SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176969 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »

I'm gonna try and use this little jewel...

:ditto

A very, very fun ride...  Love the acceleration, hate the top end or lack thereof - remember to adjust it or you'll bounce at like 109mph (yeah, it says 112 but it did it at 109). 

Mine looks like it belongs to the Pink Panther. 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2011, 08:47:46 AM »

Haven't had a chance to try the Jag yet, but I did attempt Tsukuba with the Triumph Spitfire at 426pp on SS tires on my alt ID. It's not quite fast enough to catch the leaders, but I think stage 2 turbo might do it. It's very drifty on SS tires, even though it only has 157hp.

If you want to kill the AI(Tsukuba), the the Tuscan Speed 6 on RS tires will take the lead on lap 4, and have at least half the field a lap down, by the end of the race.  :o
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:30 AM »

If you want to kill the AI(Tsukuba), the the Tuscan Speed 6 on RS tires will take the lead on lap 4, and have at least half the field a lap down, by the end of the race.  :o

That's about what I had to do to get a win at Tsukuba :), I too tried the Spitfire first with a few more PPs (I think in the 480 range) and just was actually losing time on the lead Elise.  Gave up a few times at about 6 laps and 40 seconds or more behind, just wasn't worth it, granted the car wasn't really tuned since I just stuffed some mods on it but still those Elises seem way too fast to me.  Ended up burning it up with my TVR Tamora, mildly modded with Sports: Soft (I think).

Seems like it's one extreme to the other though, at London I had similar problems one time with my Spitfire and an Elise out front but then I switched to a TVR V8S (about 480pp or so with sports hard, I think, tires) and stomped all over the AI because there were only a few Elises and they got stuck behind some slower cars lol. 

Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if PD didn't give the AI such a godawful lead from the get go, though I did laugh on the Mt. Aso track!  I managed to get the lead fairly earlier then realised why, laughed so hard when I saw the 3 Elises I'd just passed come flying up over the last corner and spin each other all over the main straight :).  That one's huge fun to drive on and I wish it could be saved for us to use online.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2011, 12:19:25 PM »

Yup, I think car choice is definitely the key to this week's ones, especially with Indy.  I tried a few times with a Ford GT, Lambo Gallardo and TVR Speed 12 but couldn't get any better than bronze, then I saw yours (or someone else's) time from the Friend's Times list in the McLaren F1 of 53.xxx so I figured I'd try the one I had, did the same thing as you and got 55.018 the first time and a low 54 the next lap.

Biggest issue I had with the Zoidbergring was actually staying on track long enough to post a legal time lol, though I did try a couple of cars first (Lexus Weds Sports IS350 and Acura NSX RM) too before I finally settled on my trusty old Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car (turned TC up to 1 to be safe) and nailed it on the first run.

I found with the Zoidbergring....I pulled it off in one attempt, I was not trying to get it done in one attempt, infact I did not care what the time of my first lap was going to be. I litterally ran it with the same setup I ran at Indy minus some 300 HP and I ended up running an 8:55...there in lies the secret, don't try, just let it roll. Just worry about getting a lap done and not how fast.

Yeah I saw those cars in the top times too, PD definitely needs to tighten the regulations IMO.  There's nothing "production car" about that NSX-R LM Road car, I mean it's even the full title which is "NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car".. prototype, lol.

Actually, those cars R390 GT1, GT One and whatnot, when they where built, they where endered into a class that required the car be based on a production car and the companies built just enough of the road cars to make the race cars elidgible in their class. Your arguement on the NSX-R LM Road car however I do agree with since the race model was one of PD's dream cars. That said, I feel the R390 GT-1 Road car, GT-one road car are elidgible and I have no complaints about them. But cars like the NSX-R LM Road car and the GT by Citroen road cars should not, simply because they are PD's fantasy cars. Wile the GT by Citroen does exist, it was built on PD's request so until I see one on track, it does not count, IMHO.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »

I found with the Zoidbergring....I pulled it off in one attempt, I was not trying to get it done in one attempt, infact I did not care what the time of my first lap was going to be. I litterally ran it with the same setup I ran at Indy minus some 300 HP and I ended up running an 8:55...there in lies the secret, don't try, just let it roll. Just worry about getting a lap done and not how fast.

That's kind of how it was when I jumped in the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car, figured "hell with it" and just drove the track and got an 8:48 I think.  Then trying again with the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car I was back to struggling to get a lap again, because I was trying to post a faster time with a "faster" (in terms of different class / more HP to reduce) and ended up only being a few seconds faster.

Actually, those cars R390 GT1, GT One and whatnot, when they where built, they where endered into a class that required the car be based on a production car and the companies built just enough of the road cars to make the race cars elidgible in their class. Your arguement on the NSX-R LM Road car however I do agree with since the race model was one of PD's dream cars. That said, I feel the R390 GT-1 Road car, GT-one road car are elidgible and I have no complaints about them. But cars like the NSX-R LM Road car and the GT by Citroen road cars should not, simply because they are PD's fantasy cars. Wile the GT by Citroen does exist, it was built on PD's request so until I see one on track, it does not count, IMHO.

I understand what you're saying about the R390 Road Car, in fact I think that might be why it kind of bothers me somewhat lol.  It's a road car that was built solely to validate the race car version rather than being a pre-existing production car (or even a special edition production car) that was the base for race car even if only in general appearance.

If the Wikipedia Nissan R390 GT1 page is to be believed it looks like they only built two of the road cars (one kept in storage and one sold in an undisclosed auction) to basically use a loophole in the regulations which ended up getting changed.  While it might technically be a production road car by the race regulations at the time I just don't feel like a production run of 2 cars (that were built solely to allow the race car to pass said regulations) really qualifies it as a normal production car, at least not in the spirit of things anyway.

But that is just me, I'm a bit weird about stuff like that :D.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

That's kind of how it was when I jumped in the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car, figured "hell with it" and just drove the track and got an 8:48 I think.  Then trying again with the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car I was back to struggling to get a lap again, because I was trying to post a faster time with a "faster" (in terms of different class / more HP to reduce) and ended up only being a few seconds faster.

:stoopid:

Touring cars and the 'ring go together like bacon and....... whatever

If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »

Took a one time stab at the Fiat challenge. Came up 2th behind by 16 secs.  :-\  Why is this crap box in an expert event.  ???
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »

Won all 5 events with the '61 Jag, put it on R3s, as it's very tail happy. Fun ride for sure.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2011, 05:59:09 AM »

Apparently, there's a glitch at the Ring 24hr TT, to get your time way down. According to posts on GTP, you can see what they, positions 1 & 2  are doing in their replays.

Not something I would take advantage of, but if you're trying to get up on the leaderboard, that'll be a factor.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2011, 06:17:12 AM »

Is it really that satisfying to get to the top by cheating?  :(

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2011, 07:18:07 AM »

Is it really that satisfying to get to the top by cheating?  :(

Apparently so, I can't think of any game with some sort of online "leaderboard" that doesn't appear to be topped by cheaters / exploiters.  Even LittleBigPlanet seems that way, most levels when I bothered to look at the end I'd finish with a reasonable run and get say 20k points but the top players are at 950k+, somehow I just can't see over 900k difference even with my mediocre abilities lol.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2011, 07:56:23 AM »

Apparently, there's a glitch at the Ring 24hr TT, to get your time way down. According to posts on GTP, you can see what they, positions 1 & 2  are doing in their replays.

Not something I would take advantage of, but if you're trying to get up on the leaderboard, that'll be a factor.

If anyone has a proven way that players use to cheat, please let me know and I will pass on the details to SCEA. They may not respond as quickly as they did when I reported the Academy problems with cheating, but at least we can help each other to get PD to close them down.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »

If anyone has a proven way that players use to cheat, please let me know and I will pass on the details to SCEA. They may not respond as quickly as they did when I reported the Academy problems with cheating, but at least we can help each other to get PD to close them down.

Just watch 1rd place's replay, that'll be all the proof needed, that and the fact that his time is a 7:05. His username is szarka_HUN. I'm watching his replay now, and he had already exploited the glitch before the replay started.
2th place has a really low time as well, haven't watched his replay yet.

Edit: 2th place glitched it too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:44:56 PM by ChromeTuna »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »

Where is this replay, in-game or on the web?  :-\

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »

If y'all are looking to "ace" the British Lightweights Challenge, try the TVR Tamora from the premium Garage.  It really rocks.....Max it out, add and distribute weight and use the Power slider to "dial down" to the competition level (difficulty level) that you want to run.....Fun car when tuned properly! 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 155   Go Up