SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 09:49:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176954 times)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #600 on: December 29, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »

Do we get B-spec xp as well with those seasonals?

Yes I do believe so, all the previous ones I did.

I also want to say get to it quick, I just have this nagging feeling a mistake was made in the cash on this one.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #601 on: December 29, 2011, 10:53:45 AM »

Do we get B-spec xp as well with those seasonals?

Yes I do believe so, all the previous ones I did.

I also want to say get to it quick, I just have this nagging feeling a mistake was made in the cash on this one.

I am confused with the amount of money and agree either a mistake was made or those new to GT5 over the holidays are getting a cash injection.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #602 on: December 29, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »

FUCK the money!  I've tried the LeMans race and they've handed me my ass - twice!  I used the Toyota GT One and it sucks there at the required PP.   And what's with this FUCKING Pit stop light coming on for EACH Friggin' Lap?  WTF, PD?

While the LeMans race is cool - what with the weather and time changes, the pit stop light coming on all the time really FUCK s up your strategy....especially at night time when you can easily lose track of where the pits are in the dark.  Call me old and stogy (no no don't do that, ), but there is something screwy with the cash payout and the 10 lap endurance race - which by the way, has tire wear ON..... Something we haven't seen in the past online seasonal evnets.

So, Good Luck fellas with getting the 3,000,000 (6,000,000 if you have the 200% bonus) into your bank.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:28:19 PM by TunahCroonah »

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #603 on: December 29, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »

FUCK the money!  I've tried the LeMans race and they've handed me my ass - twice!  I used the Toyota GT One and it sucks there at the required PP.   And what's with this FUCKING Pit stop light coming on for EACH Friggin' Lap?  WTF, PD?

While the LeMans race is cool - what with the weather and time changes, the pit stop light coming on all the time really FUCK s up your strategy....especially at night time when you can easily lose track of where the pits are in the dark.  Call me old and stogy (no no don't do that, ), but there is something screwy with the cash payout and the 10 lap endurance race - which by the way, has tire wear ON..... Something we haven't seen in the past online seasonal evnets.

So, Good Luck fellas with getting the 3,000,000 (6,000,000 if you have the 200% bonus) into your bank.

Psst.... try placing intermediate tires on... that fix'd that problem for me...

As for my LeMans experience. My driver was doing just fine. He Had the lead at lap 6 and held it until lap 9 at the Mullsanne corner... where he went into the grass and refused to go above 50 MPH until Arnage.... or is it Indianapolis? oh well. Doesnt matter, that screwed up my race. lol

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #604 on: December 29, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »

I'm reading over at GTP that lots of folks are having good luck with the Chaparral 2J on sport softs, even though it's short on PP.  Don't even have to pit at all and they're just spamming the Pace Up command.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #605 on: December 29, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »

Hopefully you've trained your b-spec guys.  I put mine in a car (on intermediates because of the saturation level of the track) and turned them loose...

If you haven't trained them, try to keep commands to the driver to a minimum because each command you give increase his stress level which is why even when ahead they can :fuck up... 

Training hints...   use pace up on long straights, pace down on tricky corners, and overtake to pass on curves.  Once ahead I would give them one more pace up and then let them go... when you are ahead by a pitstop (approx 20sec) you can basically say maintain pace...   

DO NOT spam the commands unless you wish to stress out your driver (which will make him wipe out)

Don't get me wrong, they still may do stupid things...  mine pitted on the start of lap 9 because tire wear dropped to half  (they auto-pit when that happens; only way around it is to watch and when they turn on the PIT mode you say NO PIT).  Since I wasn't watching, he went to racing hards for the last two laps -- but by then his lead was too big to blow...

Ka-ching!!!  (too bad it's a waste of experience points...)

I took time in the beginning to "train" my drivers. (They did 5-10 laps on each track and I also gave them 5-10 laps "schooling" on the different drive trains and how they behave).  Then I turned them loose...   

Maybe it is just because all my b-spec guys are level 40 (and have been for over a year) but I just "set it and forget it" on b-spec.  I don't remember when I last gave them a command...

clacksman

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #606 on: December 29, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »

The B-spec ones can be re-run for another dose of the millions, too.

Each one took 2 tries for me.  They're both tough enough most of us will have to pay attention, if only to prevent pitstop-related dumbassery.  The rain seemed scripted on both my runs; the rain doesn't last at either place.

Sarthe took 2 pitstops for me; started on Hards, pitted for inters when the rain picked up and surface water got up to 30 or so %, pitted for Hards with 1 to go (was not likely to last on the inters as it had dried out).  Audi R8 PS Team Oreca.

Spa was a 1-stop with a tire change, but I forget what I started with.  Old crappy au Cerumo Supra.

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #607 on: December 29, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »

It seems like the early '00 audi's are the way to go for the sarthe event.

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #608 on: December 29, 2011, 03:27:22 PM »

I just noticed a Bentley Speed 8 in my UCD... is that any good for any of you all?

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #609 on: December 29, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »

It seems like the early '00 audi's are the way to go for the sarthe event.

I was figuring that as a next move.  Oh, BTW, Charlie -  I don't have any problems with my 3 LVL 40 Drivers - they were all trained very well.  To that point, I DID start The SPA Race w/ Intermediate tires as well and kept them on throughout the entire race - it worked fine!  I used the Xanavi Nismo Z '06 - great torque and, with a bit of creative gearing, won the race by 12+ seconds.  

So I am to understand that the Le Sarthe Race needs to start out on intermediates as well?   O.K., I'll give 'er a try with a Pescarolo first....if no success, then I'll try the Chaparral.  Thanks, guys!

Looks at watch.....Hm... it took 2 attempts after I tried the intermediates and the friggin' driver didn't ignore the pit cancellation order.....that was a teeny bit less than an hour...... Gotta be able to do the Le Sarthe race in about 45 mins., eh

Oh, and I did have the full 200% bonus in effect and collected 3,000,000 for the win at Spa!  Hey Ma, I found a new ATM! :laugh
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:47:53 PM by TunahCroonah »

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #610 on: December 29, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »

Whoa.... double post alert. lol

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #611 on: December 29, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »

Whoa.... double post alert. lol

He does talk a lot, doesn't he.   :lolz

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #612 on: December 29, 2011, 03:42:06 PM »

i doubt he could beat me after two cans of Mountain Dew!

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #613 on: December 29, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

I had, er Screen Freeze.....ah, It wasn't Broain freeze (SP? ).  Duplicate deleted!  Thanks fellas!  

Now - On to Le Sar Mans!  

And 'Zilla, a half a can of the Dew makes me feel like I just ran and won the New York Marathon, :laugh
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:53:39 PM by TunahCroonah »

clacksman

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #614 on: December 29, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »

Hey Ma, I found a new ATM!

I'd be in that line except I don't have anything significant left to spend Cr on.  The 6M from Sarthe almost maxed me out.  All I don't have are some of the shitboxes (which I'm waiting for low-km examples to wander into my UCD) and some premo SuperGT cars (which are nearly useless to me, all they do is clog the garage, and can be bought whenever).

New 0km FGTs?  Got 7.
New 0km LMPs?  All the ones in last nights' OUCD update I already had with 0km ... from the last time they came thru there
New old 0km SuperGT cars?  Got 'em all.
Veyrons?  Got eleventeen of 'em already.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 155   Go Up