SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 05:46:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176979 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »

I was able to win with, passing the Skyline on the last turn entering the straight (once you get beside him, he kind of gives up and pulls over, or he did for me. Maybe he thought I was a cop).

This happens far too often to be just a coincidence. As soon as you pass most AI, they just give up. It's almost as noticeable as braking on the exit of curves. [groan]

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2011, 06:47:15 AM »

Instead of starting way behind, I think it would be a lot more fun if the AI were stacked up with you.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »

Quite a few GT events now start us in the middle of the pack (more than previous releases?), but it usually doesn't take all that much to get to the front. On top of that, though, there usually is only one rabbit to chase. I find that unnecessary (as far as having fun goes). Surely PD could do better.

AirCav1970

« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »

Thanks Wizard for making you subi available. I ran a shake down run in it and couldn't get it to turn at all, but still managed a 2th. A minor tweak to the dampers and a slight adjustment to the rear downforce and I was able to spank the last skyline by 4 secs. Thanks again.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2011, 09:25:44 PM »

The new seasonal events are up..

British Lightweights - 1200kg or less, 550pp or less
Opponents will mostly be 423-492pp (158-245hp depending on weight) using Comfort: Soft tires

Tsukuba - 5 laps - 366,300
Cote'd Azur - 5 laps - 399,000
London - 5 laps - 381,300
Nurburgring - 1 lap - 439,500
Mt. Aso - 5 laps - 392,400

1st place = Credits + Racing helmet / suit
2nd place = Credits + paint
3rd place = Credits + horn

Prizes given every time you win!

Don't forget to check out the Time / Drift trials, they've been updated too and are similar to last weeks.

Time Trials

Zoidbergring 24hr
394hp, 1000kg, Racing: Hard tires, any car
One off prize total - 1mil credits + 1x racing helmet + 2x racing suit

Indianapolis Super Speedway
690hp, 1200kg, Sports: Hard tires, production cars only

Drift Trials

Cape Ring North

Laguna Seca
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:25:26 AM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2011, 05:37:41 AM »

Cool set of events. Thanks for the data Feldynn. I wonder if you could use the same TVR to do every event...? I'll have to try that tonight.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:27 AM »

Cool set of events. Thanks for the data Feldynn. I wonder if you could use the same TVR to do every event...? I'll have to try that tonight.

I want to say "yes", the Indy time trial might be a bit tough depending on which TVR you use (thinking of the maximum HP) but should be easy enough to get the prizes.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2011, 06:34:13 AM »

I want to say "yes", the Indy time trial might be a bit tough depending on which TVR you use (thinking of the maximum HP) but should be easy enough to get the prizes.

I know I beat the Sarthe TT with 300hp ( a ~500hp event). I don't know how high the TVRs can get their hp, but I'll try. I'll have to give in and do the irreversable engine mods, which I usually avoid. If I can't do it in a Speed 6 of some variety, I'll stay with the UK and unleash a McLaren F1. Or I could detune my other car that I won't name. No sense having a 1-2 million dollar super car if I'm not going to drive it. Actually, if you can detune a McLaren F1 to 550PP, it could be used for every new event. God that's lazy. One thing for sure, I'm not using comfort tires for Racing unless it's the only option.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »

I'm gonna try and use this little jewel...

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »

I'm so pissed they changed up the OCD last night too!  I had been saving up for a few more of the race cars.  Checked that they were there last night, figured out how much cash I needed, and started grinding.  Exited the race and hit the dealership to buy and WTF HOLY HELL, everything is JUST IN, and it's a bunch of crappy 80's rally cars and almost truck like vehicles!  I didn't think it would update without me leaving my home area, but what a kick in the balls that was.  I wish I knew it was coming so I coulda cashed out early and at least bought 1 or 2 of the 4 or 5 cars I was grinding for... I want the last OCD back!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »

Seems like the Time Trials this week are a bit harder to get gold than last week's ones, definitely not 1 lap and gold that's for sure!

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »

:stoopid:

Both are challenging in their own way. I decided to try this afternoon. At Indy, I tried a 550hp Cerbera Speed 6, I think I got Bronze, barely. I went full HP -690- with a Supra RZ (~1300KG), Veyron (~1400kg), and Z06 (at 1200kg) I think I got silver with the Vette. I gave in and grabbed the McLaren F1, adjusted the weight, boosted the hp, and instantly got gold - by about 4 tenths. With a few laps, I beat the Gold time by ~1.4sec.

At the Ring, I went straight to Apex SuperAutobacs MR-S race car (GT300), boosted hp to 385, and got Gold by about 7 seconds.

It's funny what people are doing at these TT's. I think the top 250 times at Indy are R390 Road Car, NSX-R LM Road Car, and GT by Citroen Road Car. I stopped looking after that. At the Ring, the top bunch of times are posted by detuned LMP or similar cars - Peugeot 908, Toyota GT-One, etc

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »

Yup, I think car choice is definitely the key to this week's ones, especially with Indy.  I tried a few times with a Ford GT, Lambo Gallardo and TVR Speed 12 but couldn't get any better than bronze, then I saw yours (or someone else's) time from the Friend's Times list in the McLaren F1 of 53.xxx so I figured I'd try the one I had, did the same thing as you and got 55.018 the first time and a low 54 the next lap.

Biggest issue I had with the Zoidbergring was actually staying on track long enough to post a legal time lol, though I did try a couple of cars first (Lexus Weds Sports IS350 and Acura NSX RM) too before I finally settled on my trusty old Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car (turned TC up to 1 to be safe) and nailed it on the first run.

Yeah I saw those cars in the top times too, PD definitely needs to tighten the regulations IMO.  There's nothing "production car" about that NSX-R LM Road car, I mean it's even the full title which is "NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car".. prototype, lol.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »

I started out with Indy in my MurciƩlago, got frustrated when mid run my router cut out after I bronzed it, I switched to the Gallardo and silvered it. Then I took a break and played and raided Loony's lounge and chased him around and scared a couple seconds out of his lap times then over to Baked's lounge for a wile, when I went back to it I changed cars again and found I could do both time trials in one car with one lap. The car is shared. You'll need to slide the power slider back up for Indy tho.

Provided I still have this car on my master account I should be able to keep my helmet and suit factory running at full output.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 155   Go Up