General > Metal's Chambre des Racing

24 Hours of Le Mans/ALMS

<< < (2/13) > >>

Turbo-Tuna:
Interesting bit...Michael Waltrip is planning on participating...in a 458 Italia

Metal:

--- Quote from: Turbo-Tuna on February 25, 2012, 10:53:03 AM ---Interesting bit...Michael Waltrip is planning on participating...in a 458 Italia

--- End quote ---

Yeah i find that funny as well. As a matter of fact i believe he took part in the 2011 LeMans race, and his car was involved in the big overnight wreck with the Peugeot although he was not driving at the time.

DesertSniper72:
Walrtip did run the 458 last year, though I thought it took out one of the Audis. He also ran it at Daytona this year. I think it's pretty cool that he stepped out of the Nascar box for something that involves turning right.

TheHotstepper:

--- Quote from: DesertSniper72 on February 25, 2012, 11:51:58 AM ---Walrtip did run the 458 last year, though I thought it took out one of the Audis. He also ran it at Daytona this year. I think it's pretty cool that he stepped out of the Nascar box for something that involves turning right.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Rob Kauffman his business partner (a "gentleman racer" = amateur) almost killed Mike Rockenfeller overnight at Le Mans because he didn't hold his line quite as he should have. ACO officials parked him for the rest of the race - or, being French and so polite, they "suggested" he step aside). And Waltrip has run a number of races with he, Kauffman and Rui Aguas... they did Le Mans and the Dubai 24 last year and Daytona & Sebring with an eye on Le Mans again. As Michael proved at Daytona on Thursday (wrecking all by himself coming off pit road) he may be better suited to sports cars where he can hand the wheel over to someone else after a while.

Metal:

--- Quote from: TheHotstepper on February 25, 2012, 12:35:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: DesertSniper72 on February 25, 2012, 11:51:58 AM ---Walrtip did run the 458 last year, though I thought it took out one of the Audis. He also ran it at Daytona this year. I think it's pretty cool that he stepped out of the Nascar box for something that involves turning right.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Rob Kauffman his business partner (a "gentleman racer" = amateur) almost killed Mike Rockenfeller overnight at Le Mans because he didn't hold his line quite as he should have. ACO officials parked him for the rest of the race - or, being French and so polite, they "suggested" he step aside). And Waltrip has run a number of races with he, Kauffman and Rui Aguas... they did Le Mans and the Dubai 24 last year and Daytona & Sebring with an eye on Le Mans again. As Michael proved at Daytona on Thursday (wrecking all by himself coming off pit road) he may be better suited to sports cars where he can hand the wheel over to someone else after a while.

--- End quote ---

thanks for the correction stepper, i was at work and didn't have a ton of time to research/remember lol. "being French and so polite, they "suggested" he step aside" that made me laugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version