SupaTunaGT

• May 03, 2024, 01:31:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT on PS4  (Read 1898 times)

yvesf

• Blackfin Tuna
GT on PS4
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »

I was surprized not to find any thread yet, so here is one...

During the PS4 demo on Feb 20 they said that GT will be available for the launch of PS4, around christmas.

Don't know if it's gonna be GT5 ported to PS4 or GT6.

Yves

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: GT on PS4
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 01:39:49 PM »

During the PS4 demo on Feb 20 they said that GT will be available for the launch of PS4, around christmas.

Yves

we do have a couple of threads...  but i don't think we'd heard that.  i thought someone had mentioned a different race title for launchtime.

but maybe they make another GTx-HD version like with GT5 to whet our appetite?  You know the one before Prolong...

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »

Kazunori said nothing directly about GT6 or GT at all. In fact, a while ago, he said he would stop his teasing and speculating in public.

The Drive Club was the racing game shown.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »

yea  Ithink after all the GT5 delays he has learned not to do that so much.

sometimes we receive content with no announcement whatsoever, or only a last minute announcement.

they seem to want to surprise us rather than disappoint fans now days...

hopefully we will see something like a GT6 or GT6 prologue within the first year or so of the PS4's lifespan, though.

but till then there's still a lot of fun to be had right here.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »

EX, Don't give them any idea's!!!!

NO NO NO on a GT6 Prologue! 

I, personally, don't want to play, again, an abbreviated version for another near 2 years, with limited tracks and cars, while they dick around with GT6 for another few years. 

They have to realize the dog of competition is about to take a bite out of there asses and wallets.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »

Yves

you look just like GT11. GT6 auto bee by PS4 time.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 06:55:01 AM »

The draw for GT5 Prologue, to me, was online play. That was the big leap over previous GT titles. Sure, there were many other improvements, but that was the big one. What could be the reason for me to pay for a GT6 Prologue? Especially on a new system? I'm not sure I'll get the new system anyway, certainly not for a game that doesn't have huge new features. If GT6 is realeased early in PS4's life, maybe I get it...if the community is still interested in it. I guess it depends if any other racing games are released on PS3/4 also. So many variables.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 07:04:01 AM »

The draw for GT5 Prologue, to me, was online play. That was the big leap over previous GT titles. Sure, there were many other improvements, but that was the big one. What could be the reason for me to pay for a GT6 Prologue? Especially on a new system? I'm not sure I'll get the new system anyway, certainly not for a game that doesn't have huge new features. If GT6 is realeased early in PS4's life, maybe I get it...if the community is still interested in it. I guess it depends if any other racing games are released on PS3/4 also. So many variables.

Idk if I'll buy a new system. I don't even know what it looks like, so who cares at this point. But you're right, the draw for GT6 is the community. If everyone else is going to get it, I'm in, no question. But what I picture is everyone else waiting on everyone else to get the game and we're just waiting on one person to jump and get it. Kind of like this:

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »

The draw for me was that it was my first real Gran Turismo game.  I had only played GTHD before that.  There also wasn't really anything on the ps3 that was much better.  None of the games released around then had tire wear or pit stops for example.  At this point, I'm not sure that I'd buy a game with a severely limited feature set unless there was something else that was special about it especially with pcars coming out for the ps3 and pcars, rfactor2 and AC coming out for the PC.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »

GT5 still works and, so long as we have on-line, we can entertain ourselves while they fiddle.

Either way, I don't care on which platform it released on. Project CARS will keep us using the PS3 anyway, so it's not as if we won't have things to do, in the meantime.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »

If GT6 doesn't launch with the PS4, i would like to see some older tracks from PD as DLC! Doesn't have to be anymore cars just a few more tracks would do!

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 05:35:10 PM »

The hell with waiting....give us some of the GT4 tracks for GT5 NOW!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »

I have had the conversation that both in real and cyber driving about what and where to drive. In real life it was club and class choice. In the cyber world it is system whether that is ps, xbox or computer and then software choices. But in the end the answer is the same for both you want to race where the people are and even better is if you get along woth those people. Not sure where I will end up for the time being I will enjoy GT as much as I can.

I am currently anti PS4 mostly because I feel as though they never lived up to what was promised for the current sytem. So it makes me hesitant to fork over more cash to these same people.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:02:52 PM by BakedTuna »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »

:stoopid:

I will not support a new PS system until it has been established as a reliable system like the PS2.  The PS3 has been nothing more than a CLUSTER :FUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up