SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 03:00:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176969 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #615 on: December 29, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »

I just noticed a Bentley Speed 8 in my UCD... is that any good for any of you all?

I did Sarthe with the Bentley.  Driver was ahead by lap4 but pitted for tires on five (everyone else pitted on four) he was 5st coming back out the pits but was back in the lead by seven.  Dumbass pitted on lap nine putting the hot head I had started the race with back in the cockpit.  he spun out 3 times on lap 10 but old faithful had built up such a lead before pitting that even Junior couldn't :fuck it up...

(for Spa I used the Epson NXS)

For the a-spec races I chose to be :oo7

Toyota 2000 GT with "You Only Live Twice" specs  (bump your top-end or you'll bounce down the straight, thru turn one and into turn two)

Astin Martin from the "Die Another Day" evnet

and the Diablo for the finale (I prefer it over the Jap cars that fit...)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #616 on: December 29, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »

New 0km FGTs?  Got 7.
New 0km LMPs?  All the ones in last nights' OUCD update I already had with 0km ... from the last time they came thru there
New old 0km SuperGT cars?  Got 'em all.
Veyrons?  Got eleventeen of 'em already.

Well, aren't you Mr Fancypants! How's your monocle?  
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #617 on: December 29, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »

New 0km FGTs?  Got 7.
New 0km LMPs?  All the ones in last nights' OUCD update I already had with 0km ... from the last time they came thru there
New old 0km SuperGT cars?  Got 'em all.
Veyrons?  Got eleventeen of 'em already.

Well, aren't you Mr Fancypants! How's your monocle?  

:lolz

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #618 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »

Just won Le Sarthe with the 2J at 653pp on Sport Softs, and no pit stops. My Bob was only at lvl25, so I definitely had to coach him along. I used pace up in moderation, and took 1rd by 3.7 seconds.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #619 on: December 29, 2011, 06:38:05 PM »

Oh, Snap!  Used the Audi R8 Race Car '01 and spanked the field with Sports softs!

2 races and 9 million in the bank.... Man, I Love this! I could just go on....... but enough...cars I used online for the latest seasonals are in my GTallstar acct.......feel free to use 'em.  Oh, I used the Toyota 86 GT for Chamonix (shamonee!) TT - what a breeze! The Lotus Turbo HC is for the a-spec races.  the rest is easy enough to figure out by their PP levels.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #620 on: December 29, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »

FUCK the money!  I've tried the LeMans race and they've handed me my ass - twice!  I used the Toyota GT One and it sucks there at the required PP.   And what's with this FUCKING Pit stop light coming on for EACH Friggin' Lap?  WTF, PD?

While the LeMans race is cool - what with the weather and time changes, the pit stop light coming on all the time really FUCK s up your strategy....especially at night time when you can easily lose track of where the pits are in the dark.  Call me old and stogy (no no don't do that, ), but there is something screwy with the cash payout and the 10 lap endurance race - which by the way, has tire wear ON..... Something we haven't seen in the past online seasonal evnets.

So, Good Luck fellas with getting the 3,000,000 (6,000,000 if you have the 200% bonus) into your bank.

Quote from: TunahCroonah
Oh, Snap!  Used the Audi R8 Race Car '01 and spanked the field with Sports softs!

2 races and 9 million in the bank.... Man, I Love this! I could just go on....... but enough...cars I used online for the latest seasonals are in my GTallstar acct.......feel free to use 'em.  Oh, I used the Toyota 86 GT for Chamonix (shamonee!) TT - what a breeze! The Lotus Turbo HC is for the a-spec races.  the rest is easy enough to figure out by their PP levels.

Where is Croonah and what have you done with him!

:lmao  ^-^  :laugh 

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2011, 07:51:37 PM »

Why are you guys talking about using S3...I mean Sport Soft...tires for a race with racing tires????

I couldn't win Sarthe with my GT-One either. The 2 older Audis kept kicking ass...so I switched to my '01 and kicked ass. He pitted at end of lap 3 for Intermediate rain tires, and I didn't let my driver do the second pit.

I used the Premium Raybrig NSX for Spa, coached him into first in the first 3 laps, and left him alone.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #622 on: December 29, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »

Why are you guys talking about using S3...I mean Sport Soft...tires for a race with racing tires????

"Street" tires seem to do better in the rain, and last a whole lot longer. AI pitting twice leaves the door wide open for a no pit race, even in a slower car.

Also, the Tokyo drift evnet is a :fucking joke. There's only a couple good places to drift there, and neither are used.

Also, also, Suzuka East drift is the shit.  :)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #623 on: December 30, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »

I got within 50 lousy points of gold here. I need to fix that this morning.  :D

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #624 on: December 30, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »

ive tried the audis both of them at 700pp and the 2j on sports softs and to no prevail the best i got was 3rd in every time i tried
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2011, 07:27:56 AM »

skip that the 2j on sports soft is  ow kicking ass and ill try the audi on S3 later and see how shee does
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #626 on: December 30, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »

2j and and audi r8s on sports soft kick ass as you dont need to pit wooooo a no pit stop race where you really shou;d pit this sportsoft tire statergy really works in many cars gonna try nissan r92cp on sports soft

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #627 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »

I got within 50 lousy points of gold here. I need to fix that this morning.  :D

You need some HP to get around the first sector in one drift. Hit t1 at about 90-100mph, clip the apex, swing wide. You should be going too fast for t2, and have to brake. Use the regular brakes just enough to scrub off some speed, tap the handbrake if you lost too much angle, and nail the throttle. Get to t2's inside as quick as you can, then swing wide on exit. You should easily score 4000 points in that one sector. It's tough to get big numbers in Sector 2, 3000 is good, I think. The 3th sector has good scoring potential, and the last one is the biggest. I hit 7000 points in the last one several times.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:41:08 AM by ChromeTuna »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2011, 09:34:59 AM »

Done and done.  :) I can't believe I beat the resident drifter to gold on Tokyo.  ^-^

My baby!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2011, 09:59:37 AM »

Ok guys, here is a way to manipulate Spa for a guaranteed win if you are like me and still have drivers who need levels.

Enter the room with racing hard but do not start the race. Wait until the track saturation indicator says 20% or less. Once the saturation indicator drops below 20% the AI will equip their cars with Racing Hard tires. Start the race with racing hard tires. Tell your boy to have faith in your weather man and do not pit. All AI cars will pit in at the end of lap one and again at the end of lap seven. Keep you boy off pit road, maintain pace right around the white mark in the pace indicator and administer ass whoopin.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 155   Go Up