• May 03, 2024, 10:40:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176957 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2011, 10:41:41 AM »

Thank you Chrome and co. for the seasonal tips. I got my 4 million easily. I used a Clio (at stock weight) for Rome, an F40 for Sarthe, and a Camaro for the drifting.

It seems that with the Subaru you can usually only do one input at a time, gas/brakes often doesn't mix well with steering, especially on turn in. I dropped my front spring rate a bit too, but haven't beaten it yet. Very close.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »

I've tried so many tuning adjustments on the Scooby, it's not funny. Started the race probably 30 times, I'm just not fast enough. Get a stray 1:36, but mostly 37's, 2rd place is all I can get out of that one.  :(

I was doing similar times until I figured out that I could reduce the weight.

Already there. I started out mild, but after no success with that, I threw every part at this thing you could, and full weight reduction. It's just not grippy enough for me, and I have a hard time at Laguna, always have.

I messed with a bunch of tune adjustments and the one that seemed to help the most so far was an LSD adjustment. I usually do a default 5/5/5 front 5/10/5 rear on. I changed the rear to 5/10/16 and it seems help it turn in when off throttle.

I'll try this.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Brindle

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »

I'll give you guys what I have on my scooby.  Ran lots of 34's and only won by 3 secs.  Came down to the second to last turn before I actually made it to first, so don't give up till you reach the front straight.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »

I'd just to make a note on the :fuck ing lotus.

ADD A CHASIS REINFORCEMENT BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING.  Nobodies tune felt driveable until I got the chasis reinforcement....  I set racing suspension to default, changed height -20/-20  Rollbars 3/3 Camber 1.0 /.5  The transmission was set to 128mph by top speed.  I then proceeded to :fuck ing shit all over the competition. So, chasis reinforcement is important in this suck ass car. 

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »

Chassis reinforcement occurs right after oil changes. Always.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »

I'd just to make a note on the FUCK ing lotus.

ADD A CHASIS REINFORCEMENT BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING.  Nobodies tune felt driveable until I got the chasis reinforcement....  I set racing suspension to default, changed height -20/-20  Rollbars 3/3 Camber 1.0 /.5  The transmission was set to 128mph by top speed.  I then proceeded to FUCK ing shit all over the competition. So, chasis reinforcement is important in this suck ass car. 

Are you talking about the upgrade in with weight reduction? I've never bought it. Maybe I should try it.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »

Chassis reinforcement occurs right after oil changes. Always.

i concur
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:41:35 PM by LastLeafFan »

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2011, 02:20:41 PM »

Anyone want to give tips on how to drift.  I keep fucking spinning in circles.  Whats a good car to try?  RWD, FWD, AWD, what is the best for this kind of event?  I'm guessing RWD, but I dunno.  What kind of power?  Same tires in front and back or are they mixed?

Thanks for the tips.  I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy suck at this.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »

for best results try RWD, low power, high torque, and less grippy tires.  You want to be able to "control" the slide so I wouldn't recommend Normal Hard...

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »

for best results try RWD, low power, high torque, and less grippy tires.  You want to be able to "control" the slide so I wouldn't recommend Normal Hard...

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2011, 04:19:07 PM »

Anyone want to give tips on how to drift.  I keep fucking spinning in circles.  Whats a good car to try?  RWD, FWD, AWD, what is the best for this kind of event?  I'm guessing RWD, but I dunno.  What kind of power?  Same tires in front and back or are they mixed?

Thanks for the tips.  I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy suck at this.

:stoopid:
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »

???    you're right.... I want to control the slide but the slide controls me......

If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »

Like Charlie said go for something with relatively low horsepower, I'm by no means a great drifter but I found that around 350hp to be a good number depending on the size / weight of the car and I actually completed both tracks for this week's Seasonal with my old '89 Nissan Silvia K's running about 330hp.

Tips wise I'd say to be sure and slow down for the corners where applicable, sometimes going in a touch slower that you would if you were just driving it can make it easier to control the drift.  Also don't worry about trying to do anything fancy like linking drifts to start with, there were many times when I've put in a good (for me) score and actually lost control just after exiting a scoring sector.

Taking time to practice is also something worth doing at the beginning, start out on a small and fairly simple track until you're comfortable with the mechanics as it can take time to get the hang of modulating the throttle and steering and wotnot.  A good track I started learning on was Tsukuba, it's got a good mix of corners and it's fairly short.  I started out just driving around that track (was actually in one of the early A-Spec races I was playing around in) with Comfort tires on playing with the throttle and powersliding around.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »

Yes turbo, the 20,000cr add-on.  I gave up with the suspension and ran default for a few tries.  Then figured I would try that.  Car was much more steady, then applied some simple changes to the default tune and I :fuck ed them up!  I hate this car with a passion... Doing this reminded me of the Top Gear event.... WTF...

Get a AWD car with comfort hards and ta-da.  I always use the C4 rally car, my favorite.  No tune or anything, just comfort hards.

Here's an old pic of my creating fog banks in deep forest.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2011, 06:24:28 PM »

Really all you need to drift is, Comfort tires, RWD, and a minimum of 200hp. Oh, and a dash of handbrake to get it started.  :D

Any car that meets those criteria will do. Just look at half the pics I post in the PW1002W thread.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 155   Go Up