• May 03, 2024, 11:46:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176960 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »

I learned  to drift (in GT4) using a '96 RX7, all stock. The earlier third generation RX7's ('91 and newer) were loose enough in GT to get sideways easily and stay that way. With tranny improvements and weight reduction, I bet it would kick ass. Or you could try out my shared Camaro. It's a heavy drifter at 1300kg, but it gets the job done, unless you lose the back end.

My opinion - unless you're really good at feeling the car's behavior in drift/oversteer/countersteer, a 900 degree wheel is hard to drift with. I learned with a 200 degree wheel and can't drift with my DFGT. I uesd a controller to gold these drifting events.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:04:13 AM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »

Turbo makes a damn good point...

I feel much more in control when using a controller drifting.  That's what I would recommend too.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »

Any one have any suggestions for the Subie race?  Best I can do is 1'36s finishing second place with the leader crossing the finish line as I turn onto the front stretch.

I'm running all mods with all my ballast moved to the back of the car, which seems to help with turning. LSD and suspension I've had all across the board from extreme soft to extreme hard. I'm running 20/80 power split and I'm to a point that I'm at a total loss as to how to cut my lap times.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2011, 06:11:07 AM »

I messed with a bunch of tune adjustments and the one that seemed to help the most so far was an LSD adjustment. I usually do a default 5/5/5 front 5/10/5 rear on. I changed the rear to 5/10/16 and it seems help it turn in when off throttle.

This is probably a good tip Dlr. I also used low front spring rate. My Subie had No wing, and No ballast added. Driving style is important. Some cars behave better than others when you try to turn while still braking, but this one doesn't, for me. Turn when you're releasing the brake, and be careful not to accelerate 'early'.

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2011, 07:20:41 AM »

For the Subaru, I added everything but engine upgrade 1-3 and turbo upgrdes, opted for 6speed close ratio.  Only tune I dialed in was setting ballast for 1250kg and positioning at +50.  Default settings ran 1' 34"s, 1' 35"s.  I think the default turbo makes a big difference here, don't know which you are using.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2011, 07:24:53 AM »

Borrowed dlrws6's Lotus as the only one I have is race modded but without making any adjustments won on third attempt. Thanks dlrws6 by the way.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »

Any one have any suggestions for the Subie race?  Best I can do is 1'36s finishing second place with the leader crossing the finish line as I turn onto the front stretch.

I'm running all mods with all my ballast moved to the back of the car, which seems to help with turning. LSD and suspension I've had all across the board from extreme soft to extreme hard. I'm running 20/80 power split and I'm to a point that I'm at a total loss as to how to cut my lap times.

My tune knocked 2 seconds off your time, I don't know if there is any more I can offer. After we parted that day I went and finished the weight reduction that you already had on yours and finished that one up, had to hit that R34 but I got it done.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »

Borrowed dlrws6's Lotus as the only one I have is race modded but without making any adjustments won on third attempt. Thanks dlrws6 by the way.

I guess I will have to borrow his car too. After using M3's tune I could only muster 5rd after 4 attempts.  :-\  :(
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Rated-M3

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • Because race car
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »

I guess I will have to borrow his car too. After using M3's tune I could only muster 5rd after 4 attempts.  :-\  :(

Yikes!  I guess to each, their own.   :-\

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »

Ronin's gearing is working really well for me (thanks buddy) had to go with my own suspension set up. within 5 sec now and I think most of that is operator error. Fiat and Lotus done, both shared
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »

Ronin's gearing is working really well for me (thanks buddy) had to go with my own suspension set up. within 5 sec now and I think most of that is operator error. Fiat and Lotus done, both shared

...Why did I think it was Dlr that I sat and practiced that race with....

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »

...Why did I think it was Dlr that I sat and practiced that race with....

I was doing my best Dlr impression............ QUACK!!!  :lolz
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »

lol   It was probably from all the GT500 practicing.

Regarding the subie I'm still at a loss.  Biggest improvement I've made is that I switched to bumper cam. I cut 1 second of my lap times but I'm still loosing to first by about 4 seconds.  Have I mentioned lately that I hate 4wd.  I guess I'll keep practicing. I hope this event is up for a few weeks cause I could really use the lvl 23 tick to finish up my race car collection.

Also I'm glad the lotus helped.  I'll put it back up on my share list for any one else that needs it.  I only wish I could rerun that race at least for the cash. It was a very enjoyable race, certainly my favorite of the set.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »

lol   It was probably from all the GT500 practicing.

That and sox was practicing for your mini Le Mans race when I found him I think.

question is...do I share the subie or or post the tranny?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 155   Go Up