SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 02:41:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176969 times)

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »

Ok guys, here is a way to manipulate Spa for a guaranteed win if you are like me and still have drivers who need levels.

Enter the room with racing hard but do not start the race. Wait until the track saturation indicator says 20% or less. Once the saturation indicator drops below 20% the AI will equip their cars with Racing Hard tires. Start the race with racing hard tires. Tell your boy to have faith in your weather man and do not pit. All AI cars will pit in at the end of lap one and again at the end of lap seven. Keep you boy off pit road, maintain pace right around the white mark in the pace indicator and administer ass whoopin.

Well if there is a way to manipulate Spa.. maybe this way would work in the La Sarthe race too!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #631 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »

Done and done.  :) I can't believe I beat the resident drifter to gold on Tokyo.  ^-^

My baby!

Good job Looney. You looking like a pro.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #632 on: December 30, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »

Done and done.  :) I can't believe I beat the resident drifter to gold on Tokyo.  ^-^

My baby!

YES YOU BEAT ME CONGRATS TO LOONEY_TUNA im currently at 3426 so im nearly there i was getting frustrated  earlier
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #633 on: December 30, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

Thanks guys.  :)

Keep goin Josh, I was stuck on 3025 for at least 10 tries until I broke through. You just need 3k from the first turn.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #634 on: December 30, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »

Why are you guys talking about using S3...I mean Sport Soft...tires for a race with racing tires????

"Street" tires seem to do better in the rain, and last a whole lot longer. AI pitting twice leaves the door wide open for a no pit race, even in a slower car.

Also, the Tokyo drift evnet is a FUCKING joke. There's only a couple good places to drift there, and neither are used.

Also, also, Suzuka East drift is the shit.  :)
Tokyo is not that bad, A joke with two sectors yes, but not bad once you find the line.

Ok guys, here is a way to manipulate Spa for a guaranteed win if you are like me and still have drivers who need levels.

Enter the room with racing hard but do not start the race. Wait until the track saturation indicator says 20% or less. Once the saturation indicator drops below 20% the AI will equip their cars with Racing Hard tires. Start the race with racing hard tires. Tell your boy to have faith in your weather man and do not pit. All AI cars will pit in at the end of lap one and again at the end of lap seven. Keep you boy off pit road, maintain pace right around the white mark in the pace indicator and administer ass whoopin.

Well if there is a way to manipulate Spa.. maybe this way would work in the La Sarthe race too!

No it doesn't, I tried, that is why it took me so long to actually post that. It's been sitting on my computer since 5:00PM EST yesterday
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:08:50 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #635 on: December 30, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »

What are your BOBS levels at? 

I tried this yesterday with my best BOB (he's only a 30 or 31 level) and got killed.  He ran out of mental and physical strength by lap 7.  He could barely stay on the track after that.  I had to keep telling him to :FUCKING pace down so he would stay on the racing surface.

The cars and tire tips helped a lot.  Thanks for the advice on that.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #636 on: December 30, 2011, 12:31:34 PM »

What are your BOBS levels at? 

I tried this yesterday with my best BOB (he's only a 30 or 31 level) and got killed.  He ran out of mental and physical strength by lap 7.  He could barely stay on the track after that.  I had to keep telling him to FUCKING pace down so he would stay on the racing surface.

The cars and tire tips helped a lot.  Thanks for the advice on that.

Most of mine are at 30 and 31 but I do have one I keep off line who is at 35. Suffice it to say he is suffering the fate you outlined at Le Mans. Spa is a different story, He was about to pull off a miracle until I screwed up and exited the race. It was in my disappointment from that that I decided to test the concept I outlined earlier.

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #637 on: December 30, 2011, 01:45:35 PM »

Oh, Snap!  Used the Audi R8 Race Car '01 and spanked the field with Sports softs!

2 races and 9 million in the bank.... Man, I Love this! I could just go on....... but enough...cars I used online for the latest seasonals are in my GTallstar acct.......feel free to use 'em.  Oh, I used the Toyota 86 GT for Chamonix (shamonee!) TT - what a breeze! The Lotus Turbo HC is for the a-spec races.  the rest is easy enough to figure out by their PP levels.

Yeesh, I'm horrible at B-spec......... No matter what I try, I can get INTO first but it never lasts.... Eventually I get passed and drop to the back. Have no clue what I'm doin wrong, especially when I hear that it's being done with lvl 25 Bobs and my guy is a 31... Shrug...

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #638 on: December 30, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »

Oh, Snap!  Used the Audi R8 Race Car '01 and spanked the field with Sports softs!

2 races and 9 million in the bank.... Man, I Love this! I could just go on....... but enough...cars I used online for the latest seasonals are in my GTallstar acct.......feel free to use 'em.  Oh, I used the Toyota 86 GT for Chamonix (shamonee!) TT - what a breeze! The Lotus Turbo HC is for the a-spec races.  the rest is easy enough to figure out by their PP levels.

Yeesh, I'm horrible at B-spec......... No matter what I try, I can get INTO first but it never lasts.... Eventually I get passed and drop to the back. Have no clue what I'm doin wrong, especially when I hear that it's being done with lvl 25 Bobs and my guy is a 31... Shrug...

Same here with a Lv 35 and I am not really bad at calling the shots either. My drivers are well trained and still can't handle it at Le Mans.

Right now I am rerunning Spa a few times to get him a level or two in the hopes he can keep a little more strength for later in the race.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:06:24 PM by RoninTuna »

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #639 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »

seriously guys its easy just equip  a lm car at 700pp and use sports soft as they dont wear out in the rain and you can do a non pitstop race
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #640 on: December 30, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »

I found a big difference in my bobs who have an arrow up as opposed to and arrow down at same level.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #641 on: December 30, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »

seriously guys its easy just equip  a lm car at 700pp and use sports soft as they dont wear out in the rain and you can do a non pitstop race

That's what I have been doing, but my idiot does one of three things. He either drives himself into the ground and has nothing left at the end or he falls off pace so badly that he can not catch the leaders wile they are on pit road or a combination to the two.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »

I found a big difference in my bobs who have an arrow up as opposed to and arrow down at same level.

Arrow up means they are in peak form but they're also stoked and will suck up training like a sponge... 

Straight arrow means they are in peak form but not great at learning new techniques...

Down arrow means they are kinda hung over and you should let them rest...

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »

Charlie's recipe for LeMans:

Ingredients:  Bentley Speed 8 on racing hards...

Steps:

Start race and choose OVERTAKE.  He will pass the #11 car within the first set of turns.  Wait until he starts up the first long straight and press INCREASE PACE.  He will get up to 227mph with the draft and be in 8st place at the chicane.  Set PIT STRATEGY to Racing Intermediates...

Now you have a couple of options...  You can do the INCREASE PACE pace on the other two straights and get into 5st and take a break until lap ten; or if not you can take a break until lap nine...  (approx 35min)

If lap 9:
Cancel going into the PIT and choose MAINTAIN PACE when they cross the finish to start lap 10 (all other cars will PIT); you will win by about 8 seconds --  would be more but the moron will wipe out coming out of Indy, fortunately you're about 15 seconds ahead when that happens.

If lap 10:  
You will be in second place coming out of the pits in lap 10.  Choose Overtake as he exits pits and then INCREASE PACE on first long straight...  You can INCREASE PACE on the other two straights if you feel the need.  If not, cool your jets until just before Indy and say DECREASE PACE and he won't wipe out on lap 10  (like he ALWAYS does, never has a problem until lap 10 and then even if fresh driver and fresh tires they will :fuck up Indy exit.

OPTIONAL Recipe additons:

FUN on Lap 8   [Abusing the AI]
If you want to stay and watch the entire race; try to be beside the Audi on their right going into Mulsanne on lap 8 -- even better if the other Bentley is beside the Audi and you're just behind them.  They will wipe out on Mulsanne on lap 8 guaranteed, the car on the left will suffer the worst - if you are behind them you can ensure the car on the right will also take a tumble, either way he will stutter a bit and you can easily zip by.  The car on the left will go way off into the Fresh Step so try to get the Audi there as it is you're biggest competition...

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #644 on: December 31, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »

K, I just cleaned out my bank account to buy the Bentley so I hope it works! Lol

One question though - Are you pitting and going to intermediates or are you running racing hard all the way through??
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 155   Go Up