SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 04:09:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176973 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #1935 on: December 22, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »

Do you remember what your room settings were, Boston?  It might just be coincidence but we had the same thing happen on Thursday night (though on a smaller scale), if I remember right it was the first time I'd used the "non-fixed host" option in quite a while so I'm wondering if that may be part of what's causing a problem.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1936 on: December 22, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »

Dear PD and Kaz,

Thank you very much for the Christmas gift of new seasonal events.  Nothing brings me more joy than logging into a game five days straight in the hopes that I can complete a random drift challenge and technical challenges that are nothing more than memorization of AI patterns that I hate doing just so I can be afforded the possibility of earning credits to buy more cars and stuff to use in races in a game that does nothing to represent real racing aside from having cars and tracks that are seen in real life.

In addition the final weather challenge race is a step above all others in the game.  Now not only do we have to chase down a fast car that starts over 20 seconds ahead of us in an insanely few number of laps, that fortunately slows down to allow us to catch up halfway through the race, we finally have an event that makes good use of the variable weather that changes the track from wet to dry to wet to dry over 10 laps and the amazing physics that allow the cars to hydroplane over invisible water sitting on the track.

With this and the exceptional quality of the online system, what more could a person who has loved cars and motorsports their entire life possibly want???

Some say that regardless of the gift it’s the thought that counts. Well all I can say is I'm reading you loud and clear. Keep up the exceptional work and I look forward to all of the additional improvements and changes that will only make the game better and better over time as you have proven to do since the very beginning. GT 6 is the greatest racing game ever. Long live GT 6 and bring on the enhanced and all mighty uber-game, GT 7.

Thank you and Merry Christmas. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1937 on: December 22, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »

Dear PD and Kaz,

Thank you very much for the Christmas gift of new seasonal events.  Nothing brings me more joy than logging into a game five days straight in the hopes that I can complete a random drift challenge and technical challenges that are nothing more than memorization of AI patterns that I hate doing just so I can be afforded the possibility of earning credits to buy more cars and stuff to use in races in a game that does nothing to represent real racing aside from having cars and tracks that are seen in real life.

In addition the final weather challenge race is a step above all others in the game.  Now not only do we have to chase down a fast car that starts over 20 seconds ahead of us in an insanely few number of laps, that fortunately slows down to allow us to catch up halfway through the race, we finally have an event that makes good use of the variable weather that changes the track from wet to dry to wet to dry over 10 laps and the amazing physics that allow the cars to hydroplane over invisible water sitting on the track.

With this and the exceptional quality of the online system, what more could a person who has loved cars and motorsports their entire life possibly want???

Some say that regardless of the gift it’s the thought that counts. Well all I can say is I'm reading you loud and clear. Keep up the exceptional work and I look forward to all of the additional improvements and changes that will only make the game better and better over time as you have proven to do since the very beginning. GT 6 is the greatest racing game ever. Long live GT 6 and bring on the enhanced and all mighty uber-game, GT 7.

Thank you and Merry Christmas. 

Glad you like it, but I am a real racer now and have quit playing with video games.

Yours Truly
Kaz

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1938 on: December 22, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »

Until I can find a better list, here's the bullet points...

Chevy Chaparral 2X VGT Super Lap:
        High Speed Ring

GT site says if you gold everything, it's 10 million credits. Not sure if that's with a maxed out log in.

Also, for the VGT cars, you just have to make a lap, to get them.

Got 0:45,244, that brings me to rank 9633, and 1 out of 6 in the friends list.  I'm sure you guys can do better ;-)  Just need to keep that beast on the track.  GSA OFF obviously.  I had to decrease wheel feedback from 8 to 5.

Had a quick look at the prices, looks like you need the 200% to reach 10 million credits.  But that's if you gold everything.  I sure can't.  I spent half an hour to gold the Chaparral on HSR.  I don't know the other tracks enough to reach gold.  That's without saying that I wouldn't gold the Jaguar on any track...  Anyways, getting Silver is usually easy, and it would bring around 5M at 200%.  Not bad.

Yves

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1939 on: December 22, 2014, 06:21:03 PM »

Do you remember what your room settings were, Boston?  It might just be coincidence but we had the same thing happen on Thursday night (though on a smaller scale), if I remember right it was the first time I'd used the "non-fixed host" option in quite a while so I'm wondering if that may be part of what's causing a problem.

99% of the time I set up my lounge to race in Public.  I also set up my rooms to NON-Fixed Host.  When I start the room I have a bunch of friends jump in very quickly.  So, I'm not worried about some stranger having control.  I had to restart our room once because of the invisibility issues and then when it started happening at the second room I called it a night.
I dunno if it because of more online traffic due to the holidays, the new seasonals with Vision cars or a combo of both.  It makes me NOT want to play this!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1940 on: December 24, 2014, 11:39:27 PM »

Mt painarama is now taking my PS3 in to full retard, disc eject to reboot, the ps button does nothing.

I did manage to figure out to overtake the first AI on the left by timing it right.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1941 on: December 25, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »

I did manage to figure out to overtake the first AI on the left by timing it right.

and thats just the beginning part of space wheeeeeeeeeee
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1942 on: December 25, 2014, 12:51:03 PM »

Haven't ran them all yet, and definitely won't be running Mt Painintheassa, but these are pretty good. I hate Suzuka, but I enjoyed that race. Ran intermediates, for the whole race, pitted at the end of lap 5.

Also, went back and ran the Chapperal TT, since they reworked the handling. I'm right at gold's door step, and of course MMX had no trouble getting gold. That guy burns me up.  :laugh

I was not thrilled to see another LMP car, but that LM55 is a pretty sweet ride.

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1943 on: December 26, 2014, 04:38:52 PM »

+1 on the Mazda.... seems like a good car, worked for the Suzuki survival thing, detuned and some weight
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #1944 on: December 27, 2014, 06:15:47 AM »

the survival on suzuka is next to impossible in almost every car ive tried gets to lap 3 and the cars uncontrollable even on rain tires and also tried on the old sports softs trick from gt5
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1945 on: December 27, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »

I am waiting for the Notwork to get back up before trying to finish these off.
I never got this far and don't know the conditions, so I can't advise you yet.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1946 on: December 27, 2014, 12:43:30 PM »

the survival on suzuka is next to impossible in almost every car ive tried gets to lap 3 and the cars uncontrollable even on rain tires and also tried on the old sports softs trick from gt5

Josh, try the Honda HSV.  Put INTERMEDIATE  RAIN tires on BEFORE the start.  
I pitted on lap 6.  No gas and fresh Intermediate rain tires.  Remember to short shift.  Prevents a lot of wheel spin and saves the tires.  Finished 22 seconds ahead of the next person.  One attempt and done.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:45:09 PM by Boston77Bruins »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1947 on: December 27, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »

Yeah, if you were able to do the Nurburgring one, this one should be a piece of cake.

I used the Ferrari 330 P4 and the same technique: IM tires (don't make them squeal), stay out for 6 laps, then you can push harder in the second half, if you need to. I came into the pits and was pressing on the gas, so I had no control over the gas or tire change, made a few "mistakes", hit the pit entrance wall, got pushed off the track once and still had a comfortable lead.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1948 on: December 27, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »

Josh, try the Honda HSV.  Put INTERMEDIATE  RAIN tires on BEFORE the start.  
I pitted on lap 6.  No gas and fresh Intermediate rain tires.  Remember to short shift.  Prevents a lot of wheel spin and saves the tires.  Finished 22 seconds ahead of the next person.  One attempt and done.

:stoopid:
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #1949 on: December 27, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »

ok thanks guys will try that and is the nurburg one still open ?
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 155   Go Up