SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 02:24:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176969 times)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1860 on: October 30, 2014, 07:21:05 AM »

The RUF 3400S was magic.  Finally got under the 9:30 mark.  9:29.XXX.  Beat my old time by 3 seconds.

Wolf, I think an RX7 might do well here also.

Nice time Boston!  And yes, the RX7 does do well there - shaved a 1/2 second off my personal best (with the GSXR-4) with an FD last night...now just about half a second behind Enyo_Grilled.  I gave my RX7 stage 3 weight reduction, customized transmission and a rear wing.  So about 345 hp and 1050 kg.  And if I actually learn the last 25% of the course better the RX7 is probably capable dropping at least another 5 seconds. 

The GSRX-R is still faster through turns, but not by much...and above 120 mph the RX7 pulls hard on that Suzuki.

PSN ID = dawson864

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1861 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »

I managed to get the VW through Sierra with only a single wall hump. Next will be the Ferrari then back to this seasonal.  ^-^

I tried the Ferrari event last night and was pleasantly surprised, I usually have the worst luck with stock mid-engine cars but I managed to snag the gold score on the second completed run and without too many failed runs either!  Partly I think that was due to our old friend Skid Recovery Force being stuck on though :(.

Anyways, I then proceeded to the Seasonal race and am now hitting the 3 minute wall, repeatedly, with my face.. over, and over >:(  haha.  Probably be ok once I settle into a car and try not to push it too much though, more face on wall action later :lolz

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1862 on: October 30, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »

I managed to get the VW through Sierra with only a single wall hump. Next will be the Ferrari then back to this seasonal.  ^-^

I tried the Ferrari event last night and was pleasantly surprised, I usually have the worst luck with stock mid-engine cars but I managed to snag the gold score on the second completed run and without too many failed runs either!  Partly I think that was due to our old friend Skid Recovery Force being stuck on though :(.

Also, if you'll notice, they staggered the tires on that car. SM fronts, SS rears. That helps a bunch too.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1863 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:58 AM »

I managed to get the VW through Sierra with only a single wall hump. Next will be the Ferrari then back to this seasonal.  ^-^

I tried the Ferrari event last night and was pleasantly surprised, I usually have the worst luck with stock mid-engine cars but I managed to snag the gold score on the second completed run and without too many failed runs either!  Partly I think that was due to our old friend Skid Recovery Force being stuck on though :(.

Also, if you'll notice, they staggered the tires on that car. SM fronts, SS rears. That helps a bunch too.

Mostly it's the moronic AI and lack of track knowledge that are causing me grief.   

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1864 on: October 31, 2014, 07:07:12 AM »

Boston, did you drop me from your PSN friends list?  I knew I had you on my friend's list last month when I tried to join in on some Saturday night drunk racing, but now you're nowhere to be found on my Sierra Time Trial leaderboard.  And after not seeing your name there I looked at my friend's list...and you're not there  :(

Just for kicks I took a Ferrari FXX out around Sierra on RM tires...holy fuck nuts I forgot how fast that car is.    I had 2 crashes but stock I think that car's capable of an 8:15ish time.

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1865 on: October 31, 2014, 09:04:46 AM »

Boston, did you drop me from your PSN friends list?  I knew I had you on my friend's list last month when I tried to join in on some Saturday night drunk racing, but now you're nowhere to be found on my Sierra Time Trial leaderboard.  And after not seeing your name there I looked at my friend's list...and you're not ther:(

Just for kicks I took a Ferrari FXX out around Sierra on RM tires...holy fuck nuts I forgot how fast that car is.    I had 2 crashes but stock I think that car's capable of an 8:15ish time.

I think it's PSN problems as I've had this happen to me with several friends on my list. Next time you log in he will probably show up on the list again.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1866 on: October 31, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »

I had the Ferrari Sierra run in the bag then managed to choke at an S bend before some bridge just a minute or so from the finish. AAARRRGGGGG!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1867 on: October 31, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »

I had the Ferrari Sierra run in the bag then managed to choke at an S bend before some bridge just a minute or so from the finish. AAARRRGGGGG!

Hang in there Ucan dew eet!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1868 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »

Boston, did you drop me from your PSN friends list?  I knew I had you on my friend's list last month when I tried to join in on some Saturday night drunk racing, but now you're nowhere to be found on my Sierra Time Trial leaderboard.  And after not seeing your name there I looked at my friend's list...and you're not there  :(

No sir, I did not drop you. 
I wanted to chase your blue line around. I went yesterday looking for you on my list as well.   I could not find you.  I dunno what is going on.  I sent a FR to Wolfpack987 to get ya back on it.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1869 on: November 01, 2014, 11:27:53 PM »

10:00.132 .. fuckit, I just can't be bothered wasting any more time wallhumping on that stupid timetrial anymore.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1870 on: November 02, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »

10:00.132 .. fuckit, I just can't be bothered wasting any more time wallhumping on that stupid timetrial anymore.

I barely squeaked through with a 9:58.xxx. I used the Shelby Series One. Try another go at a later date when you are fresh, you'll get it.

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1871 on: November 02, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »

2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de la Sierra
I only drove on the Sierra circuit twice before this seasonal with the Abath.  To go through the circuit with a more powerful car, and ran off-track was pure frustration.  You probably know this trick already... Because of the length of the circuit, I found that it was best to set a banker lap with no incidents to secure the Silver trophy, then use the little arrow on the map to figure out how much further you need to stay in front in order to get gold.  Gold with Lotus Elise 111R, then improved time with Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD).   Both cars have additional downforce.

A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track
At one point, Ascari was one of my most disliked track... Now I find that Ascari is a lot of fun.  For this time trial, I have tried the following in "almost stock" form (SS Tires with no oil change. No other add-on parts):

Enzo:  Barely using 1/2 the gears.  Understeer quite a bit.  Likely need to brake earlier into the corners
F40:  Too tired in the day, could not finish a lap in stock form.  Used a tuned version instead
F430:  Not too bad for grinding credits
GTO:  Exciting car to chase and be chased
365:  Got rammed hard by the Enzo before the first "gentle" right at the back straight
430 Scuderia:  2nd best car for grinding credits
458: Best car for grinding credits.  Can really throw the car around the track
512: A bit hairy, got hunted down by the Enzo.  Once got rammed by the Enzo into the wall just before the kink at pit exit.  The car is still possible for a win
599: Too bloody heavy.  Have to brake a lot earlier to make the corners (Last car I tried)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:28:12 PM by NumbSkuld »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1872 on: November 03, 2014, 06:20:13 AM »

I might be in the minority, but I like Sierra, and even though I don't play this game a lot, I turn a lap or two there every time I do play.

I like Ascari as well, and have run that race a few times. My favorite weapon of choice being a race prepped California. I thought I had it maxed out, but it's still stock weight.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1873 on: November 03, 2014, 09:26:26 AM »

I might be in the minority, but I like Sierra, and even though I don't play this game a lot, I turn a lap or two there every time I do play.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I've grumbled about the Sierra time trial recently I do really like the track itself too :).  I just dislike doing TimeTrials on it due to the length of 1 lap, same goes for the Nordshcleif / full Nurb tracks as they are great tracks too but I find their length equally frustrating when it comes to TTing :).

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1874 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:12 PM »

No sir, I did not drop you. 
I wanted to chase your blue line around. I went yesterday looking for you on my list as well.   I could not find you.  I dunno what is going on.  I sent a FR to Wolfpack987 to get ya back on it.

Weirdness.  BTW that FR won't do any good, my PSN handle is dawson864   

I did that Sierra TT so many times that I was a master of the first half of the track...nobody on the friends list was ahead of me there...I'm hoping to be able to see Boston's line if the network fixes itself  :P

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 155   Go Up