SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 12:57:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176963 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1815 on: October 20, 2014, 05:35:35 AM »

Ran the Nurb one yesterday with the ZZII, and the rabbit was the Lambo Mercisomething. The lap time was almost a minute slower than when running the Rocket, but I still managed to win. I was door to door with the Lambo, all the way down the long straight, and up to the last set of esses. I was on the ragged edge. 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1816 on: October 20, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »

Ferrari 458 worked for me also. Although I did have the Buick in P1 at the start.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1817 on: October 20, 2014, 09:23:31 AM »

Ran the Nurb one yesterday with the ZZII, and the rabbit was the Lambo Mercisomething. The lap time was almost a minute slower than when running the Rocket, but I still managed to win. I was door to door with the Lambo, all the way down the long straight, and up to the last set of esses. I was on the ragged edge. 

That Lambo has legs.  ^-^

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1818 on: October 20, 2014, 10:47:43 AM »

I had a few seconds lead going down the long straight and the AI car was keeping pace with mine. Then, as if it got a long shot of NOS, it zoomed up to be just behind me, then kept pace again.

I really hope GT7 has better AI capabilities because these guys are hopeless.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1819 on: October 20, 2014, 12:22:35 PM »

it was one of Praiano's tunes.  ill copy the link when Im able to.

I saw last night you're on top of my friends list for lap time at Indy. I did my own base tune and was able to get gold, but I might have to re-try with the Praiano tune. He is definitely a great tuner and I have used several of his tunes in the past. His tune for the FGT car makes a huge difference and easily got me gold at the Silverstone challenge a little while back. Using other peoples tunes has taught me a lot about tuning and I'm still not great at it by any means. I have created an online room a couple times with the intent of running some serious laps on a car to do tuning, but usually others enter and we just end up racing. It takes some patience to work out a tune on a car and I am more of a 'go fast right meow' kind of guy.

I actually used that tune as well, mostly because MotorCity Hammy did not have one up (yet).

P's tune is extremely agile and rotates very well.  Perhaps too well.  You may want to "normalize" his tune by taking out a little of the extreme-ness of the balance...

With his tune, simply brake ahead of corner, turn in, let the natural rotation work for a period of time, giving it little to no gas, wait for car to point towards exit, THEN gas.  Unneeded inputs will really upset his car's setup, FWIW

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1820 on: October 20, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »

Wow, the McLaren MP4-12C is a beast for Nürburgring Nordschleife.  I finally managed to get a sub-7 minutes lap time, and that was with a couple of minor mistakes plus getting held up by the Alfa TZ3.  It was the first time I have driven the McL.  (Never really like the look of the car, I thought that the modern McL are too sterile in their designs....that's the reason why it has taken me so long to get the car.  But man, what a car.)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1821 on: October 20, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »

fought my Schwimmwagen up to 9st, fell back to 11rd on the straight and back to 10st at the end 
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1822 on: October 21, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »

fought my Schwimmwagen up to 9st, fell back to 11rd on the straight and back to 10st at the end 

James May once said in an episode of Top Gear that the British should have carpet bombed the nurburgring during "the war".  I'm glad they didn't :D

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1823 on: October 21, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »

Soks, that gives me an idea. I have a Honda Insight tuned for the Nurb 24 min race, that I could just about win with. I may try it on this seasonal, just to see if the rabbits slow down enough to catch them.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1824 on: October 21, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »

Insight was a no go, with the couple different groups I tried. Still managed a solid 9rd place, with it at 452pp.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1825 on: October 21, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

tried the willow spring drift event with a target of 10,000 points got to 9902. close enough for now.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1826 on: October 22, 2014, 05:12:13 AM »

Way to go Baked!

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1827 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:12 AM »

Tried to beat the Nurburgring race with a stock Mustang Boss.  Aston Martin One-77 was on pole, so that didn't work.  Finished 3rd with a low 7's time.  This gave me the opportunity to notice another flaw - the 6th gear of the Boss is ridiculously tall.  Once you shift out of 5th gear at 160 mph forget it...you're not going to accelerate anymore.

Switched over to a stock 430 Scuderia and won (LP640 on pole) with a time just a bit quicker than the Boss.  7:03.xxx IIRC.  The really baffling thing was, when the race results were shown, my time, as well as every other car's times, was wrong.  It had my winning time listed as 8:03.xxx. ???

Anyone else experience this glitch?

PSN ID = dawson864

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1828 on: October 22, 2014, 08:17:14 AM »

Tried to beat the Nurburgring race with a stock Mustang Boss.  Aston Martin One-77 was on pole, so that didn't work.  Finished 3rd with a low 7's time.  This gave me the opportunity to notice another flaw - the 6th gear of the Boss is ridiculously tall.  Once you shift out of 5th gear at 160 mph forget it...you're not going to accelerate anymore.

Switched over to a stock 430 Scuderia and won (LP640 on pole) with a time just a bit quicker than the Boss.  7:03.xxx IIRC.  The really baffling thing was, when the race results were shown, my time, as well as every other car's times, was wrong.  It had my winning time listed as 8:03.xxx. ???

I have done about 10 runs and it always shows an incorrect time around 8:03 in the standings, my best time as I crossed the finish line was 6:59.8xx in the ZZII.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1829 on: October 22, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »

Your lap time is shown first, then total race time. It takes roughly a minute at the beginning of the event for your car to cross the Start line.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 155   Go Up