SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 10:12:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176956 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #645 on: December 31, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »

K, I just cleaned out my bank account to buy the Bentley so I hope it works! Lol

One question though - Are you pitting and going to intermediates or are you running racing hard all the way through??

Since I walk away after setting pit strategy to Racing Intermediates - the Bobs do see do and will pit with the leaders on lap 4. (your bobs will usually gain a place in the pits - good pit crew I guess)

Come back by lap nine and you can decide whether to cancel the autopit or not.  Either way, DECREASE PACE thru Indy on lap 10 or your Bob will buy it there and lose about 8-10 seconds...  

If you didn't pit you should be ahead by about 18 seconds so it won't matter but still it is kinda FUCK ed up to have them wreck each and every race at that spot at that particular time.

I mean they made in the pouring rain, they made it at night, they made it in the pouring rain at night (at 60% water saturation even) and then FUCK up (even if a fresh driver) on lap 10 in the sun with an almost dry track...  

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #646 on: December 31, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »

K, I just cleaned out my bank account to buy the Bentley so I hope it works! Lol

One question though - Are you pitting and going to intermediates or are you running racing hard all the way through??

Since I walk away after setting pit strategy to Racing Intermediates - the Bobs do see do and will pit with the leaders on lap 4. (your bobs will usually gain a place in the pits - good pit crew I guess)

Come back by lap nine and you can decide whether to cancel the autopit or not.  Either way, DECREASE PACE thru Indy on lap 10 or your Bob will buy it there and lose about 8-10 seconds...  

If you didn't pit you should be ahead by about 18 seconds so it won't matter but still it is kinda FUCK ed up to have them wreck each and every race at that spot at that particular time.

I mean they made in the pouring rain, they made it at night, they made it in the pouring rain at night (at 60% water saturation even) and then FUCK up (even if a fresh driver) on lap 10 in the sun with an almost dry track...  

RH tires for last stop Charlie?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #647 on: December 31, 2011, 06:38:25 PM »

RH tires for last stop Charlie?

If you choose to pit, I would recommend staying Racing Intermediate, the track doesn't get dry enough (under 30%) going into lap ten to warrant RH to finish, though if your lead is enough it shuldn't matter...    The other guys will stick with RIs during their pit.  I don't think it gets below 25% before the end...

(but watch out as you exit Indy on lap 10 -- I recommend telling the driver to decrease pace as you enter the area.  then as you exit "cleanly" you will be ready to issue increase pace though I doubt you'll need to...

something I've noticed about OVERTAKE.  they will try and pass opponents on the inside as you enter curves.  so you can use this command on lap 8 just before Mulsanne to insure you aren't on the left during a two wide entrance. 

The AI will loose it in the corner on lap 8 and the car on the left is toast,  hopefully it will not be you.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #648 on: December 31, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »

Finally got a chance to run the B spec at Spa. Sticking with the Sport Soft, and no pit strategy, I grabbed a premium Calsonic GTR. With just a few pace up commands to my lvl 29 bob, he got up to 7nd by lap 6. Everybody pitted on lap 8, leaving the door wide open for an easy run to victory. Won by 21 seconds over 2rd place. Easy money.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #649 on: January 01, 2012, 09:06:33 AM »

How do you stop pitting in lap 1? Lap 1??? WTF. I forget how to cancel pitting. Thanks.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #650 on: January 01, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »

How do you stop pitting in lap 1? Lap 1??? WTF. I forget how to cancel pitting. Thanks.

It's a command...   PIT and NO PIT.  Like OVERTAKE and MAINTAIN PACE

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #651 on: January 01, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »

Running Sport Softs, my guy never wants to pit, and has a ton of tire left at the end.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #652 on: January 01, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »

For Le Sarthe I used the C60 Hybride. Pitted on lap 2, took the lead on lap 5 and pitted again on lap 8. (it wants to auto pit lap 9, don't forget to cancel that one) Charlie is right about needing the pace down. My guys had trouble @ Mulsanne corner.

For Spa I'm also using sports soft tires and no pits. Easy 4 mil.  :)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #653 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »

For Le Sarthe I used the C60 Hybride. Pitted on lap 2, took the lead on lap 5 and pitted again on lap 8. (it wants to auto pit lap 9, don't forget to cancel that one) Charlie is right about needing the pace down. My guys had trouble @ Mulsanne corner.

For Spa I'm also using sports soft tires and no pits. Easy 4 mil.  :)

That is where my guys are having trouble too. The last time I tried it my best guy off tracked there as well despite my telling them to pace down. What pissed me off the most was he had a shot right up until he off tracked there and proceeded to cruse at 50 MPH for the next 500 yards and then then repeated it the following lap and threw away the entire race on laps 7 and 8.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:28:31 PM by RoninTuna »

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #654 on: January 01, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »

Well I'll be god damned.....the entire reason I could not win that race was a fucking LSD setting.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #655 on: January 02, 2012, 07:45:38 PM »

Not for me.  >:(   :(

I did what Chrome did but can't get better than 6rd.  :-\

Do I need special tune? What top speed on the Calsonic?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #656 on: January 02, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »

Not for me.  >:(   :(

I did what Chrome did but can't get better than 6rd.  :-\

Do I need special tune? What top speed on the Calsonic?

I may or may not have added a turbo to get the PP up. I've run so many different races, I don't remember if it needed it.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2012, 06:15:23 AM »

I used the Audi for Le Sarthe. It took me a few tries using a couple of different cars before deciding to run the Audi. Anyway, started on Racing Hards, pitted on lap 3 and ran Racing Intermediates to finish the race. I couldn't tell my driver enough to slow the pace for the last lap or two.

I forget what I ran for Spa, but I don't remember it being to difficult. I think I ran an NSX or something.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #658 on: January 03, 2012, 06:50:35 AM »

I ran the GT4 Playstation Audi at Le Mans, With the diff cranked to 10,60,60 I did not have to tell my drivers shit. They hammered that car through the rain with out a single blunder. I ran a two driver team because I was having issues with driver fatigue, I don't think it's necessary now that I see the car was being a bitch for them. That really pisses me off too, I had that that car tuned in such a way I could drive it on hard sports tires without problems but the bob gets into it he can't make it turn on racing tires....WTF is that.

Anyways....where was I, Oh yeah. And for the Spa race I sent them out in a Raybrig NSX on hard racing tires and used the weather fakeout.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #659 on: January 03, 2012, 07:26:33 AM »

Also, my drivers absolutely refuse to pass, even when riding someone's bumper.  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 155   Go Up