SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 04:37:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176974 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1515 on: March 13, 2014, 11:56:44 AM »

I for one am a fan of ABS.  :D

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1516 on: March 13, 2014, 12:51:22 PM »

I for one am a fan of ABS.  :D

haha I knew there was a good joke in there... I just couldn't find it.  Though, that's a little more ab than I like on my girls.  Any more, and I'd have to take a hard look at her neck ;)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1517 on: March 13, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »

Renault Sport Clio R.S. Super Lap: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
    Period of Availability: 03/12/2014 22:00 – 04/09/2014 22:00
    Gold: Cr.40,000  Silver: Cr.24,000  Bronze: Cr.18,000
    Gift: GT Japanese 002-C

Mazda Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata Super Lap: Cape Ring South
    Gold: Cr.50,000  Silver: Cr.28,000  Bronze: Cr.20,000
    Gift: GT Gunmetal 003-W

Tesla Roadster Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit
    Gold: Cr.60,000  Silver: Cr.35,000  Bronze: Cr.25,000
    Gift: GT Old Generation 002-W

The Miata TT was fairly easy, using a copy of my old real life NC Roadster "tune".

Now the other two, I'm having a hard time with. Got Silver on both, but a gold is out of reach currently, and I think I'm going to need to find a tune or some more skill one. Ran 40-50 laps at Brands, trying all kinds of stuff, and still .4 from gold.

The Tesla one makes me hate having no engine sound, and no gears to change. I have no idea what the car is doing, might as well not have any sound at all. I'm .8 off that one, and got aggravated with it pretty quick.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1518 on: March 13, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »

I also have about .8 of a second to lose, so there isn't a chance that I won't use ABS until I beat it first. The Tesla doesn't handle well.

I also chose the NC and it took a while to adjust the car a bit from stock, but not much. The Elise took a while, too, so I am happy that PD finally made some challenges that weren't just cakewalks.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1519 on: March 14, 2014, 06:52:50 AM »

Miata one was pretty easy.  I also went with the NC '07 and it handled quite well with no ABS.  Coming down the hill into that last haripin was a bit tricky, but once I got a decent tune on the car, it settled down nicely.  Easy gold.

Clio at Brands was a bit tougher.  Mainly due to the fact that a stock tune probably isn't going to cut it.  I avoid FF cars in this game as much as possible, so I was quite rusty when it came to tuning the car.  Finally settled on using the old GT5 trick of max front ride height/min rear ride height.  It seems like it works in GT6 as well.  That setting got me going in the right direction, and then once I got the rest tweaked in a bit, it was a fairly easy gold.  I think that was my first time ever running no ABS on an FF drivetrain.  Not sure if the comfort softs played a role, but I found it quite difficult to get used to.  No ABS on FR drivetrains feels more natural to me.

Didn't get around to trying the Tesla @ Tsukuba yet.  Not really looking forward to that one. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1520 on: March 14, 2014, 07:34:24 AM »

The Tesla one makes me hate having no engine sound, and no gears to change. I have no idea what the car is doing, might as well not have any sound at all. I'm .8 off that one, and got aggravated with it pretty quick.

maybe this is why PD isn't devoting much attention to engine sounds?  They know that in the future there won't BE any engine sounds!!!!!!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1521 on: March 14, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »

Didn't get around to trying the Tesla @ Tsukuba yet.  Not really looking forward to that one.

I can imagine that FF and no ABS would be a challenge there, esp on that first right. It took me a while to get the tune right.

However, after spending a few hours and probably 100 attempts on the Tesla / Tsukuba lap, I am still around .2-.25 of a second short! I tried everything I could think of to tune this thing, but I ain't getting it done. Yes, I know about putting power on when facing straight down the track, but... Someone on my friends list is about 2 seconds faster and unless he is using SRF, I have no idea how he does it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1522 on: March 14, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »

Didn't get around to trying the Tesla @ Tsukuba yet.  Not really looking forward to that one.

I can imagine that FF and no ABS would be a challenge there, esp on that first right. It took me a while to get the tune right.

However, after spending a few hours and probably 100 attempts on the Tesla / Tsukuba lap, I am still around .2-.25 of a second short! I tried everything I could think of to tune this thing, but I ain't getting it done. Yes, I know about putting power on when facing straight down the track, but... Someone on my friends list is about 2 seconds faster and unless he is using SRF, I have no idea how he does it.

Maybe try a little traction control and get on the throttle as soon as possible in the turn.

Also, I just read the track is wet. Perhaps try some comfort soft tires. I know they work great on a full wet track compared to sports tires.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:57:39 PM by DudeTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1524 on: March 14, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »

doodle

Kid is insanely fast.  We'll be seeing him on TV in a year or so.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1525 on: March 14, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »

doodle

Kid is insanely fast.  We'll be seeing him on TV in a year or so.

i concur

I remember following the GT Academy and he was in for sure I thought, then found out he was too young. So yeah he will definitely be a second rounder at the next Academy. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1526 on: March 14, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »

Maybe try a little traction control and get on the throttle as soon as possible in the turn.

Also, I just read the track is wet. Perhaps try some comfort soft tires. I know they work great on a full wet track compared to sports tires.

I didn't realise that the track was wet. However, the CS tires does the trick! As soon as I put them on, my time dropped by 1.5 secs or so.

Thanks!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1527 on: March 14, 2014, 09:46:16 PM »

I didn't realise that the track was wet. However, the CS tires does the trick! As soon as I put them on, my time dropped by 1.5 secs or so.

Thanks!

Wish I would've seen that sooner.

I did manage to get the Tesla, and Clio TT's gold, but barely, and no SRF. I had made up my mind, I was going to gold them straight up, or not at all. I did use some TC though.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1528 on: March 15, 2014, 07:36:40 PM »

Wow, can't believe the difference Comfort Softs made, on the Tesla TT. Knocked .5 off my SH gold time, in one lap. Switched over to MMX, and golded it there in one lap, and beat my Chrome time. Freaking MMX is always faster than me for some reason.  :P

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1529 on: March 15, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »

Wow, can't believe the difference Comfort Softs made, on the Tesla TT. Knocked .5 off my SH gold time, in one lap. Switched over to MMX, and golded it there in one lap, and beat my Chrome time. Freaking MMX is always faster than me for some reason.  :P

Very nice MMX and dang that Chrome cat likes to relax, right. :)
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 155   Go Up