• May 03, 2024, 04:33:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176974 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »

I found the Elise event pretty easy, even though I only won by about 1.5s I eventually did the Fiat event, only because I found a shared Fiat (Feldynn I think)

fenderburn

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • man of a thousand faces
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »

I can't do better than a 3rd with the Fiat 4th with the lotus and 5th with the subaru...what's your secret??  tell me tell me!!

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »

I can't do better than a 3rd with the Fiat 4th with the lotus and 5th with the subaru...

I haven't attempted the other two yet, but the FIAT one took a while to get right.

what's your secret??  tell me tell me!!

Practice... It probably took me more attempts than it should have.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2011, 05:23:20 AM »

I found the Elise event pretty easy

So did I, which was the one I was worried about. I thought the Scooby race would be easy, but no. Won the Fiat race on the 2th attempt.

I messed around with Scoob more last night. I hate not winning that race. Borrowed a couple cars, and I don't see how you guys drive those things.  I went back to mine, and tweaked it some more, then after turning off the LSD, found that it turned even better than it already did. Still, I'm not consistent enough on my laps. I thought I had it one time, but blew it on the last lap, the anger had consumed me by then, so I stopped.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

TunaRag

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
  • Sloganizing since 2006
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2011, 06:22:51 AM »

already another seanonal?
Civic race?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2011, 08:09:17 AM »

I can't do better than a 3rd with the Fiat 4th with the lotus and 5th with the subaru...what's your secret??  tell me tell me!!

The Fiat was pretty easy but there was something I did differently....I always race in automatic tranny but when Mouse told me it did not like to down shift from fifth I opted to do that race in manual, but that's not the secret. The secret for the Fiat is not adding power to the machine and dialing it back with the restricter plate.

Of course, if you are still getting frustrated with the Fiat, you could always picture my Uncle behind the wheel....

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »

The secret for the Fiat is not adding power to the machine and dialing it back with the restricter plate.

I disagree, Mine was already loaded up with the usual stuff, all bolt ons. That car is all about being smooth, and maintaining momentum, no secret there.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »

The secret for the Fiat is not adding power to the machine and dialing it back with the restricter plate.

I disagree, Mine was already loaded up with the usual stuff, all bolt ons. That car is all about being smooth, and maintaining momentum, no secret there.

:stoopid:

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2011, 08:43:46 AM »

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »

Being smooth, and maintaining momentum goes with out saying, If I am wrong to assume that everyone here knows that, then so beit. Anywho, my brother is smoother on track than I am in these little cars and he was unable to accomplish it with the bolt on power components, after he removed them he got it done first try, so there is something to that.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »

:stoopid: & :stoopid:
The hard part is actually doing it.  :lolz
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2011, 09:04:17 AM »

The practice earned while failing many times can suddenly pay off when you make a small change.

Which had more effect: the hours of practice, the small change or just dumb luck?

For me, it was hours of practice and paying close attention to lap times - there was no 4 second winning gap.
The only change to the car was to lower power as the engine got broken in. I milked every ounce of HP.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »

For the Fiat race I learned after a few tries that I needed to hug every corner.  I mean, make the track even shorter. Does that makes any sense?  Especially coming down the hill after the tunnel.  

Get left as far as you can in that turn.  I mean, licking the wall close.  It shaves time.   .10's off in that one turn alone.  

Also, I think I used the brakes only one time and that was to set myself up for that big downhill left hand turn after the tunnel.  besides that, I used the tires to scrub off the required speed.  That kept me from losing that ever important momentum.

I cant help you with the Lotus.  I like that car.  It was an easy one for me to do.  I guess my advice would be to never fully lift off the gas, even under braking, to maintain the cars balance.

The Subi event kicked my ass and I relented to borrowing Wizards car.  Got gold the first try.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:22:24 PM by Boston77Bruins »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »

After 4 attempts with Wizard's ride I only managed 2th. You just can't make any mistakes, which I couldn't do. :-\ Meh
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »

I found the Elise event pretty easy

So did I, which was the one I was worried about. I thought the Scooby race would be easy, but no. Won the Fiat race on the 2th attempt.

I messed around with Scoob more last night. I hate not winning that race. Borrowed a couple cars, and I don't see how you guys drive those things.  I went back to mine, and tweaked it some more, then after turning off the LSD, found that it turned even better than it already did. Still, I'm not consistent enough on my laps. I thought I had it one time, but blew it on the last lap, the anger had consumed me by then, so I stopped.

Did you by chance try mine? I'm wondering from someone else's perspective how my "tune" (if you can call it that) compares to others. I was able to win with, passing the Skyline on the last turn entering the straight (once you get beside him, he kind of gives up and pulls over, or he did for me. Maybe he thought I was a cop). Also, depending on just how bad you want to win, you can make up a lot of time at the corkscrew if you take the Zanardi route.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 155   Go Up