• May 03, 2024, 11:43:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176959 times)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1545 on: March 29, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »

Last night was the first time I signed in since Sat.   Not motivated enough to even bother signing in these days.

I'm with you Chrome, I'm quickly becoming bored with this.  PD, Give us something dammit!

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1546 on: March 29, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »

:stoopid: :stoopid:
I'm thinking of downloading Shift or Grid
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1547 on: March 29, 2014, 05:52:39 PM »

:stoopid: :stoopid:
I'm thinking of downloading Shift or Grid

My son just picked up Need For Speed Rivals today. I just might try that. I also have The Last us arriving soon.  :D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1548 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »

I have GRID 2 and need some sort of reason to even load it up.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1549 on: March 29, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »

Trying to convey a simple thought but I am usually shitty about doing so but I will try anyhow.
Size of text reflects content of game.
What we were promised for GT6

What we got for GT6

Before that we had GT5

Before that GT5p

And yet we made some fun with GT5p. Just think we are being hung up on the shitty shortcomings of PD and still have some good tools to have some more good times with.
I get it I really do being promised so much and the delivery falling short can make it hard to appreciate the good things that are there but if we did it with prologue certainly the tools we have now should be enough to get out there for some shits and giggles.

Hope that made sense to someone other than me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:12:28 PM by BakedTuna »

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #1550 on: March 29, 2014, 09:06:40 PM »

Trying to convey a simple thought but I am usually shitty about doing so but I will try anyhow.

What we got for GT6

Before that we had GT5

Before that GT5p

And yet we made some fun with GT5p. Just think we are being hung up on the shitty shortcomings of PD and still have some good tools to have some more good times with.
I get it I really do being promised so much and the delivery falling short can make it hard to appreciate the good things that are there but if we did it with prologue certainly the tools we have now should be enough to get out there for some shits and giggles.

:stoopid:

I don't have a ton of time to play, more or less limited to TuTu - haven't even completed 25% of the offline events yet (still have a few whole sections that are locked). I try to do the seasonals if I can but to me, it seems like if the seasonals are too easy, everyone aces them and is bored (understandable). And if they're too hard, it's too frustrating and thus not worth the effort. Is there no middle ground? Isn't it better to be a challenge, even if you can't (gasp) Gold them?

There has to be an update on the way. There has to be.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1551 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »

I seem to have no problem keeping active, and I still have to learn how to drif so that I can finish GT6, but I also understand the effects broken promises and missing updates can take the wind out of players' sails.

It must be getting close to two weeks since I spoke with Taku and had my hopes raised, but still there is no word as to when this will change. I don't get it.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1552 on: March 30, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »

What we got for GT6

Before that we had GT5

Before that GT5p

Cannot deny there is fun to be had, especially when running with good friends/racers, AND I really like GT. Just some days I feel "shorted" more than other days..... sorry for any negativity.

@ MGT, if you think Grid2 is worth a shot I will get it, but I didn't get a very good feeling from the demo
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1553 on: March 30, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »

if you think Grid2 is worth a shot I will get it, but I didn't get a very good feeling from the demo

I'd recommend Shift 2 over Grid 2.  Though neither are particularly great.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1554 on: March 30, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »

Certainly was not looking for any apologies from anyone, rather I was trying to remind everyone where we started GT5p was so limited and that hardly held us back from having plenty of good times spent on track with friends. And the point is, if we were able to do so much with so little then it must not have required an amazing game but rather amazing people to supply us with so many happy moments. Luckily here in the Tunaverse we are chock full of amazing people.

So as I said no need for apologies. I just wanted to share some thoughts and maybe even if only for a moment to look at GT6 in a different light. PD might be responsible for the software, however flawed each edition is and Sony, Logitech and Fanatec all supply the hardware. But we breath life into those parts to make it more than just the sum of it's parts. We have always had to do this but we are so damn good that we can.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1555 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »

if you think Grid2 is worth a shot I will get it, but I didn't get a very good feeling from the demo

I'd recommend Shift 2 over Grid 2.  Though neither are particularly great.

Grid2 is free with playstation plus right now. I didn't particularly like it but I haven't given it much of a chance. Plus is well worth the money though.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1556 on: March 30, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »

Nosoks, thats the word I was looking for.   I just feel "Shorted sometimes"

Not trying to be negative or bring negativity.  I know great racing is always available here.  And, I greatly appreciate that!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1557 on: March 30, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

Nosoks, thats the word I was looking for.   I just feel "Shorted sometimes"

Not trying to be negative or bring negativity.  I know great racing is always available here.  And, I greatly appreciate that!

:stoopid:

I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoy offline stuff almost as much as the online, so the more content, the better. I'm about 3/4 the way done with GT6 on my other ID, so it's not like I'm not trying to enjoy this game.

Also, this thread has officially been :tunaz fied.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1558 on: March 30, 2014, 04:06:14 PM »

I feel like GT6 is less than GT5 these days.  GT6s physics are better and it feels like a more consistent game.  AI is different but really isn't any better.  It may actually be more frustrating than GT5.  The license tests in GT6 are easier by a long shot than GT5 and GT6 doesn't have nearly as many special events.  What happened to the persistent leaderboards of GT5P?  2 week seasonals just aren't long enough.

GT6 was supposed to be designed so it could be easily updated through the life of the game.  It has been nearly four months and we haven't had a single significant update since the game came out.  This is all part of a pattern of behaviour from PD.  They just can't release things in a timely fashion.  The new thing is instead of delaying the game, they have just delayed half of the features in the game.

I don't have much time to play online these days so I'm looking for a game that I can start up and quickly have a fun race.  Right now there are much better options on the PC.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1559 on: March 30, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

Maybe thats part of why my opinion seems to be different than so many other folks, is because I am almost exclusively online. I have like 320 hours of drive time but until about a week ago I had not even opened the s class license tests. I turn the rig on and room up pretty quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 155   Go Up