SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 12:04:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176961 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1020 on: August 11, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

^-^
^-^
^-^

Is it me or is the drifting getting harder?  :-\

Madrid felt alright, but the 10,000 gold score I think is the highest they've had yet. What I don't understand is the incredible grip at snow drift events, when the racing is like driving on....... well, ice.  :-\

I used the same car(Infiniti Coupe Concept) for all 4 events, and it was a struggle in the snow. Worked pretty good at DRC, even at 487pp, which is maxed with the bolt ons.

Also, what is the deal with them using a tight ass kart track to run the GT-A Skyline TT on? Understeer, and tight turns don't mix.

The thought just occured to me, remember how some of the GT Academy events / tests were like multiple corners and stuff on those little Eifel tracks?  Maybe the TT tracks we're getting for the seasonals are actually the full versions of the tracks we used the respective cars on for those certain tests!

Also I've put my Skyline up for share that I used for the latest event, hopefully it retains all the settings because it seemed to turn fairly well for me :).

I will remind myself to try it. Thank you.  8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:53:47 PM by DudeTuna »

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1021 on: August 12, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »

Is it just me or all seasonal events are getting harder ?

Last week I had difficulties at Tsukuba (I finished second many times but never got first), and today on the Time Trial at Cape Ring, the best I got up to now is bronze, using the Suzuki GSX-R Concept car, the same used by top 10 guys.  Best time is around 2'56 and gold is 3'12, so the best guy is just 5% faster than the gold time.  A few months ago the best guys were 20% faster than gold time.

It's probably impossible to reach gold using a random car at maximum allowed PP (I was 15 seconds slower than bronze time using a Cappucino at max PP) unless your name is Michael Schumacher ???  It forces people (at least for slow guys like me) to use THE car (or one of the few cars that are very fast on that track) instead of choosing a car with your feel of the moment.

My ranking at Cape Ring is 30,000th (bronze) with a time 3 seconds slower than gold.  Just a month or two ago, I reached gold while being ranked 35,000.  It means that much less people are capable to reach gold than before.  As of today (sunday morning) 45,000 people ran seasonal events.

Maybe PD does it this way to stop beginners from getting lots of XP and money on seasonal events.  Seasonal events bring much more money than what you can get from A-Spec , B-Spec, or online races.

Yves

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1022 on: August 12, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »

Last week I had difficulties at Tsukuba (I finished second many times but never got first), and today on the Time Trial at Cape Ring, the best I got up to now is bronze, using the Suzuki GSX-R Concept car, the same used by top 10 guys.  Best time is around 2'56 and gold is 3'12, so the best guy is just 5% faster than the gold time.  A few months ago the best guys were 20% faster than gold time.

It's probably impossible to reach gold using a random car at maximum allowed PP (I was 15 seconds slower than bronze time using a Cappucino at max PP) unless your name is Michael Schumacher ???  It forces people (at least for slow guys like me) to use THE car (or one of the few cars that are very fast on that track) instead of choosing a car with your feel of the moment.

My ranking at Cape Ring is 30,000th (bronze) with a time 3 seconds slower than gold.  Just a month or two ago, I reached gold while being ranked 35,000.  It means that much less people are capable to reach gold than before.  As of today (sunday morning) 45,000 people ran seasonal events.

Maybe PD does it this way to stop beginners from getting lots of XP and money on seasonal events.  Seasonal events bring much more money than what you can get from A-Spec , B-Spec, or online races.

Yves

These seasonals have a rabbit with a 30 second head start. If you exit and re-enter race you can get an easier to beat lead car.

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1023 on: August 13, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »

Yves

These seasonals have a rabbit with a 30 second head start. If you exit and re-enter race you can get an easier to beat lead car.

With more seat time I was able to beat Cape Ring.  Daytona Road was easy for me, I tried with my Impreza and got gold on first lap.

I went back to last week's Tsukuba, and with a slower lead car I got gold.  Thanks Dude for the clue !  BTW, I was 1.5 seconds per lap faster with ASM on with the GSX-R.  Went from high 1'09 to low 1'08.

Yves

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1024 on: August 16, 2012, 05:18:06 AM »

470PP Pickup Truck Race: Rome City Course / 5 Laps
    Period of Availability: 2012/08/15 23:00 -
    1st: Cr.169,500  2nd: Cr.93,225  3rd: Cr.67,800 

470PP Pickup Truck Race: Indy Road Course / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.180,000  2nd: Cr.99,000  3rd: Cr.72,000 

470PP Pickup Truck Race: Suzuka Circuit / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.200,700  2nd: Cr.110,385  3rd: Cr.80,280 

470PP Pickup Truck Race: Nürburgring Nordschleife / 1 Lap
    1st: Cr.250,400  2nd: Cr.137,720  3rd: Cr.100,160

470PP Pickup Truck Race: Aso 109A / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.218,000  2nd: Cr.119,900  3rd: Cr.87,200 

This is an expert level race event using pickup trucks. Cars can be tuned up to 470PP, and tires are limited to Sports/Hard or less. A "Performance Difference Bonus" system rewards cars with lower PP. For example, winning with a 440PP car will roughly double the reward.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1025 on: August 16, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »

The OCD was updated too with TVRs and more GT500 cars if I remember right.  Also there are two "new" standard TVR cars in the dealership, I say "new" because I think they are the PSP versions they allowed you to transfer to the console (however that all worked, I remember there being a Standard Ferraro Enzo too I think). 

So now all you car collectors out there can get the standard TVR Tamora '02 and TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 to go in tandem with the premium versions of the same car you probably already have too :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1026 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

This is an expert level race event using pickup trucks. Cars can be tuned up to 470PP, and tires are limited to Sports/Hard or less. A "Performance Difference Bonus" system rewards cars with lower PP. For example, winning with a 440PP car will roughly double the reward.

Anyone tried those yet ?  Using a Tacoma I got gold on the first two events (Rome and Indy), quite easily, but I finished third at Suzuka and Mont Aso, even with a quite perfect race at Suzuka.  Didn't try Nurburgring yet.

Yves

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1027 on: August 18, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »

Anyone tried those yet ?  Using a Tacoma I got gold on the first two events (Rome and Indy), quite easily, but I finished third at Suzuka and Mont Aso, even with a quite perfect race at Suzuka.  Didn't try Nurburgring yet.

Yves

I ran the Chevy SSR on all at 439pp, except Rome, had to bump it up to 442pp there.

Ran Rome 4-5 times before I won it. IRC was close, but got it the 1rd try. I hate Suzuka, and only wanted to run it once, so I cut the chicane at the end of every lap. NincompoopRing is a favorite, and I didn't take the lead until drafting on the long straight, with a ton of blocking after the pass was complete. Mt. Asshole compared to most tracks you get there wasn't bad, but still took me 4 races to kinda know what was coming up, and win.

2 Tacomas in every race, and they were haulin' ass.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1028 on: August 18, 2012, 11:45:25 AM »

Oh yeah, the GT-A race at Motegi is freakin' tough. After numerous attempts to run it legal, and besting only a 4rd place. I had to cheat, and cut the last chicane to win it. This is with race suspension, all drivetrain add ons, but no power adders.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1029 on: August 18, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »

:stoopid:

It seems the faster i go, the first place car just matchs it! All most got it with just trans and suspension and nothing else. Just add the clutch and flywheel and will give it another shot.

P.S. Finally got the sucker with adding the clutch and flywheel! What a pain in the butt!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:18:05 PM by GrumpyTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1030 on: August 18, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

I dumped all the power bolt ons I could just to get that "Race" out of the way, but you know I think I noticed the same thing Grumpy!  It seemed like even with all the extra power that sometimes they'd get a boost at times to keep in front, like I'd be closing at a steady pace per check point and suddenly I'd stop closing for it a bit even though I wasn't dropping much (if any) time on a lap.

Still it's done, I've got my car shared up too in case anyone wants to try out my wacky controller tuned car :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1031 on: August 21, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »

I haven't had time to play lately.  :'(

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1032 on: August 23, 2012, 05:23:31 AM »

Time Trial
400PP Miata: Tsukuba Circuit Time Trial
    Period of Availability: 2012/08/22 23:00 - 2012/09/05 23:00
    Gold: Cr.250,000  Silver: Cr.150,000  Bronze: Cr.100,000 

This Time Trial event takes place on the Tsukuba Circuit using the Mazda Miata (Non-racecar) with 400PP or less. Tires are limited to Comfort/Medium or less.

Time Trial
600PP Autumn Ring Time Trial

This Time Trial event takes place on the Autumn Ring using cars with 600PP or less. Tires are limited to Racing/Hard or less.

Drift Trial
Mazda Miata: Special Stage Route 5 Reverse Drift Trial

This Drift Trial event takes place on the Special Stage Route 5/Reverse course. Only the Mazda Miata is allowed in this event, but there are no restrictions on tuning.

Drift Trial
Côte d'Azur Drift Trial

This Drift Trial event takes place on the Côte d'Azur. There are no restrictions on car models or tuning.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #1033 on: August 24, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »

WTF? The first race was easy, but that FUCKING Autumn Ring track is a mother effer.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1034 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »

Where u bee, Croonah?  We've had a backlog of deliveries from Harro Supplies.  Hope to see you soon, btw do you have RedDeadRedemption?  We've been shootin' up the Old West during your hiatus...  :tex
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 155   Go Up