SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 11:35:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176959 times)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #570 on: December 19, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »

Any tips on the Ring drift, 1rd corner .  :-\

Sorry Looney, I don't drift cars at all............  Maybe that's why I don't do well with the regular races anymore.  I guess I'm just gettin' old.  :-\

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2011, 08:15:08 PM »

Lots of speed, not neccessarily lots of power. The FT86 I used has about 375hp. Hit t1 in 5th, and hoped for the best. Started up high, initiated with the handbrake, and full throttle. The banking will pull you down to the inside, but with enough speed, you'll get all the way around, before you get to the bottom.

I'm still trying to determine where exactly is the prime scoring line is on these drift evnets. Sometimes it appears to be the same as the racing line, sometimes not.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:18:41 PM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #572 on: December 19, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #573 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »

Time Trial
Racing Kart 100 Kart Space I Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2011/12/14 22:00 - 2011/12/28 22:00
Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

Time Trial
Nissan GT-R N24 Nürburgring GP/F Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2011/12/14 22:00 - 2011/12/28 22:00
Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

Anyone don't want to spend 500,000$ to get the GT-R N24 Schulze needed for the online event ?

I bought one and shared it.  I increased power to max allowed.  No weight or time improvement allowed.

No tune, though.  It's enough to get a gold.  If I can get gold with this tune, anyone here can do it  :)

Yves

How do you get this car without stealing it from Yves?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2011, 11:07:40 PM »

Buy it from the Nissan dealer.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #575 on: December 20, 2011, 05:56:33 AM »

Lots of speed, not neccessarily lots of power. The FT86 I used has about 375hp. Hit t1 in 5th, and hoped for the best. Started up high, initiated with the handbrake, and full throttle. The banking will pull you down to the inside, but with enough speed, you'll get all the way around, before you get to the bottom.

I'm still trying to determine where exactly is the prime scoring line is on these drift evnets. Sometimes it appears to be the same as the racing line, sometimes not.  :-\

Ironically I took the opposite approach, Slow and steady along the stereotypical driving line of in wide through tight out wide. Starting medium wide at low speed, initiated with the torque in first and second gears coming out of the turn out near the far wall. I took the usual R-34 Blitz machine I have been using for a wile now as well. As long as the tires are spinning the banking does not influence it as much as people would think, it's when you begin to bite in, in high gears that it becomes a problem and you find your self driving down into the fence.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #576 on: December 20, 2011, 06:07:19 AM »

That Blitz has 5-600hp right? Which allows for a slower approach, that's why the Speed 12 is so popular. It can maintain a drift in 4th gear doing only 40mph. I had to get the FT86 rolling to make it all the way around.

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #577 on: December 20, 2011, 06:21:59 AM »

theres a prize car now avalible for getting gold in all the events in the seasonals in each category
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #578 on: December 20, 2011, 06:28:00 AM »

That Blitz has 5-600hp right? Which allows for a slower approach, that's why the Speed 12 is so popular. It can maintain a drift in 4th gear doing only 40mph. I had to get the FT86 rolling to make it all the way around.

It's also turboed meaning it does not break free instantly and when it begins to bite, it really bites making it a little harder to work with. As for power, I am not sure right off hand, I'll have the check the car when I get home from work. I do know it currently sits in my garage at 588 pp, that is the only way I can tell the drift one from the other one in there.

*EDIT* yeah, 587 HP in my drift car.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:26:01 AM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #579 on: December 20, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »

theres a prize car now avalible for getting gold in all the events in the seasonals in each category

And they're back-dated prizes too!  Even though they removed a bunch of the older Seasonals there are still like 4 old ones, if you got 1st place / gold for every race in each section you will get a free ticket when you enter the section.. so say you got all gold in the Euro Hot-hatch Challenge earlier in the week, simply go to the race list for that event and you'll pick up a free prize ticket.

I forget all the ticket numbers but I definitely got a level 18 and 20 ticket for two of them, so it's well worth 60 seconds to click into each Seasonal Event.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #580 on: December 20, 2011, 07:51:42 AM »

And they're back-dated prizes too!  Even though they removed a bunch of the older Seasonals there are still like 4 old ones, if you got 1st place / gold for every race in each section you will get a free ticket when you enter the section.. so say you got all gold in the Euro Hot-hatch Challenge earlier in the week, simply go to the race list for that event and you'll pick up a free prize ticket.

I forget all the ticket numbers but I definitely got a level 18 and 20 ticket for two of them, so it's well worth 60 seconds to click into each Seasonal Event.

8)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #581 on: December 20, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »

A level 18 and 20 ticket...never heard of them. Are you talking about car tickets? Am I missing something here?

clacksman

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #582 on: December 20, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »

A level 18 and 20 ticket...never heard of them. Are you talking about car tickets? Am I missing something here?

Completing all the events in a seasonal now gives one level card, seemingly approprite to what sort of cars are beaten on by AIdiots in there.  I went into the slightly older seasonals (the really old ones are gone) I had already completed and got various level tickets for having completed them. Some were new judging by the "installing" icon when I went to view them in my items list - I have one each of 3, 19, 20, 18, 2, 13 - in order of acquired date (those I have received since the 86 GT ticket).

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #583 on: December 20, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »

Baked posted a 56.342 in the X2010 seasonal time trial.

All I have to say to that is...  

Amazing time, Baked.  :)

After about 50 laps just now I finally got under the 1 minute mark with a 58.316

Edit:  Equally as impressive is ExXboxFan's 1'32.808 in the Madrid time trial.  Very nice time, Ex. 

Did a bunch of laps there too and got a 1'33.346

Also, that crazy looking Suzuki thing should be an event sometime.  :)

Sorry Just saw this!  lol, i'm such a tuna-nuub.  anyways, yea Baked's time was awesome on the Red Bull x2010 trial recently.  I've been studying the TTs, the spread of the results, the composition of North Americans, and such.  I'm getting really geeky about it, really.  Probably something no one else is doing.  I'll make some other posts about what I've seen so far...

Thanks for the kind words about my madrid TT time.  It's the first time I've gotten onto the top 250 board. (231 final)  was really surprised, and I must say it's a great honor to have someone like Wizard compliment me!  You were one of those guys several months ago in a GT Saturdays event that I saw race and was really impressed with.  It was one of those, "hmm, I wonder if I could ever get there!?" and it appears I'm at least getting closer.  Racing with really fast guys/gals like yourselves and others is what is getting me there.  Also these TT's realy teach a lot about where to get rid of some time! (people always say "gain" time and I hate that misnomer, so I say lose or get rid of time).

Agree that the Suzuki GSX-R is a cool car once you tune it to keep from misbehaving.  without tuning it is horrible, though.  I suggest if it is used in a race that it is unrestricted tuning, with a PP limit.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #584 on: December 20, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »

The Kart race Gold Trophy is easy after the 3nd lap and the tires warm up.   Also: If you adjust the tranny on the kart down to a max 81, then push the final gear to the right (all the way), then adjust the final gear to 5.300, it's as easy as pie!

As with the Kart race, the GT-R N24 Schulze Motor sports race is easy too.  Just gott tune the tranny down to about 166 MPH and the rest is just staying "smooth".  :D

I got gold on these two first lap.  I had done some practice on my own weeks prior to this TT for KartSpace, and had already figured out how to get a 34.xxx second lap.  That, apparently is semi-fast, but around four seconds off the leader at this juncture.

I'm at 33.3xx right now, and for the past two days I have not been able to even come close to matching my own time!  It's getting really frustrating, and I keep seeing the leaders lose time every day.  I'm at the "what the fuck are they doing?" stage of trying to learn.

How the hell do they do it?

So you made a comment that's got me thinking.  You suggested messing with the final drive, and I think made a typo.  You said to adjust the final drive twice.  Can you restate that, please?

Then, do you have any insight into why adjusting the front/rear gears (final/1rd) would independently make a different type of accel and handling?

For instance, if you adjust the 1rd gear to acheive a particular top speed, how is that different than leaving 1rd alone and adjusting the final to acheive the same top end?  I understand why it is different on multi-gear cars, but not on the single gear systme that the karts have.

thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 155   Go Up