SupaTunaGT

• May 05, 2024, 10:11:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Linked Events

• TuTu - RX7: August 26, 2014
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutu August 26 2014 - A Classic  (Read 1745 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Tutu August 26 2014 - A Classic
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:52:48 PM »

Car: Any RX-7 road car. You can run as many as you want!

Setup: Stock. Wheels & Paint!

Restrictions
Tuning: Prohibited
PP: TBD
Tires: Sports Soft
Lounge: Public lounge. Will post # here when I have it
Track: Deep Forest

These cars are always fun wherever we go, but this track is a fan favorite too. So grab any road-going RX7 - any one you want. We will cap the PP, so don't think grabbing the Bathurst is gonna guarantee you wins.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Tutu August 26 2014 - A Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »

Why yes, Deep Forest is a favorite. Plus it has side boob.  ^-^

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:21:37 PM »

This should be fun.

1472 6681 3415 7080 4901

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:49:43 PM »

I'm working late, but I still should make it before the veal is served.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 06:18:45 PM »

coming in hot....

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 08:07:03 PM »

Awesome night of racing....until the room locked at 10:00. :(

Really close racing all night long. Thanks Stepper, and all who raced.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 05:06:26 AM »

What a crowd! Thanks everyone!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 10:49:05 AM »

that was a nice turn out.  It was a nice surprise.

request though.. .can we try to keep the aggression down on the road?  Most times people passed me it was from just pushing through where tehy had no room to make the pass.  I mean, if I wanted to be an ass, I could not brake and leave all caution to the wind too, but it would double the # of collisions in the process.  (notice I do everything possible to avoid collision, even if it would not be my "fault")

also, returning to track after a wreck should be done a lot more carefully. if there are triangles approaching, it would be nice if people would stay off the track until they pass, or make sure they are not on the racing line, at least.

don't mean to be a downer... but it was frustrating at times...  long time regulars were not an issue, it was the newer tunas and the drop-ins, which I guess are hard to control... so I'll take it rather than leave it.

Thanks again.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

that was a nice turn out.  It was a nice surprise.

request though.. .can we try to keep the aggression down on the road?  Most times people passed me it was from just pushing through where tehy had no room to make the pass.  I mean, if I wanted to be an ass, I could not brake and leave all caution to the wind too, but it would double the # of collisions in the process.  (notice I do everything possible to avoid collision, even if it would not be my "fault")

also, returning to track after a wreck should be done a lot more carefully. if there are triangles approaching, it would be nice if people would stay off the track until they pass, or make sure they are not on the racing line, at least.

don't mean to be a downer... but it was frustrating at times...  long time regulars were not an issue, it was the newer tunas and the drop-ins, which I guess are hard to control... so I'll take it rather than leave it.

Thanks again.

I agree and I'll add stay within the track boundary to that also.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »

Out of the 3 races I was in I only got nailed one time, unfortunately it was from behind, it was when I was hoping to make a pass for the lead, and it was from some guy I didn't know. I can't pass judgement on whether it was a mistake or not, but there wasn't an apology from the 'nail-er'.

Is Tutu an event to attract new drivers and is that why it was open to the public? Just curious as I've been out of the loop for a while.

The racing for me was still fun - hell, we were in Mazda's with rotors, what is not to like?  ^-^

Thanks for the good times last night guys.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »

I've been running it in an open lobby for a while now mostly because turnout has been... uh, not great. I'll take a full room and having to deal with 1 or 2 bozos over 5 people total all night.

If I'm in the room, I have no problem playing "Bad Cop" and kicking people if need be. You just need to make yourself heard that you had an issue/run in. Unfortunately, I don't do spectator mode and police the races.  ^-^

It was great to see such a turnout last night. Thanks everyone!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 04:04:52 PM »

I've been running it in an open lobby for a while now mostly because turnout has been... uh, not great. I'll take a full room and having to deal with 1 or 2 bozos over 5 people total all night.

If I'm in the room, I have no problem playing "Bad Cop" and kicking people if need be. You just need to make yourself heard that you had an issue/run in. Unfortunately, I don't do spectator mode and police the races.  ^-^

I think the format is fine the way you do it, STepper.  I always try to walk the line between not speaking up, and sounding like a bitch who can't handle a little contact...  Sometimes, I might come across as the latter, but cleanliness is just something I've become accustomed to with y'all fine gents  :-*

what is your preferred way for someone to speak up in lounge?  Lounge Chat, XMB msg to you... verbal?  Obviously, avoiding too much drama is key...

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »

I think the format is fine the way you do it, STepper.  I always try to walk the line between not speaking up, and sounding like a bitch who can't handle a little contact...  Sometimes, I might come across as the latter, but cleanliness is just something I've become accustomed to with y'all fine gents  :-*

what is your preferred way for someone to speak up in lounge?  Lounge Chat, XMB msg to you... verbal?  Obviously, avoiding too much drama is key...

It's always been kinda "Hey keep an eye on So_and_So_1245... he ran me off and kept going".

We'll issue a warning to keep it clean and if it happens again...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 08:30:42 PM »

I arrived late to the tutu as usual. I got in one race before HS said try the veal. I picked the wrong RX7 for the pp, but I was having fun and mixing it up. On lap 2 some oldkartracer (this person is not to be confused with a PSN name kartracer many of us have known from 5p btw) claimed I hit him. At first I did not understand who was speaking and who he was referring to, but when I did I slowed down and waited. Oldkartracer had left the race though and upon seeing that I continued in second to last because somebody had trouble finding sports soft tires in the game, they did race very clean though.

I looked at the save I have and I would be happy to share it with anyone. I was on the inside and he was on the outside at the left after the tunnel leading down the hill at Deep Forest. There was no contact in my view. That said there were 16 racers in thei awesome full room and the oddities are bound to show up and that is just another reason to remain clam (j/k is calm).

As I was not there at the time I will not take a guess as to who was at fault in this incidence. I do however have a pretty good idea and I'm sure this can be resolved easily regarding any tuna.  

I am glad TuTu is public and there is no having to add a friend to find the zimmer (room in German, watch more pink panther if you need a laugh).

Thank you HotStepper for your Awesome continuation of TuTu.

Also, I love the Moe tossing clients out.

Also, also, because I'm lazy and it actually applies to how I feel about Hotstepper's TuTu. I will leave with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6lHm-stXdM

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »

I was only there for a short time early on. had ZERO asshat issues.... only FUN FUN FUB Thanks Stepper and all
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up