• May 03, 2024, 09:55:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176955 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #2175 on: June 27, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »

I didn't own the car.  How that one slipped by, I dunno. :-\

I'll give Dudes tune a try and see if I can knock off those 2 seconds you have on me.  It's gonna be tough.  But, I look forward to the challenge.

Anyone try the 580pp street cars yet?  My rocket is getting killed on the long straight but I'm tearing it up in the twisties.  Need to tweak the tune and then I think I'll have a good shot at a top position.

If I can get a few things done here this afternoon I may have an hour or so to try it out. 580 points not sure what car to use though. Maybe the 111R or a S2000 tuner car something nimble but with a bit of power possibly a NSX.

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #2176 on: June 27, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »

I didn't own the car.  How that one slipped by, I dunno. :-\

I'll give Dudes tune a try and see if I can knock off those 2 seconds you have on me.  It's gonna be tough.  But, I look forward to the challenge.

Anyone try the 580pp street cars yet?  My rocket is getting killed on the long straight but I'm tearing it up in the twisties.  Need to tweak the tune and then I think I'll have a good shot at a top position.

If I can get a few things done here this afternoon I may have an hour or so to try it out. 580 points not sure what car to use though. Maybe the 111R or a S2000 tuner car something nimble but with a bit of power possibly a NSX.

The only car I tried was the X-Bow Street at 580PP.  It may not have the top speed like other cars, but it more than makes up for it through hugging the corners.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2177 on: June 27, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »

@Boston and Baked, nice times boys. This one not for me, always struggle at Silverstone.

@ Turbo,,nice positive write up buddy and a very nice time. I knuckled down last night and got a silver time.

In the 580 street car I use my BMW M3 GTR.
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2178 on: June 27, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »

Ran the 580 point time trial some tonight tried Shelby Series One good enough for gold. Moved on to the F430 Scuderia good enough for second on my friends list. Finally tried the NSX LM Road Car good enough for a 1:20.112. Think I will be able to squeeze a 1:19.xxx before the seasonal goes away.

Also went back to the FGT @Silverstone whittled away a bit more was happy with a 1:32.123. Think I can see a 1:31.xxx before this pne goes away.

Good luck any/everyone chasing this looks to be a pair of fun ones for us to swap times back and forth

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2179 on: June 28, 2015, 07:35:34 AM »

I got up early today to try and give you guys some competition. I got close in 580 route 5, but I find my lack of track time and especially Maggots and Beckets destroying me at Silverstone.

More track time will help. I've also started looking at replays. 7th gear t1 is now possible,but many others are beyond for now.

Good luck and this is fun.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2180 on: June 28, 2015, 10:14:56 AM »

Yeah the Tomahawk X is pretty much beyond drivable in that very few can drive it anywhere near its limits. The base model(s) is not terrible. The race model (GTS-R) at Dayona isn't bad either. I enjoyed my time there. I dug in at the Ring and got 1 clean lap after 2 hours. 4:43. I had to remember not to drive at the car's limits, because I can't. I drove closer to my limits. Brakes stabilize this car a lot, so I had to use brakes whenever the car was getting unstable, and stay the hell away from curbs..the suspension can't handle them. There's no way that car could be raced...anywhere other than a big oval. I miss racing

This thing is a special kind of awful... I attempted 3 laps at the Ring, got 1 in under 6 minutes. The other two I was in the grass within 30 seconds. Just stuck it in 4th gear and rode around.

You're right though... that car is only good on an oval... a very, very big oval... I think a high-draft TuTu is in the works...

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2181 on: June 28, 2015, 05:08:31 PM »

Honestly I fail to see the value in many of the Vision Cars but these srt things are by far and away the worst yet. It was as if  Mark Shinedling, SRT advanced concepts manager, got the projects goals from a fourth grader. Who else would come up with a 400 MPH car that is supposed to be used somewhere other than the Bonneville Salt Flats?

Why is the "Real Driving Simulator" giving us fantasy cars that have little if anything to do with real driving? I understand drawing the brands in so they can showcase where they are headed but does anyone think this is where cars are going to be in five, ten, fifteen or hell even twenty years? From my point of view it lessens PD's credibility as for being a simulator and leads me to think of this as all more video gamey. The Chapparal was bad enough but these are making me wonder how far off Tron light cycles can be from seeming acceptable to PD.

PD could be laying out some guidelines for the manufacturers participating in the Vision program. To keep things at least somewhat in the realm of reality and still get people's attention. BMW and VW did decent jobs of their Vision attempts while not going too far for a couple of examples. There have been some others but those two come to mind first.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2182 on: June 28, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »

Honestly I fail to see the value in many of the Vision Cars but these srt things are by far and away the worst yet. It was as if  Mark Shinedling, SRT advanced concepts manager, got the projects goals from a fourth grader. Who else would come up with a 400 MPH car that is supposed to be used somewhere other than the Bonneville Salt Flats?

Why is the "Real Driving Simulator" giving us fantasy cars that have little if anything to do with real driving? I understand drawing the brands in so they can showcase where they are headed but does anyone think this is where cars are going to be in five, ten, fifteen or hell even twenty years? From my point of view it lessens PD's credibility as for being a simulator and leads me to think of this as all more video gamey. The Chapparal was bad enough but these are making me wonder how far off Tron light cycles can be from seeming acceptable to PD.

PD could be laying out some guidelines for the manufacturers participating in the Vision program. To keep things at least somewhat in the realm of reality and still get people's attention. BMW and VW did decent jobs of their Vision attempts while not going too far for a couple of examples. There have been some others but those two come to mind first.

:stoopid: Well said.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2183 on: June 29, 2015, 01:08:15 AM »

Admittedly (and in retrospect) I think the worst Vision GT cars tend to stand out much more and perhaps even overshadow some of the more decent other ones, when faced with ridiculous monstrosities like the SRT (and the Chaparral, though I never drove that) it's easy to forget the more legit ones like the BMW, Toyota and Lexus that seem to be more along the lines of concept GT500 or GT3 style race cars.  Even the odd little retro style Alpine race car didn't seem all that bad from what I remember.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2184 on: June 29, 2015, 07:06:50 AM »

Admittedly (and in retrospect) I think the worst Vision GT cars tend to stand out much more and perhaps even overshadow some of the more decent other ones, when faced with ridiculous monstrosities like the SRT (and the Chaparral, though I never drove that) it's easy to forget the more legit ones like the BMW, Toyota and Lexus that seem to be more along the lines of concept GT500 or GT3 style race cars.  Even the odd little retro style Alpine race car didn't seem all that bad from what I remember.

:stoopid: Or the Mini or the VW's

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2185 on: June 29, 2015, 08:26:24 AM »

Made my original goals last night at the current seasonals. Into the 1:19's at SS Rt 5 and into the 1:31's at Silverstone. So everything from here on out is gravy.

Made my time at Silverstone after having smashed my finger leaving it with a chunk missing, bleeding and throbbing. Thought that would be a good time to run some laps. I know crazy eh? But my thinking was that focusing on driving would distract me from the pain. It must have worked as I found my time at Silverstone on only my second lap. So here is my tip (not really) hurt yourself, nothing too drastic, before you run time trials so your mind will want to focus entirely on your driving.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2186 on: June 29, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »

:stoopid:

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2187 on: June 29, 2015, 12:44:25 PM »

I felt some camber in the back end of the FGT helped at Siliverstone. I have 0.0F/2.0R. LSD 20/5/30 (I think)

I'll see if I can find time to attack your lap Baked. I did well in my first attempt (I did quite a few laps)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2188 on: June 29, 2015, 01:16:26 PM »

Re: the SRT insanity @ Noodleburg. Some freaks can drive that thing. I watched the P1 replay on Sunday and it is pure craziness, but obviously quite possible for some.

I need lots of laps at Silverstone. The Maggots, Becketts complex is destroying my lap time.  ^-^

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2189 on: June 29, 2015, 05:06:02 PM »

I slapped that tune you provided Dude.  I improved my initial time by over a second.  I'm either to aggressive with the throttle or I need to tweak 3nd and 4nd gears a little more.  I'm losing a shit ton of time on exit with wheel spin.

Thank you for providing a very nice tune.  I'll have a go at it again sometime this week.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 155   Go Up