SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 03:28:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A suggestion from Spec via Rick.  (Read 8494 times)

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
Re: A suggestion from Spec via Rick.
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »

Going back and rereading the posts I cought something this time I hadn't before. I like the concept of doing this in teams/groups. Having others in the lobby spectating they can confirm and/or remind/deny cleanlyness of a participant. Additionally it would be easier to log the times using the live timing moniter provided in spactator mode. Another means of negating some potentiel lack of trust is have times for individuals posted by the spectator. Say Brindle and I got together in his lounge and ran at MRLS, the TT time post would go something like this...

Quote from: Brindle
Ronin - Ruf BTR 500PP(S1) - 1:26.845  - Ruf BTR 500PP(R1) - 1:22.992[/IMG]
Quote from: RoninTuna
Brindle - Ruf BTR 500PP(S1) - 1:23.938 Ruf BTR 500PP(R1) - 1:21.384[/IMG]

Thoughts?

Ah good you can be our official spectator and keep us inline.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »

Going back and rereading the posts I cought something this time I hadn't before. I like the concept of doing this in teams/groups. Having others in the lobby spectating they can confirm and/or remind/deny cleanlyness of a participant. Additionally it would be easier to log the times using the live timing moniter provided in spactator mode. Another means of negating some potentiel lack of trust is have times for individuals posted by the spectator. Say Brindle and I got together in his lounge and ran at MRLS, the TT time post would go something like this...

Ronin - Ruf BTR 500PP(S1) - 1:26.845  - Ruf BTR 500PP(R1) - 1:22.992[/IMG]

Thoughts?

The only problem is that (at least for me) when your doing a bit of TT'ing it's usually a whenever moment.  Your out there, nothing better to do, so you go out and do some hot laps.  The way you guys are pointing this, it'll become another organized event, instead of just some time killing.  I really do TT's when the mood strikes and have a little time to burn.   The plus side would be the confirmation of times as that seems to be a pretty big stumbling block, unless we have 100% honesty from 100% of the people involved or at least something approaching the 100% mark.

Not trying to be rude here but, by that logic it sounds like when you are sitting there in a room with one other person waiting for other people to show up you would much rather run one on one races until other people start showing? I can't say howmany times I have sat in a room with one or two other people, wanting to race but not wanting to start one because there are only two or three cars in the mix. We usually just end up running laps and bullshitting over the comm untill people show up. It just feels like a perfect two birds one stoner moment.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

TopEnd

• The Bored of Directors
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »

I thought TT's were done whenever like Infiniti said. This is getting too organized,having people confirm your time. I trust everyone here 100%. What would be the point of cheating anyway

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »

Ronin - Ruf BTR 500PP(S1) - 1:26.845  - Ruf BTR 500PP(R1) - 1:22.992[/IMG]

Thoughts?

The only problem is that (at least for me) when your doing a bit of TT'ing it's usually a whenever moment.  Your out there, nothing better to do, so you go out and do some hot laps.  The way you guys are pointing this, it'll become another organized event, instead of just some time killing.  I really do TT's when the mood strikes and have a little time to burn.   The plus side would be the confirmation of times as that seems to be a pretty big stumbling block, unless we have 100% honesty from 100% of the people involved or at least something approaching the 100% mark.

Not trying to be rude here but, by that logic it sounds like when you are sitting there in a room with one other person waiting for other people to show up you would much rather run one on one races until other people start showing? I can't say howmany times I have sat in a room with one or two other people, wanting to race but not wanting to start one because there are only two or three cars in the mix. We usually just end up running laps and bullshitting over the comm untill people show up. It just feels like a perfect two birds one stoner moment.

No doubt it would work in that scenario, but you still just couldn't get out there on the spur of the moment and do some hot laps Ala GT5P.  Your assuming that what you described above will always be the case, while it will happen and quite often,  some of us (ahem, I work overnights) like to do some practice/hot laps when others are just not around.   You see I know what you say is partly correct Ronin, give the same, instead of being dismissive like you seem to be doing.   :-X
:off2bed I work tonight

Brindle

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »

:stoopid:  (Turbo's post)

I have no problem with trusting this group.  My gt300 series comes to mind.  All drivers should be on stock motor parts at stock hp, but thats not to say any one can't put on the mods and up the hp to just under the room limit of 345hp.  Highest in the group would be 337hp.  I trust every racing in the series to be honest in the setup.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

No doubt it would work in that scenario, but you still just couldn't get out there on the spur of the moment and do some hot laps Ala GT5P.  Your assuming that what you described above will always be the case, while it will happen and quite often,  some of us (ahem, I work overnights) like to do some practice/hot laps when others are just not around.   You see I know what you say is partly correct Ronin, give the same, instead of being dismissive like you seem to be doing.   :-X
I work tonight

I too work over night, third shift FTW.

Sorry if I came off as dismissive, that was not the intention at all. I was just trying to include spotenuity element in the concept as it's not entirely thought out yet.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »

:stoopid:  (Turbo's post)

I have no problem with trusting this group.  My gt300 series comes to mind.  All drivers should be on stock motor parts at stock hp, but thats not to say any one can't put on the mods and up the hp to just under the room limit of 345hp.  Highest in the group would be 337hp.  I trust every racing in the series to be honest in the setup.

Thinking about this and your right... We really don't need everyone to be policed every lap.  We do have a great bunch of guys and have known them since the early GT5P days.  Maybe someone would cheat, oh well, in the end they are really only kidding and cheating themselves. One bad apple wouldn't spoil this bunch... Oh that was bad .. I'm  :-[ for saying it... but it stays in.  :D

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »

Thoughts? Here's a thought, why are you insistent on making things more difficult than they need to be? It's time trialing not moving terrorist suspects from Guantanamo Bay. You run a time and post it. If someone is dishonest about their time, big whoopty do. That's on them. Time trialing isn't for bragging rights, it's for measuring improvement of one's self on the track. So if a driver lies about a time, they are only lying to themselves.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »

It seems each time PD gives us something, they take a little something away.  Currently, we're lacking any security measures regarding the validity of any times that will be submitted.  However, most of the guys on this forum have known and raced with each other about a billion times in the last few years.  I trust 95% of the guys here to run laps as dictated by the rules and the other 5% probably suck enough that we likely don't have to worry about their times meaning much. 

I've spoken with Clacksman about running concurrent time trials, but the participation over there hasn't been enough to warrant a second time trial.  If there is enough interest, I think multiple time trials are a good idea since what I'm looking for isn't necessarily what other guys are looking for. 

If given the opportunity, I would prefer to start with a shitty car on a relatively uneventful track, as I'm interested in improving my mostly lacking skills.  Other guys might be interested in the trash talk provided by running something faster on a track with a little more meat to it. 

Validating times would be great, but it doesn't even concern me with this group.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »

Thoughts? Here's a thought, why are you insistent on making things more difficult than they need to be? It's time trialing not moving terrorist suspects from Guantanamo Bay. You run a time and post it. If someone is dishonest about their time, big whoopty do. That's on them. Time trialing isn't for bragging rights, it's for measuring improvement of one's self on the track. So if a driver lies about a time, they are only lying to themselves.

You must not remember some of the banter that takes place after times are updated.   :laugh:

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »

Because, I did not think it was that friggen complicated. If honesty about times is of no concern then why did it even come up? Why is every thought I post met with such hostility?

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »

Because, I did not think it was that friggen complicated. If honesty about times is of no concern then why did it even come up? Why is every thought I post met with such hostility?

Mostly it's because we are hashing out the details and that's a detail. Most of us aren't getting upset.  It was brought up, discussed by various people with various views and now we seem to be coming to a meeting of the minds on it.  That's actually the way things are suppose to work.  The hostility is something I can't answer to, maybe you should ask them yourself, but there is a caveat to that... beware what you ask, you may not like the answer.
Damn I should be :zzz :palm

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »

Not complicated? Really? Let's see, what's more complicated than someone running a time trial when they have some free time? :ikik Having to find someone else in order to validate their time. C'mon man, just run your car, record you time and post it. If you feel like having a friend verify you aren't cheating then, by all means, have at it. It's that simple. Despite the way things get tunafied around here, we really do like to keep things simple.

As to why every thought you have is met with such hostility, I couldn't tell you. Maybe don't post every thought.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 02:45:50 PM »

Not complicated? Really? Let's see, what's more complicated than someone running a time trial when they have some free time? Having to find someone else in order to validate their time. C'mon man, just run your car, record you time and post it. If you feel like having a friend verify you aren't cheating then, by all means, have at it. It's that simple. Despite the way things get tunafied around here, we really do like to keep things simple.

As to why every thought you have is met with such hostility, I couldn't tell you. Maybe don't post every thought.

this^

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »

I wasn't suggesting that time trials or recording times for a bench thread should be an organized event dependent on having a friend present. It had nothing to do with being a team or having a lap time validated. Hot laps/practice/TT is something I would not look for a room for until after I've looked for a race. I was simply pointing out that GT5 lets people do laps together - something I think we were all wishing for when we were playing Prologue. So if I'm looking for a race and all I can find is someone alone in a room, I might check to see if they're running an interesting track for hot laps/practice or a race, or I'll just go off and do my own thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up