SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 02:34:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176969 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #420 on: September 22, 2011, 06:33:36 AM »

I wish I had the time to do some of these.  :'(  :(
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #421 on: September 22, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »

I can't wait to win even more racing suits and helmets that don't do a FUCKING thing except take up space.  Susej!!!

Give parts out.  Tires, weight reductions, etc.  Something that we can actually use in the damn game would be nice.

So tired of PD and that monster of an ego they carry around.  Battlefield 3 can't come soon enough. 

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #422 on: September 22, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »

I can't wait to win even more racing suits and helmets that don't do a FUCKING thing except take up space.  Susej!!!

Give parts out.  Tires, weight reductions, etc.  Something that we can actually use in the damn game would be nice.

:stoopid:
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #423 on: September 22, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »

So tired of PD and that monster of an ego they carry around.  Battlefield 3 can't come soon enough. 

I don't mind the helmets and suits.  I've got all the cars and can afford all the parts that I would need.  Kind of nice to have something different.  Most of the suits kind of suck though so now that I've got a combo that I like for my driver there isn't much incentive.  The big problem is that the  racing sucks.  The ai is horrible the give up as soon as you start your pass.  Most of the events are too easy if you are not careful and I don't have the time or motivation to try and make them harder.  Not my idea of fun.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #424 on: September 22, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »

Most of the events are too easy if you are not careful

And most of them are too short. Having some races that are twenty to fifty laps on most tracks would go some of the way to improving the off-line races. I miss those.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #425 on: September 22, 2011, 10:29:15 AM »

The big problem is that the  racing sucks.  The ai is horrible the give up as soon as you start your pass.  Most of the events are too easy if you are not careful and I don't have the time or motivation to try and make them harder.  Not my idea of fun.

:stoopid: I've been saying for a while I wish they could release more "races" instead of the seasonals.  Granted it's fun and all, but I'm quite tired of a "pass all the cars" race(?) where it's impossible to find the perfect handicap, and even if you match the lead cars specs they start so much ahead of you that you basically HAVE to overpower the other cars to have a chance at first.  I want RACING, you know, where everyone does laps together in similar cars, and there's passing goin on both directions.  Eh, I guess looking back even the a-spec "races" weren't usually a field of similar cars, was always only 1 or 2 you really had to compete with.

Oh well, this is why aside from still building up my garage and occasionally raking in cash by golding the seasonals a single time, I've come to GT5 only for the multiplayer, and thank goodness for guys like you all here to race with! :jimi:

There is 1 thing I'm left patiently waiting for...  ENDURANCE SAVES!  I want to beat the last 2 24 hour enduro's in a-spec but not as they are!  I still have 1 left in b-spec honestly I think, and maybe the fgt series there too...  one day I'll complete this game, one day!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #426 on: September 22, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »

The big problem is that the  racing sucks.  The ai is horrible the give up as soon as you start your pass.  Most of the events are too easy if you are not careful and I don't have the time or motivation to try and make them harder.  Not my idea of fun.

:stoopid: I've been saying for a while I wish they could release more "races" instead of the seasonals.  Granted it's fun and all, but I'm quite tired of a "pass all the cars" race(?) where it's impossible to find the perfect handicap, and even if you match the lead cars specs they start so much ahead of you that you basically HAVE to overpower the other cars to have a chance at first.  I want RACING, you know, where everyone does laps together in similar cars, and there's passing goin on both directions.  Eh, I guess looking back even the a-spec "races" weren't usually a field of similar cars, was always only 1 or 2 you really had to compete with.

Oh well, this is why aside from still building up my garage and occasionally raking in cash by golding the seasonals a single time, I've come to GT5 only for the multiplayer, and thank goodness for guys like you all here to race with! :jimi:

There is 1 thing I'm left patiently waiting for...  ENDURANCE SAVES!  I want to beat the last 2 24 hour enduro's in a-spec but not as they are!  I still have 1 left in b-spec honestly I think, and maybe the fgt series there too...  one day I'll complete this game, one day!

I'm with you on this.  There's usually not a happy medium car you can run.  I have a similar issue with my go-to endurance race.  The 4-hour run at the Ring pays good credits for 4 hours work, but the cars are so dissimilar.  To keep the four hour monotony interesting, I try to take a car that runs with the lead car in the field, but that lead car is so much faster than the other cars, it's just you and the one other car. 

To be honest, and I was thinking about this just yesterday, I really miss the way some of the Prologue races were set up.  They gave you the car, the PP/tires, and the track...and we took it from there. 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #427 on: September 28, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »

New Seasonal goodness has been thrust upon us!

Japanese 90's Challenge!
Use any Japanese car built during the 1990's, up to 450PP on any tires.
Opponents will be 409-416PP on Sports: Hard tires.

Grand Valley East - 5 Laps
1st = 416k Cr. + Helmet
2nd = 253k Cr. + Paint
3rd = 222k Cr. + Horn

Trial Mountain - 5 Laps
1st = 393k Cr. + Suit
2nd = 238k Cr. + Paint
3rd = 209k Cr. + Horn

Fuji Speedway F - 5 Laps
1st = 435k Cr. + Helmet
2nd = 265k Cr. + Paint
3rd = 233k Cr. + Horn

Cote d'Azur - 5 Laps
1st = 463k Cr. + Suit
2nd = 282k Cr. + Paint
3rd = 247k Cr. + Horn

Toscana - 5 Laps
1st = 490k Cr. + Helmet
2nd = 298k Cr. + Paint
3rd = 262k Cr. + Horn

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #428 on: October 05, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »

Trials and OCD update tonight..

Time Trials
Japanese 90's Deep Forest (Reverse)
Comfort: Soft
345HP or less
1000kg or more
Japanese "normal" cars made in the 90's

PP750 Cape Ring Outside
Racing: Hard
750PP or less
Any car

Drift Trials
Eiger Nordwand G Trail (reverse)
Autumn Ring Mini

All payouts are as usual, 1 mil Cr. + 1 helmet + 2 suits for a clean sweep.

OCD has been restocked with majoritively a variety of mid / high end race cars and a few oddball non-race cars.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #429 on: October 05, 2011, 10:33:07 PM »

I used a RM Civic @ 420pp for the last group of seasonals...   (hint hint)

Might make for a nice evnet...
:think

:movie

[mumbles something like Ahnuld - eyes blinking like a T1000 - and hurriedly swims off towards the Grotto whistling some Johan Sebastian...]  :winkwink

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #430 on: October 06, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »

I used a RM Civic @ 420pp for the last group of seasonals...   (hint hint)

Might make for a nice evnet...

[mumbles something like Ahnuld - eyes blinking like a T1000 - and hurriedly swims off towards the Grotto whistling some Johan Sebastian...] 

RM civic won't work, they fixed that bug. I had to get out of mine last week just to get into the Monaco one last session.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #431 on: October 06, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »

I ran my seasonals there Monday and Tuesday of this week...  Did they just block the RM Honda yesterday? 

Anyway, I was just mentioning it because it would make for a nice drive-in car...   (and it will...)  ;D

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »

I ran my seasonals there Monday and Tuesday of this week...  Did they just block the RM Honda yesterday? 

Anyway, I was just mentioning it because it would make for a nice drive-in car...   (and it will...)  ;D

Now that I think about it it was my RM Integra that they said was not "Normal" Never the less it is an RM and it (should be) safe to assume the RM takes it's normal status away.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #433 on: October 06, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »

I ran my seasonals there Monday and Tuesday of this week...  Did they just block the RM Honda yesterday?  

Anyway, I was just mentioning it because it would make for a nice drive-in car...   (and it will...)  ;D

Now that I think about it it was my RM Integra that they said was not "Normal" Never the less it is an RM and it (should be) safe to assume the RM takes it's normal status away.

I'm sure it will...  Soon...    :D

But an RM Civic at 420pp evnet will be coming to a theatre in the very near future, a little "bird" told me...    ;)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #434 on: October 06, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »

I ran my seasonals there Monday and Tuesday of this week...  Did they just block the RM Honda yesterday?  

Anyway, I was just mentioning it because it would make for a nice drive-in car...   (and it will...)  ;D

I'm sure it will...  Soon...    :D

But an RM Civic at 420pp evnet will be coming to a theatre in the very near future, a little "bird" told me...    ;)

FAMILY GUY - Bird is the Word!
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 155   Go Up