want. Not to mention this helps with re-playability and takes away some of the pain of grinding for xp and cash.

Second, I'd like to see by the end of the year, or sooner, the trade caps removed. I figure by the end of the first year of the games release the majority of the insane attempts to sell cars on ebay and the like should fade away. As far as those who cheat or work around the current system, they will always be there and always find some way to do what they do. So who cares as long as it does not negatively effect online racing, which is what will keep this game alive possibly for years to come.

Finally remove all "forced" ABS, TCS, stability management settings. Again its all about choice and most events and challenges that force these on us are flawed with or without the setting. Example: The final NASCAR school events. Without stability management you blow by the other cars, with it you almost have to cheat to place higher than 2nd.   

In simple words. PD has created a great world for every one to play in. Now they need to give us the options to shape that world to best fit our individual playing styles offline and create fun events online. They've done pretty good with online but for offline and seasonal events they really need to give us options to make it worth playing over and over again.

Sorry for the wall of text, but this has bothered me for some time and I simply had to let er' rip.

quack
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:44:08 AM by dlrws6 »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »

To clarify, I would like to see a difficulty setting for the whole game, not just the Seasonal Events.  A-Spec, Seasonals, Special Events, etc.
Having a choice of difficulty would probably only work in some sort of single-player "arcade" section, against AI. Any event that would have to be done by everyone, such as A-spec or on-line, should be equal for everyone.

ToCA had a difficulty setting and I am not sure how successful or useful it was. GT3 had a "Professional" level and players either didn't know how to start it (it couldn't be set as the default setting) or they just ignored it.

If they just adjust the overall difficulty only to what we do, then we don't have much incentive to do better. PD has to set a high enough bar that we work for our wins, but having the AI cars unnecessarily spread out and far away from the human's car isn't useful, since it turns most races into just a two car duel.

I did a fairly well balanced race, recently, with all of the AI cars not too far behind me, so maybe they have improved GT5's AI's habits somewhat. It was only one example, so I will have to look at their habits again.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »

:fuck ing Lotus.  That POS kept me up all night...  And I still only finished 2st, behind by 1 second.  If anyone has a tune, PLEASE POST.  Close gear box seems to be a must.

Now I'm trying to collect :fuck ing outfits, what's next GT5 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2011, 06:09:51 AM »

Grabbed from GTP.

Trial Mountain - 900,000 Credits and 250,000 EXP
Tsukuba - 1,000,000 credits and 300,000 EXP
Laguna Seca - 1,100,000 Credits and 185000 EXP

New OCD with a bunch of race cars. And expert challenge race.

Fiat 500 @ Trial Mountain
- Comfort Medium of Less, 65 HP or Less, 1000kg or Higher, Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08

Lotus Elise 111R @ Tsukuba
-Sports Hard or Less, 194 HP or Less, 860 KG or Higher, Lotus Elise 111R '04

Subaru Impreza Sedan @ Laguna Seca
-Sports Hard or Less, 394 HP or Less, 1250kg or Higher, Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '10

When a race is won, you win Prize Gift car coupon (1st place), Racing helmet (2nd place), Racing Suit (3rd place), Racing Helmet (4th place), Racing Suit (5th place). Helmet's and suits are random picks. These can only be won ONCE. Rewards and Experience for all positions up to where you placed are won only once.

Trial Mountain is Level 21 Class car
Tsukuba is Level 22 class car
Laguna Seca is Level 23 class car

New time trial and Drift race up too. Also, on bottom of that menu are a bunch of dots denoting menu items. Red dots - races, green - time trial, and yellow for Drift trials. Cool way to differentiate.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »

Wow, a level 22 and level 23 ticket. Something worth racing for. Prize money is good too.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »

Wow, a level 22 and level 23 ticket. Something worth racing for. Prize money is good too.

:yay
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »

Grabbed from GTP.

Trial Mountain - 900,000 Credits and 250,000 EXP
Tsukuba - 1,000,000 credits and 300,000 EXP
Laguna Seca - 1,100,000 Credits and 185000 EXP

New OCD with a bunch of race cars. And expert challenge race.

Fiat 500 @ Trial Mountain
- Comfort Medium of Less, 65 HP or Less, 1000kg or Higher, Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08

Lotus Elise 111R @ Tsukuba
-Sports Hard or Less, 194 HP or Less, 860 KG or Higher, Lotus Elise 111R '04

Subaru Impreza Sedan @ Laguna Seca
-Sports Hard or Less, 394 HP or Less, 1250kg or Higher, Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '10

When a race is won, you win Prize Gift car coupon (1st place), Racing helmet (2nd place), Racing Suit (3rd place), Racing Helmet (4th place), Racing Suit (5th place). Helmet's and suits are random picks. These can only be won ONCE. Rewards and Experience for all positions up to where you placed are won only once.

Trial Mountain is Level 21 Class car
Tsukuba is Level 22 class car
Laguna Seca is Level 23 class car

New time trial and Drift race up too. Also, on bottom of that menu are a bunch of dots denoting menu items. Red dots - races, green - time trial, and yellow for Drift trials. Cool way to differentiate.

Eeeexxxxcccceeleent!  This plays perfectly into my plans. Muwa haa haa haa.

moving on

quack

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 08:28:37 AM »

Another addition is there's now a set of "1 time prizes" for reaching certain goals in both the Time and Drift Trials in the Seasonal Events.  I've only done the Time Trials so far, 2 events with different cars / restrictions and each have Gold / Silver / Bronze target times to aim.  Much like the early Seasonal Events and the Special Events they are one time prizes and both were fairly easy to beat gold on, total for each event is 1 million credits + 1 random helmet + 2 random race suits .

I'd previously not paid much attention to the Time / Drift Trials because I'm just not that competitive in nature or driving prowess but that's definitely some nice incentives to run them whenever they're updated since they (at least the Time Trials) don't seem massively hard to achieve Gold on.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »

FUCK ing Lotus.  That POS kept me up all night...  And I still only finished 2st, behind by 1 second.  If anyone has a tune, PLEASE POST.  Close gear box seems to be a must.

Now I'm trying to collect FUCK ing outfits, what's next GT5 

It is truly a hateful car especially on that track, I've come very close to getting 1rd but still not quite though I think I know where I'm going wrong.  Trouble is you have to turn 5 almost perfect laps to catch up to the leader, 1 mistake and you're pretty much screwed.

For what it's worth I've thrown all the aero mods with max rear downforce, a 6-speed close gearbox (the 8000cr one I think), all the drivetrain bits and a full suspension on mine.  The aero and gearbox seemed to make the biggest difference for me, mostly now it's a case of tightening up the laps (not an easy task for a mediocre driver like me though :laugh).

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »

Somebody on GTP says the payouts increased for the old seasonals as well. Can't check myself, I'm still at "work", but I hope it's true. I'm still recovering from a huge purchase I made a couple weeks ago, be nice to get the funds built back up.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »

Somebody on GTP says the payouts increased for the old seasonals as well. Can't check myself, I'm still at "work", but I hope it's true. I'm still recovering from a huge purchase I made a couple weeks ago, be nice to get the funds built back up.

They have, all the old ones except for the latest Supercar one have been tripled.  So you can now get like 350k for a little over 4 minutes running 1 lap of Sarthe or 3 laps of the Autumn Ring in the French Seasonal as an example.  Even the old FF / FR / 4WD ones got the boost (so they're like 100k per win now) and the Ferrari Formula 1 one is 600k+ per race if I remember right.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 01:02:49 PM »

Jacked this from RackAttack. 
"
Elise 111R
Transmission: set to 119mph
LSD: 20 40 45
height -25s
springs 6.5 5.0
dampers (both) 3 5
sway bars 2 4
camber 1.2 0.6
toe 0.00 0.15
"

I'll give it a try when I get the chance.  Definitely looks different from what I came up with.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »

Did the experience points get trippled as well or just the credits?  I'd like to hit level 40 in A spec before I turn 80.

Brindle

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »

Did the experience points get trippled as well or just the credits?  I'd like to hit level 40 in A spec before I turn 80.

Two words...  rubber band.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 155   Go Up