SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 09:49:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: An evening at Spa-Francorchamps  (Read 3413 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: An evening at Spa-Francorchamps
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »

I can't say that I know the track, but I'm certainly more familiar with it than before last night.  It's a neat track, reminds me of the 'Ring only with an actual track instead of some shitty road. 

Taking off a few months and doing nothing but a couple races here and there against the AI kills your skills.  In a sense, it was similar to my first online race...realizing there was traffic to run with (at least til I crashed and ended up running the rest of the race by myself).  I felt like a newbie out there, and it showed.

After some races, I got comfortable running with other cars and was able to only kill myself once or twice a race.  Unfortunately, I rarely died without taking half the field with me.  In one race, I died twice, took Spec to the pearly gates with me, and the fucker still almost won the race. 

One thing that I realized this morning is that I may have spit in the face of good etiquette.  Before my hiatus from racing, I'd been doing some racing with the 4-letter.  Their policy is now to continue racing, even if you kill someone (at least it was during my last race with them).  Last night, that's how I played, so I apologize to anyone who expected me to stop only to watch me continue one.  For what it's worth, I don't recall taking anyone out, mostly my accidents were self-induced and others may have died with me, but I don't recall getting into someone and taking them out.  Anyway, sorry about that.

Despite consistently finishing at the bottom, it reminded me of why I enjoy online racing (except the damned microphones, I'm nearly deaf this morning).  If I'm smart enough to find the events, hopefully you'll see me on the track more (the time change tonight always allows me more racing time).

Thanks for the good times.

LR-MR-maxking39

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »

i had fun for the short time that i was on there. Great combo of car and track
It's good to be king!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2011, 11:45:13 AM »

Thanks Wizard.

This was a really fun combo.

I'm in the same boat as Rick.  I haven't raced with you guys in a long time and it shows.  Wiz, Fried, Spec. were turning some incredible lap times.  Nicely done gents.  My best time was a 2:24.424.  Sadly, I could only do that once every 5 laps. :-[

Thanks again guys and sorry for the early braking and crashing.  Those were the first laps I turned at this place.

LR-MR-maxking39

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2011, 04:31:30 PM »

Great race SpecMiata look forward to racin with you again
It's good to be king!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 11:55:20 AM »

I had a lot of fun in these cars even though my best lap time all night was 2'25.0xx. I am really loving Spa too.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »

While I was totally outmatched during the evening at Spa and the racing did nothing to knock off the rust from my skills, it did whet my appetite for more racing.  Now that the time has changed I've got a little more free time at night and I'm hoping to race more with some humans in the near future. 

I'm currently running low on funds so I started the 4-hour 'Ring enduro.  Hope to have that knocked out in a couple days then get back to racing against you guys again.  Hopefully I won't spend so much time as the caboose in the future. 

As always, thanks for the racing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up