SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 05:52:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176979 times)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #720 on: January 12, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »

Anyone tried the SPA Time Trial yet?   UGH!
690hp and 800 kg.....Not too many cars fit the bill or can be modded to do that.  I have found more success with a lower hp car with less torque and using rain tires.  intermediates aren't the answer here, nor are sports softs.  Still trying to get up to a 3nd place finish.  :'(

It's a bitch for sure!  The track starts out at 80% saturation and gets to 100% half way through.  I was running regular cars (Audi Avant, One of the many GT-R's, etc.) at first, then I looked at the leader boards.  Most everyone is using the J2 Industrial Box Fan.  I tried it a few times before I called it quits.  I need to get a better tune and some better gearing.  clacksman is in the top 20 or 30 (sorry, can't remember).  Well done.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #721 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »

The go-to cars according to the leaderboard are:

493HP SPA (dry) - Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
690HP SPA (wet) - Chapparal 2J

I personally used:

493HP SPA (dry) - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V
690HP SPA (wet) - Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car

I used the default tires given for the wet track, full Rain tires, and they seemed to work quite well.  I had no trouble getting gold with completely default settings, didn't do an oil change and even forgot to turn of the TCS :).  With some proper tuning and a lower TC setting I could see that car putting out a pretty good time indeed in the right hands.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #722 on: January 12, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »

ok!   Went with the Chapparal 2J w/rain tyres and just took it easy (carefully) around the track.  "Patience" is the key word.

I kinda makes sense to use the 2J as it only has a 3 speed tranny and therefore, you can stretch out the torque the engine develops and maintain good speed (it also helps to look to see what others did in the TT in the online times, .  I do suggest that you put more braking force on the front wheels and raise the LSD to:

gear box should top out at about 200mph
camber, toe, springs and dampers are your choice.  

After i set the car up and took a test run, it was easy enough to cinch a minimum 2 second lead over the gold std time requirement.  Thanks Boston and Feldynn for the tips!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #723 on: January 12, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »

The scoring zones in the drift trials seem to be a lot tighter than before, and scoring will come to a halt if you get a lot of angle. WTF is up with that? It's a drifting evnet, and you get penalized for getting sideways. A few times it would clear a sector's score to zero when I'd be at full lock steering and max angle, but well in control, and no chance of spinning out.  >:(

I don't even want to talk about the Eiger dirt drift.  :P
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

clacksman

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #724 on: January 12, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »

clacksman is in the top 20 or 30 (sorry, can't remember).  Well done.

fuck yeah rain

I went with the Playstation Oreca R8 (for max downforce) in the first hour it was up, and got 1st over however many 2Js were in in the first hour.  Three more laps today in the leaderboard car (2J), was twentysomethingth when I set it.  It'll drop as people figure out rain driving, as I'm ~5sec off overall lead.  Might go back in later with wheel plugged in.   8)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #725 on: January 12, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »

I finally succeeded in the Bspec LeMans with the Bentley on RH then pit after lap4 for intermediates. the Dream car was a dream in 787, 907 and the Bentley.
Also.... I noticed UCan posted a time in the time trial............ great to see him out there again.

Did you feel the earthquake nosoks? I hope all is well if you did.

The earthquake was in Aceh which is in North Sumatera.... thankfully a long way from here(Ciamis, West Java)
Thanks for asking.
I used  a 908 for the wet race at Spa, did one lap with a spin then one clean lap got the million and bailed
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #726 on: January 12, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »

I think part of the Fuji scoring zones oddness is due to the decreasing radius sections, you have to come in close then slide out and scrub off speed then cut back in quite a bit so it can make for some odd results.  A couple of times I got some really good section scores for what I thought were terrible drifts and vice versa, but I think I kind of understand why.

Also, I hate you Chrome :P .. I may have to bust out my Mitusbishi AIRTREK again tomorrow and try for more points :laugh.

(nicely done though, you're at 506 on the leaderboard when I wrote this!  Great job :) )

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #727 on: January 13, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »

I think part of the Fuji scoring zones oddness is due to the decreasing radius sections, you have to come in close then slide out and scrub off speed then cut back in quite a bit so it can make for some odd results.  A couple of times I got some really good section scores for what I thought were terrible drifts and vice versa, but I think I kind of understand why.

Also, I hate you Chrome :P .. I may have to bust out my Mitusbishi AIRTREK again tomorrow and try for more points :laugh.

(nicely done though, you're at 506 on the leaderboard when I wrote this!  Great job :) )

Thanks man. When I seen you were driving the Airtrek, I was wondering what the hell that was. Then seen it in the UCD, interesting choice. As you can see, I went with something different as well. I was surprised to be able to get 398hp out that old 200k mile Vette.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #728 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »

That's a nice 'Vette for sure, saw your pictures in the drift thread and it definitely looks nice.. much nicer than mine :D.

That AIRTREK is certainly an odd vehicle, I guess it's supposed to be a bit of a crossover or something because it's not quite car or an SUV but I think it's actually built on an EVO platform of some flavour. 

I cranked it up to about 500hp fully modded and with the 4WD set to 10/90 it felt really comfortable drifting, enough power to spin up the wheels with or without E-brake assistance but it's surprisingly gentile about sliding around corners and doesn't try to kill you like some cars do :).

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #729 on: January 16, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »

That's a nice 'Vette for sure, saw your pictures in the drift thread and it definitely looks nice.. much nicer than mine :D.

That AIRTREK is certainly an odd vehicle, I guess it's supposed to be a bit of a crossover or something because it's not quite car or an SUV but I think it's actually built on an EVO platform of some flavour. 

I cranked it up to about 500hp fully modded and with the 4WD set to 10/90 it felt really comfortable drifting, enough power to spin up the wheels with or without E-brake assistance but it's surprisingly gentile about sliding around corners and doesn't try to kill you like some cars do :).

Whoa! Drifting WITHOUT the E-Brake?....Dang I may have to give the drift challenge a try...Thanks, Feldynn.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #730 on: January 16, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »

I used the NSX LM Road Car at SPA dry A very very easy gold.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #731 on: January 26, 2012, 06:28:52 AM »

Time Trial
Toyota 86 GT Tsukuba Circuit Time Trial
    Period of Availability: 2012/01/26 13:00 - 2012/02/09 13:00
    Gold: Cr.250,000  Silver: Cr.150,000  Bronze: Cr.100,000 

This is a Time Trial on the Tsukuba Circuit using the Toyota 86 GT. Cars are restricted to 197BHP or less and 1230kg or higher. Comfort/Hard tyres are required for this event.

Time Trial
600PP Rome City / Reverse Time Trial

This is a Time Trial on the Rome City / Reverse layout course, using non-racecars with 600PP or less. Tyres are limited to Sports/Hard or less.

Drift Trial
Toyota 86 GT Madrid City / Reverse Drift Trial

This is a Drift Trial event on the Madrid City / Reverse course, using the Toyota 86 GT. There are no restrictions on tuning but tyres are limited to Comfort/Soft or less.

Drift Trial
Special Stage Route 7 Drift Trial

This is a Drift Trial event on the Special Stage Route 7, using any car with Comfort/Soft tires or less.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »

Drift Trial
Special Stage Route 7 Drift Trial

This is a Drift Trial event on the Special Stage Route 7, using any car with Comfort/Soft tires or less.

Anyone tried this yet?  I'm curious to know exactly what parts of SSR 7 they expect us to drift on..

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #733 on: January 26, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »

ive tried it and the scoring zone for the second section is where the glitch used to be and the scoring zone is pathetic too
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2012, 06:43:31 AM »

the first and second section are good and pretty fun but the last is very easy [img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/maxtheroadie/Joshua/SpecialStageRoute7_2.jpg[/img ]
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 155   Go Up