SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 03:08:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176970 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1410 on: July 16, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »

Croonah my understanding has been that real life pro drifters seriously quicken their steering ratio.

Along with a bunch of other things.

I have fun drifting in this GAME, and have done more than my fair share of getting sideways in real life.

You don't have to like it, and I don't have to read people talking about how stupid they think it is.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1411 on: July 16, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »

Yeah I know they change much more than the steering I was just keeping the to tthe topic of Cronahs post about the steering in particular. And I was just saying its not for me. I recognize the car control it requires but I am a racer at heart. To me drifting is much about style which means little to me personally as a driver. Was not trying to be insulting and want to be clear about that.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1412 on: July 16, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »

Croonah my understanding has been that real life pro drifters seriously quicken their steering ratio.

Along with a bunch of other things.

I have fun drifting in this GAME, and have done more than my fair share of getting sideways in real life.

You don't have to like it, and I don't have to read people talking about how stupid they think it is.

Sorry mate!  That was my point.  That I don't like it.  I would not want you to stop liking something you enjoy, by any means.    I was hoping my post would be read with a bit of a toung 'n cheek humor, given that it linked some very wildly different things in an analogy and also featured a joke at the end...

I'm not on a serious campaign to get people to stop drifting.  I just hope you all leave enough rubber for the rest of us!

I would echo Baked's comment about rally.  On dirt drifting is an important aspect of the overall driving technique and often necessary for goods times.

I have definitely had some fun in my own car on the dirt and sideways.  Not to mention the many stomachs of passengers I have turned inside out during the process.

VERY FUN!!!!

And I suppose that sort of comes around to disprove my point from before.  Car control that is introduced in drifting is probably a very important thing for everyone to learn at least a little, because hitting the e-brake and drifting when you are coming up to a corner that is MUCH too sharp for your velocity can actually save your car and your life.  At the very least, save you from a ticket when the friendly police come by to rescue you from the ditch. :o

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1413 on: July 16, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »

It's fun.
GT as a franchise fails as a pure SIM.
I (probably) wouldn't try drifting IRL even if I had a proper car for it.
I'd rather do it well and have fun with a separation from SIM than try to use a 900 wheel with little to no connection to actually feeling the car's movements and fail miserably for countless hours for the sake of learning how to play a game. Force feedback in a wheel can't simulate what we're talking about here.
Also, It's fun.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:22:04 PM by Turbo-Tuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1414 on: July 16, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »

While I'm not an intentional drifter I do respect drifting. Drifting was part of Racecamp 2012 GT Academy. 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1415 on: July 16, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »

It just rubbed me the wrong way reading comments that sounded like they were saying that a big part of the game for me, was a waste. I enjoy drifting, and improving doing so. It's no less relevant to me, as running a super fast time is to some of you. That's all I'm going to say about that.  :)

Also, I'm a controller user by choice. I had a wheel, didn't like it, and sold it, with no desire to change.

I still feel like I'm coming off as an asshole, which I get a lot at work, but i don't mean to be. :grphug

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1416 on: July 16, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »

In the years I have known you, you habe neven once come off as an asshole. There is no harm in being true to what you believe. As long as you can state it somewhat respectfully. Its a great big world big enough for all of us. Well most of us.  ::)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1417 on: July 16, 2013, 04:16:52 PM »

Thanks Baked.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1418 on: July 16, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »

Drifting is the only thing keeping me in this game right now. I have fun trying to beat Chrome, (he is quite good  ;D don't cha know) Josh and a few others who do it. If you don't wish to join in that's fine too. It is also nice to be able to actually compete with some people for a change which makes it more enjoyable for me as well. Carry on.  :) Also, also back when I was playing the only racing game on the Intellivision system back in the early 80's I dreamed about what I can now do and enjoy with GT5.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1419 on: July 16, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »

My first attempt at Rome was in my TunaCup S2000 LM Race Car, changed only power, tires, aero. Couldn't beat 6000 points. My competitive side took over and I grabbed my RX7 TC. Very good score Looney.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1420 on: July 17, 2013, 04:42:55 AM »

Thanks Turbo.  :)
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1421 on: July 17, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »

shit, I'd even go so far as to say that I wish GT didn't pander to the drifting "sport" at all.  I use that word reluctantly, mind you.

Yes, I know drifting takes skill, both in mechanics and in driving, but it's much like saying that jumping off of an airplane is a sport or body piercing being a sport.

I don't really want to visualize Ex drifting in a bikini, but having said that, I read recently that there are some "professional" gamers that are now being classified by some US government agency as professional athletes. I didn't see it clarified as to what games these guys are playing, but it may have been some sort of big league sport (there are some big-buck tournaments for them to play). This is raising a few eyebrows, too, as you can imagine.

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
« Reply #1422 on: July 17, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »

shit, I'd even go so far as to say that I wish GT didn't pander to the drifting "sport" at all.  I use that word reluctantly, mind you.

Yes, I know drifting takes skill, both in mechanics and in driving, but it's much like saying that jumping off of an airplane is a sport or body piercing being a sport.

I don't really want to visualize Ex drifting in a bikini

As long as its only the bikini bottoms my eyes are happy!! My mate though... i'm not so sure if he'd be happy with me. I don't want an angry Lombax on my tail. lol

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1423 on: July 18, 2013, 05:09:30 AM »

430PP FF Challenge:

Autumn Ring Mini / 7 Laps
    Period of Availability: 2013/07/17 23:00 -
    1st: Cr.378,000  2nd: Cr.230,580  3rd: Cr.204,120 

Grand Valley East Section / 4 Laps
    1st: Cr.372,000  2nd: Cr.223,200  3rd: Cr.200,880 

Cape Ring South Course / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.375,000  2nd: Cr.228,750  3rd: Cr.202,500

Deep Forest Raceway / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.370,000  2nd: Cr.225,700  3rd: Cr.199,800 

Toscana (Tarmac) 307A / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.380,000  2nd: Cr.231,800  3rd: Cr.205,200

This is an expert level race event using FF cars. Tuning is allowed up to 430PP, and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less. In this race there is a “Performance Difference Bonus” where cars with lower PP receive a reward bonus. For example, winning with a 400PP car in this race will roughly double the reward.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1424 on: July 18, 2013, 07:48:12 AM »

Great news everyone!

This latest seasonal has SRF set to optional, hooray!!  Thankd PD :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 155   Go Up