• May 03, 2024, 12:22:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176961 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:13 PM »

Just ran through the first race at Trial Mountain, you're not allowed to tune the car in any way save for adjusting some of the Driver Aids (not ideal, but ok..), biggest thing to note is that Skid Recovery Force is forced ON.  This IMO is a bad idea, it basically made this race stupidly easy to the point that even with my wild "it's AI so I don't care" driving style, numerous bad corners / wall slams and almost rolling the car at least once on that last corner thing I still managed to finish 10 seconds ahead of the 2nd place car. 

If I was actually trying to drive well I'd imagine I'd have been another 5-10 seconds further ahead on top of that, I just checked the final Suzuka race for the special outfit and it's the same.. Skid Recovery Force ON, don't have time to run it right now but unless the 1st place car starts stupidly far in front (which it might) it'll likely be too easy.  I'd have thought for the special prize like that that it would be harder (i.e. no SRF) so maybe it's an error on PD's part jamming that aid on, I don't know.

I will say this though, I did enjoy blasting around Trial Mountain in a Nascar so it's a shame there's no repeat prize / incentive to redo the races.  Even if after you receive the initial big prize + ticket the rewards switch to basic seasonal payouts like 300k and a helmet / suit for 1st place that'd be more than enough incentive, at least for me, to rerun them a few times.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »

For the life of me, I just don't see any VWs, either, and I still need a Beetle RSi.  :P

All you needed to do was ask...   I have a slightly used one (12K miles) from "Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo" - I fixed it to run the event but I ran older Vdubs (standard and ghia) instead.   

The network seems to be down at the moment but when it comes back I will stick it on an e-card and send it your way...

Which reminds me...   Hey Revengel, I was going to send you a 1970 ticket (think about a second Chaparral - the one you like; only a zero miles one...) but you ain't on my Friend's List...  What's up with that?  :huh
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:31:03 PM by CharlieTuna »

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2011, 11:18:27 PM »

On the Real Circuits...

What did y'all use for the :fuck MeRunningBullShitRing race?      I pass the first three cars on the GP portion and then fall behind for the rest of the :fuck ing race...  (Using the same car I used for the others but my gearing must suck.  Any advice?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »

For the life of me, I just don't see any VWs, either, and I still need a Beetle RSi.  :P

All you needed to do was ask...   I have a slightly used one (12K miles) from "Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo" - I fixed it to run the event but I ran older Vdubs (standard and ghia) instead.

Oh, that's quite all right. It's good to have goals.  ^-^  :lolz

I used the opportunity to get some high cash racing done on the Numbnutz Ring and I now have a bit more than half of the cars, including some moderately expensive ones, so it's all good. I still need to work up to the highly expensive ones, but I needed this RSi first. That part is over.

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »

the seasonal event to get jeff gordon attire is incredibly easy so are al the others still got 2 to do but i dont have time this morning to do them
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2011, 01:12:20 AM »

I will stick it on an e-card and send it your way...

:huh  This will take a day or so based on gift restrictions.  I need to get it to an id that has MastrGT on the Friends List (i.e. my original PSN)  I have two RSi's to choose from; both used.  I've never driven either one though I painted one for a past evnet.  One has like 36K miles and the other has just over 12K - the 12K is now Reflex Purple...  Which would you prefer?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2011, 01:34:38 AM »

One finally showed up on Saturday, Charlietuna.

I'm not sure at this time how many miles are on it, so I'll compare them to see if there is any advantage.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2011, 05:28:13 AM »

On the Real Circuits...

What did y'all use for the FUCK MeRunningBullShitRing race?      I pass the first three cars on the GP portion and then fall behind for the rest of the FUCK ing race...  (Using the same car I used for the others but my gearing must suck.  Any advice?

RMed ZR1 at 686pp, I was able to win all the races. I actually ran the LSD in a very tight setup. High acceleration sens. setting kept the car somewhat calm.

I can post my tune when I get home, if interested.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2011, 05:51:01 AM »

On the Real Circuits...

What did y'all use for the FUCK MeRunningBullShitRing race?      I pass the first three cars on the GP portion and then fall behind for the rest of the FUCK ing race...  (Using the same car I used for the others but my gearing must suck.  Any advice?

I've done it easily in the Minolta, 908(with RKM tune),Mazda 787,Sauber C9 and the Ford GT test car. I can send tunes if you like Charlie
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #399 on: August 30, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »

On the Real Circuits...

I tried the Audi R10... instant death. Then I found the answer:

Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team PlayStation Oreca) '05. Racing Softs. Cake.

(just don't let go of the steering wheel on the straight or you will crash. And lose. And die.)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #400 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »

I think I ended up winning the Nurb with the Nissan R92CP Racecar with Racing Softs and the Stage 3 Turbo to kick it over the 1000hp mark.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »

So I put my new Special Outfit to good use, I've Jeffercized one of my B-Spec drivers.. that's right, I now have a Jeff-Bob :D.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »

So I put my new Special Outfit to good use, I've Jeffercized one of my B-Spec drivers.. that's right, I now have a Jeff-Bob :D.

just stay away from Neil-.  :o
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »

On the Real Circuits...

I've done it easily in the Minolta, 908(with RKM tune),Mazda 787,Sauber C9 and the Ford GT test car. I can send tunes if you like Charlie
One of my favorite cars. its what I used as well.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »

I was in a 723pp FAP...   And that feels like what I am doing out there.   

fap.  fap..  fap...

:(
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 155   Go Up