• May 03, 2024, 05:07:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176976 times)

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #990 on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »

Hmmm... Don't see a problem with what PD is doing here.  If you ran the Academy evnets, then they give you a bonus for doing so.  If not, well why whine about it?  Why does everyone have to be able to run any evnet at all times, just can't see where it's unfair?  If that's the case, let's say we have "exclusive content" like say cars... Then under fairness to everyone... all cars must be available to each and every one of us ... so no exclusive content, no bonus for anything, such as buying the CE edition etc. 
Really, if you didn't run it... you miss out, should be simple and acceptable... lolol... but wait, they allow sharing of these Academy won cars... so everything is now "fair", though those that ran it to get the cars, well really didn't have to... where is the incentive in that?

Honestly, if you didn't run it... well you should miss out... PD should stick to that policy, it would make interest higher in these "special" evnets like the Academy and would actually mean something in game.  I think PD kind of wuss out on this one. 

I'm not sure how it could be viewed as unfair either, if you do the events then you get the spoils of your labors.... And that's coming fr someone that didn't even download GT Academy!

Now, if PD had randomly sent bonus cars out to 1000 people and then made and event just for them, THAT would be unfair in my eyes... :D

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #991 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »

But other than add power Croonah, did you do other mods? For those who mess with weight and Aero, results may vary.
Nope.....the way you set up the car, it is not necessary to mess with the settings....I wouldn't get it to go any faster, especially the way I drive,

I really like the setup you had on your car. So when I had enough money to buy an F2007 I put that setup on it.

I've lowered the aero, added 25kg and running about 460hp. It works out to 815pp and I managed to win @ IRC with it last night. Next step on to lower pp.  8)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #992 on: July 19, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »

Hmmm... Don't see a problem with what PD is doing here.  If you ran the Academy evnets, then they give you a bonus for doing so.  If not, well why whine about it?  Why does everyone have to be able to run any evnet at all times, just can't see where it's unfair?  If that's the case, let's say we have "exclusive content" like say cars... Then under fairness to everyone... all cars must be available to each and every one of us ... so no exclusive content, no bonus for anything, such as buying the CE edition etc. 
Really, if you didn't run it... you miss out, should be simple and acceptable... lolol... but wait, they allow sharing of these Academy won cars... so everything is now "fair", though those that ran it to get the cars, well really didn't have to... where is the incentive in that?

Honestly, if you didn't run it... well you should miss out... PD should stick to that policy, it would make interest higher in these "special" evnets like the Academy and would actually mean something in game.  I think PD kind of wuss out on this one. 

I'm fine with it too.  It's a bonus for those who got onboard with GTAc.  But what I find funny is that they tried to make the evnets exclusive and failed.  that is what I don't like.  not this particular failure, but the fact that everything they do is full of holes like swiss cheese.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #993 on: July 20, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »

Hmmm... Don't see a problem with what PD is doing here.  If you ran the Academy evnets, then they give you a bonus for doing so.  If not, well why whine about it?  Why does everyone have to be able to run any evnet at all times, just can't see where it's unfair?  If that's the case, let's say we have "exclusive content" like say cars... Then under fairness to everyone... all cars must be available to each and every one of us ... so no exclusive content, no bonus for anything, such as buying the CE edition etc.  

Let's take a look at another scenario.....You live in the City, and due to a career decision, you have to move to the Country.  In doing so, you lose your internet service and online capabilities temporarily. Now you have no way to DL the Academy Challenge, or for that matter you can't even play online.
You're basically FUCK ed.  You cannot partake in the competition and cannot collect the bonus cars.  Does that mean you should be blocked from the "Seasonal evnets" once you have internet service availability?  You don't see where I'm going here, huh?   Now one could say, "O.K., well, that's just rotten timing" and "Life Sucks". But I believe that PD is trying to be fair since they're offering a separate online weekly challenge for 8 friggin' weeks.

To that end, one of our illustrious brothers here just had that happen to him.  Is it fair?  NO, DAMMIT. It's not fair and I think that PD probably thought that it would be better to "share" the cars online rather than hear everyone bitch about not being to play the academy "challenge" series online.  Now, just sayin'........... It probably is a good thing that they did or we 'd probably lose more players due to yet ANOTHER WRONG DECISION BY PD.

I don't mind sharing with my friends.  It probably does more for "good will" to allow the sharing of the Academy Cars than not.  And while PD DOES make decisions that have a lot of holes in them, I believe in this instance, they made the correct decision.  :D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:38:55 AM by TunahCroonah »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #994 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »

Hmmm... Don't see a problem with what PD is doing here.  If you ran the Academy evnets, then they give you a bonus for doing so.  If not, well why whine about it?  Why does everyone have to be able to run any evnet at all times, just can't see where it's unfair?  If that's the case, let's say we have "exclusive content" like say cars... Then under fairness to everyone... all cars must be available to each and every one of us ... so no exclusive content, no bonus for anything, such as buying the CE edition etc.  

Let's take a look at another scenario.....You live in the City, and due to a career decision, you have to move to the Country.  In doing so, you lose your internet service and online capabilities temporarily. Now you have no way to DL the Academy Challenge, or for that matter you can't even play online.
You're basically FUCK ed.  You cannot partake in the competition and cannot collect the bonus cars.  Does that mean you should be blocked from the "Seasonal evnets" once you have internet service availability?  You don't see where I'm going here, huh?   Now one could say, "O.K., well, that's just rotten timing" and "Life Sucks". But I believe that PD is trying to be fair since they're offering a separate online weekly challenge for 8 friggin' weeks.

To that end, one of our illustrious brothers here just had that happen to him.  Is it fair?  NO, DAMMIT. It's not fair and I think that PD probably thought that it would be better to "share" the cars online rather than hear everyone bitch about not being to play the academy "challenge" series online.  Now, just sayin'........... It probably is a good thing that they did or we 'd probably lose more players due to yet ANOTHER WRONG DECISION BY PD.

I don't mind sharing with my friends.  It probably does more for "good will" to allow the sharing of the Academy Cars than not.  And while PD DOES make decisions that have a lot of holes in them, I believe in this instance, they made the correct decision.  :D

At least it's only a game and not something life threatening.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #995 on: July 23, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »

"You finished in 1 Place". Hmmm. I see a little Tuna in PD.  :o 
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #996 on: August 02, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »

Getting high in the '80's.

420PP Japanese '80s Festival: Tsukuba Circuit / 5 Laps
    Period of Availability: 2012/08/01 23:00 -
    1st: Cr.139,000  2nd: Cr.76,450  3rd: Cr.55,600 

420PP Japanese '80s Festival: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.170,000  2nd: Cr.93,500  3rd: Cr.68,000 

420PP Japanese '80s Festival: London City Course / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.151,400  2nd: Cr.83,270  3rd: Cr.60,560 

420PP Japanese '80s Festival: Sarthe Circuit 2009 / 2 Laps
    1st: Cr.207,500  2nd: Cr.114,125  3rd: Cr.83,000 

420PP Japanese '80s Festival: Aso (Pavement) 102A / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.174,400  2nd: Cr.95,920  3rd: Cr.69,760

This is an expert level race event using Japanese cars built in the 1980's. Your car can be tuned up to 420PP, and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less. A "Performance Difference Bonus" system rewards cars with lower PP. For example, winning with a 390PP car will roughly double the reward.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #997 on: August 02, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »

420pp

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #998 on: August 03, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »

Couple more for the  Nissan 370Z Academy car  (c/p gtplanet)

Tokyo Route 246 / 5 Laps
Period of Availability: 2012/08/02 23:00 – 2012/08/09 23:00
1st: Cr.450,000  2nd: Cr.247,500  3rd: Cr.180,000

450PP Aso 207A Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2012/08/02 23:00 – 2012/08/09 23:00

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #999 on: August 05, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »

Anyone tried the latest 80's seasonal? I'm hung at scooba. The number 1 AI finisher runs 1'13's, but gets a 30 second head start on lap 1. I need 1'08's or better and I'm stuck at 1'09. Running some modded up '83 Skyline (R30) thing.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1000 on: August 05, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »

I started (and gave up) with Suckuba, best car I'd found so far was the old Toyota MR-2 Supercharged which might do it.  I managed low 1'08s with it but I still couldn't get the low 1'07 times needed to actually beat the 1st place car :(.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1001 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06:10 AM »

I just noticed it does change AI #1 line up. Most recent was a Corolla that only managed a race time total of 5'50, I only lost by a few seconds. I was driving poorly in a junk car doing 9's and 10's lol.

also, Not really a junk car it's that concept HSR-II, the one with the right and left flaps for a spoiler.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:16:01 AM by DudeTuna »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1002 on: August 05, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »

Anyone tried the latest 80's seasonal? I'm hung at scooba. The number 1 AI finisher runs 1'13's, but gets a 30 second head start on lap 1. I need 1'08's or better and I'm stuck at 1'09. Running some modded up '83 Skyline (R30) thing.

The leader is probably in an '89 Skyline GTS-t Type M yada yada yada. Get you one of those, or keeping exiting, and going back, until that car is not on the grid. Even running the same car, I'd finish 2rd at full PP. For me it was unwinnable(is that a word) when that car was in the race.

Also, Le Sarthe will get 100,000+ XP at 375PP. I'm a little over 1 million XP from level 39, but 5 minute + laps are just too slow and boring to grind.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1003 on: August 05, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

The leader is probably in an '89 Skyline GTS-t Type M yada yada yada. Get you one of those, or keeping exiting, and going back, until that car is not on the grid. Even running the same car, I'd finish 2rd at full PP. For me it was unwinnable(is that a word) when that car was in the race.

Also, Le Sarthe will get 100,000+ XP at 375PP. I'm a little over 1 million XP from level 39, but 5 minute + laps are just too slow and boring to grind.

:indeed Skyline R32 did a race time of 5'38, the civic si ran a 5'56. So I only had to do a 5'48 and win in the HSC-II concept (awd too lol).  :)

I had best lap times @ Tsukuba of 1'08. I would like to get to 6 or 7 then it wouldn't matter what car the AI chose. :)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #1004 on: August 05, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »

As much as I hate the car, give the Dome zero a try. It is a dominate car in the bunch.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 155   Go Up