• May 03, 2024, 02:08:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176968 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1050 on: September 06, 2012, 12:04:42 AM »

That Lambo challenge is a workout(someone else who's rusty). Just wanna say I'm getting sick of chasing a rabbit with 10 blockers
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1051 on: September 06, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »

Dang you Grumpy and your .2  

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1052 on: September 06, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »

@ Dude

:P.   

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1053 on: September 06, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »

@ Dude

:P.   

Very nice '49 Grumpy. Awesome!  :P

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1054 on: September 06, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »

Thanks Dude! ;D

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1055 on: September 06, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »

I tried that  GT Academy time trial event.  ??? I know I'm a little rusty but....what the FUCK. 7:48 for bronze? I managed an 8 13?   I must be missing something.... :-\

I wonder if they changed it earlier in the week as it's now 7'48.000 for the gold TT time, which I still think is a bit excessive particularly compared to to the rest of the GT-A events we've had.  Even the race Rabbit Chase seems overly harsh as you have to run a 7'33 or better to get 1st looking at the 1st place times in the races I ran.

I love the track (Nurb), I don't mind the car at all (much better Feld-tuned than Academy tuned!) and I'm even up for a challenge but some days I just can't be bothered to deal with "stupid".  Sure I could probably have golded both if I spent the time or cared more but I'll take my 2 silvers and be happy :).

Also there's new TTs and Drift challenges up too..

Time Trial No. 44
350PP 1960′s Honda S Series: Suzuka Circuit Time Trial
Gold: Cr.250,000  Silver: Cr.150,000  Bronze: Cr.100,000

550PP Racing Cars: Suzuka Circuit (Wet) Time Trial

Drift Trial No. 44

1960′s Honda S Series: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse Drift Trial

Racing Cars: Cape Ring Outside Drift Trial

I had an absolute blast in the little Honda S600 that I used for the TT, due mostly to the way I'd set the car up.. or more importantly DIDN'T set the car up!  I shoved in all the power into it I could (bolt-ons + engine stages), borrowed the neighbour's fat kid to compensate for power (66kg ballast, center position), installed a custom transmission and clutch and went off to Suzuka.

Bassically I changed as little as I could, the biggest thing was using the stock suspension though as that's what made it truely a fun drive.  I say drive, perhaps sail would be more accurate!  I drive almost exclusively in cockpit view and with it's soft 60s suspension the car was rolling around the corners like it was a sail boat, it was hilarious!  Might be something to consider for a TuTu one day, an older car perhaps with a few power bolt-ons and a transmission but everything else stock and untuned.. I may have to peruse my garage and test out a few older rides!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1056 on: September 06, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »

On the GT-A Nurb TT, I had ran a 7:49.6?? before we went on vacation, which was good enough for silver. I figured I'd try to get gold when we got back. I ran it a few times today with the same setup, just suspension, trans, and drivetrain add ons. Could not run another 49, much less the 47 needed for gold. So I threw some bolt on power adders, and ran the weight to ??80kg, then knocked off the rest of the excessive PP with the engine slider. Ran a 7:45 on the next try. I also should add that I had the Active Steering on strong, not sure if it helped. I also used it and Skid Recovery in the race, as that was the only way I could keep the damn thing on the track, and as posted earlier I still had to drive like a dick to win.

Ran the current TTs and DTs, and they are...........interesting.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1057 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »

Your're right Feldynn. That was for gold. Not that I have a chance for bronze.  :copz:
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1058 on: September 07, 2012, 07:07:50 AM »

I wonder if they changed it earlier in the week as it's now 7'48.000 for the gold TT time, which I still think is a bit excessive particularly compared to to the rest of the GT-A events we've had.  Even the race Rabbit Chase seems overly harsh as you have to run a 7'33 or better to get 1st looking at the 1st place times in the races I ran.

I love the track (Nurb), I don't mind the car at all (much better Feld-tuned than Academy tuned!) and I'm even up for a challenge but some days I just can't be bothered to deal with "stupid".  Sure I could probably have golded both if I spent the time or cared more but I'll take my 2 silvers and be happy :).

Since I had been away on vacation I only really had 2 days to work on the most recent GT-A events and I have to agree boy were they challenging!  I worked on the rabbit chase first since I figured it would be the more difficult of the 2.  Not knowing what I was up against I ran the 370Z in bone stock configuration first and after 1-2 restarts for blunders had a 7:48 time and came in 6th.  I don't like modifying cars in ways that are not reversible so next I maxed out the engine upgrades (440hp) and tweaked the suspension and LSD.  Best I got was 2nd place, down 5 seconds with a high 7:3x time.  After a few more attempts I said to hell with it and did the remaining weight reduction procedures which dropped the weight to 1160kg or so.  I could immediately tell that if I didn't screw up I could finally win this, lol.  Took a few tries to get (mostly) error free and I beat it last night around 11:15 with a time of 7:30.xxx.  Then I thought I could breeze through the TT one (and by the looks of it my stock time in the rabbit chase was almost enough for gold) only to realize that the damn event had expired  >:(

Ack, if only I had more time :P

PSN ID = dawson864

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1059 on: September 07, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »

Time Trial No. 44
Gold: Cr.250,000  Silver: Cr.150,000  Bronze: Cr.100,000

I had an absolute blast in the little Honda S600 that I used for the TT, due mostly to the way I'd set the car up.. or more importantly DIDN'T set the car up!  I shoved in all the power into it I could (bolt-ons + engine stages), borrowed the neighbour's fat kid to compensate for power (66kg ballast, center position), installed a custom transmission and clutch and went off to Suzuka.

Bassically I changed as little as I could, the biggest thing was using the stock suspension though as that's what made it truely a fun drive.  I say drive, perhaps sail would be more accurate!  I drive almost exclusively in cockpit view and with it's soft 60s suspension the car was rolling around the corners like it was a sail boat, it was hilarious!  Might be something to consider for a TuTu one day, an older car perhaps with a few power bolt-ons and a transmission but everything else stock and untuned.. I may have to peruse my garage and test out a few older rides!

Where did you guys find those S Series cars ?  I checked the Honda dealer as well as the Collector's dealership, no luck.

Thanks !

[Edit] Just found a S600 at the used car dealership.  I was either lucky or they provide it so you can run the event...  Just changed oil, phase 2 enhancements for engine and weight, reduced power to match 350 PP, reinforced body, sport chocks, custom transmission with max speed 190 km/h (120 mph).  Shifting was sooo slow, got Twin-Plate Clutch, Semi-racing flywheel and carbon shaft.  Rest is untuned.  This is enough to get gold.

Yves
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:07:56 PM by yvesf »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1060 on: September 07, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »

Time Trial No. 44

I had an absolute blast in the little Honda S600 that I used for the TT, due mostly to the way I'd set the car up.. or more importantly DIDN'T set the car up!  I shoved in all the power into it I could (bolt-ons + engine stages), borrowed the neighbour's fat kid to compensate for power (66kg ballast, center position), installed a custom transmission and clutch and went off to Suzuka.

Bassically I changed as little as I could, the biggest thing was using the stock suspension though as that's what made it truely a fun drive.  I say drive, perhaps sail would be more accurate!  I drive almost exclusively in cockpit view and with it's soft 60s suspension the car was rolling around the corners like it was a sail boat, it was hilarious!  Might be something to consider for a TuTu one day, an older car perhaps with a few power bolt-ons and a transmission but everything else stock and untuned.. I may have to peruse my garage and test out a few older rides!

Where did you guys find those S Series cars ?  I checked the Honda dealer as well as the Collector's dealership, no luck.

Thanks !

Yves

They are standard cars, so they only show up in the used dealer. Send a friend request to Chrome_Tuna, and I'll ship one to you.

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1061 on: September 07, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »

Where did you guys find those S Series cars ?  I checked the Honda dealer as well as the Collector's dealership, no luck.

Thanks !

Yves

They are standard cars, so they only show up in the used dealer. Send a friend request to Chrome_Tuna, and I'll ship one to you.

The game was kind enough to offer one at the used car dealership (I thought those were random picks...)  With a few upgrades but no real tune (see the edit on my previous post) I managed to get gold.  But if you have one with some reasonable tune, just share it, I'll try to get a better online ranking...

Thanks !

Yves

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1062 on: September 13, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »

355PP Lightweight K Cup

Rome City Course / 3 Laps
    Period of Availability: 2012/09/12 23:00 -
    1st: Cr.152,600  2nd: Cr.83,930  3rd: Cr.61,040 

Grand Valley East Section Reverse / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.144,000  2nd: Cr.79,200  3rd: Cr.57,600 

Trial Mountain Circuit / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.191,800  2nd: Cr.105,490  3rd: Cr.76,720 

Tokyo Route 246 / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.220,700  2nd: Cr.121,385  3rd: Cr.88,280

Tokyo Bay (Kart) 107A / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.174,400  2nd: Cr.95,920  3rd: Cr.69,760 

These are expert level race events for Japanese K-cars. Cars can be tuned up to 355PP and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less. If you keep the performance points (PP) of your car low, a "Performance Difference Bonus" will increase the prize credits you receive. For example, a 300PP car will receive approximately double the normal prize.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1063 on: September 13, 2012, 07:13:18 AM »

There's also an update to the Online Car Dealership too, haven't had nearly enough coffee yet to make the InterWeb spit out a full car list but there are a couple of items of note I remember.

1:  Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (standard car edition)
2:  Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe (standard car edition)
3:  Mercury Cougar XR-7 (tomorrow's Midnight Drive-in car, great timing Charlie!)

Of course having standard versions of premium cars probably won't be of interest to everyone here, but I know there are a few completists out there like me that like to have one of everything :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1064 on: September 13, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »

I like to buy just about everything in the online dealership. 0 mile cars that are fully broke in excites the crap outta me. 
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 155   Go Up